Potential VR Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Potential VR Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Potential VR Aptera

• Potential VR Aptera

• Curtis Cibinel

June 14, 2022 at 2:01 pm

One interesting detail which was mentioned in this mornings webinar was that Steve (and presumably other internal staff) have had a chance to experience the gamma design in VR. This would be a great way to experience the amazing model they have put together for their videos and renders. When he mentioned how amazing it was to see in VR the chat exploded with people pointing out that they want to see it. I really hope they can release the gamma model to sketchfab or other standard services as it would be amazing to explore the vehicle. Given that the model contains the same information as the videos/still images I really hope they can find a way to release this. I feel like this would be a tool which could help people sell the idea of the aptera to friends and family with a more interactive approach.

🤞 they decide to share their toys 😉

• Paul Carlucci

June 14, 2022 at 4:57 pm

It really seems like one of those things that you’d think manufacturers would already be putting out so you can look over every bit of a car at your own place from the comfort of your own home. The glossy brochures have given way to PDFs and 360 videos you can sorta drag around, but VR is a major win especially for a company like Aptera which doesn’t have a showroom or even a final product.

• Dennis Swaney

June 16, 2022 at 7:33 am

I don’t even know what is the minimum equipment needed to begin with. Would any cell phone be enough or just high end ones? If cell phones can’t handle it what about tablets or is a full blown Windows or Macintosh computer required?

• Curtis Cibinel

June 16, 2022 at 8:13 am

Definitely possible with a phone (cardboard vr or not) or quest. With less optimization might need a quest 2 or pc. Here is a Tesla model x: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/tesla-model-x-animation-36e9d3598c554bb69f3d9cd00e161818

• Dennis Swaney

June 16, 2022 at 8:32 am

Thanks, Curtis! I’ll probably look into getting a VR app for my iPhone, and then just get a cheap cardboard-style viewer to hold the phone.

• Curtis Cibinel

June 16, 2022 at 8:38 am

To be 100% clear my definition of “possible” (sketchfab) is not necessarily how they will release this (if they actually do). Unless you have another reason to play around in vr i’d hold off; that said Walmart has headsets for cellphones for like $10.

• Abi Bellamkonda

June 16, 2022 at 3:37 am

Yes. That would be awesome. Ambassadors who don’t have real vehicle can show VR at the expos.

• Jonah Jorgenson

June 16, 2022 at 8:46 am

Possibly depending on the resolution of the model and as long as it does not detract from any scheduled efforts to get to production soonest.

I would prefer to see a VR of the Delta (Production ready) that can be used from the point of development through production or until they change the vehicle again. After delta is available I would not want Aptera to use a obsolete VR model to show potential customers especially if they see the differences between a Gama VR and a real vehicle in a live display. Both should be consistent.

Regardless, I would want the model at a higher resolution that the gamma rendering

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now