Porsches interesting concept

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Porsches interesting concept

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Porsches interesting concept

• Porsches interesting concept

Lou Verner updated 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • Vernon Michael Gardner

December 28, 2021 at 7:25 pm

The article discusses the distance of driving compared to charge time, enjoy. https://cleantechnica.com/2021/12/28/porsche-determines-85-kwh-is-the-ideal-battery-size-for-its-electric-cars/

• Guy SKEER

December 29, 2021 at 6:34 am

Saw the Title, and Thought “The Nurburgring will be the Standard” – Yep!

Thanks for the Post!

• Joel Smith

December 29, 2021 at 6:48 pm

What caught my attention was the assertion that drivers would be happy with two hours of driving from a 15 minute charge. Adding a few more convenient and plausible numbers; average speed of 60 mph and Aptera’s 10 miles per kWh yields a need to charge 12kWh in those 15 minutes or at an hourly rate of 48 kW.

Weren’t we talking before about Aptera being equipped with a 50 kW charger? Sounds plausibly adequate by that standard then.

• Lou Verner

December 30, 2021 at 8:30 am

What caught my attention was fact that the “sweet spot” for Porche was the 85-kWh battery size because it shaved off tenths of a second off the time (over 7 1/2 minute circuit) compared to 70-kWh battery, even though the increased weight of the larger battery lowered its 0-60 time (again only by fraction of a second). Seems to me that the average (perhaps any?) Porsche driver would not/could not differentiate between those statistically insignificant time differences. This to me would lead one to believe that the 70-kWh battery was in fact the more ideal battery size given its lower weight and lower cost – to both manufacturer and the environment.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now