Porsche adds custom colour options to their vehicle lineup

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Porsche adds custom colour options to their vehicle lineup

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Porsche adds custom colour options to their vehicle lineup

• Porsche adds custom colour options to their vehicle lineup

Ron Ledohowski updated 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Ron Ledohowski

November 29, 2021 at 3:02 am

Porsche increases availability of Paint to Sample color program

Over 160 different hues will now be available, and totally custom colors are a possibility, too.

Pricey (Porsche) option but still a sign of the future IMHO; more customization &/or greater bespoke options going fwd:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/porsche-paint-to-sample-pts-colors-taycan-panamera-718-boxster/

Makes Aptera’s custom (bespoke) colour option of 1500.00USD (even if an OEM wrap IMHO) a “bargain”; proves to be much more cost sensible at the moment but is still forward thinking & 100% on trend/target usually confined to the crazy big ticket luxury or exotic car brands.

• Cosme Tome Melendez

November 29, 2021 at 7:24 pm

Ronster, respectfully speaking if you want to be different, you had to pay for.

If you or someone remember the Elio Motors color options, they offered something similar adding the wrap of your choice for one thousand dollars or more, now I do not remember fine, it is not a common sense for any carmaker to offer color option for nothing, instead motorcycle makers do same, I had paid for my BMW R1200RT a $1,700 extra money for a luxury optional trim, so Aptera is doing what almost everybody in the industry do, I am fine with it.

Thanks for reading

• Ron Ledohowski

November 29, 2021 at 7:36 pm

Absolutely. Perhaps you missed my point. Aptera providing the option AND at such a “reasonable cost” (read quote:”a bargain” ie. “a good value”) was my point in reference & comparison to the Porsche article (did you read it by chance?).

Not only am I fine with it, I say KUDOS & BRAVO to Aptera.

Sorry if it was somehow confusing.

All the best to you.

GREETINGS from the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, CANADA.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now