Potential VR Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Potential VR Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Potential VR Aptera

• Potential VR Aptera

Curtis Cibinel updated 38 minutes ago 7 Members · 11 Posts
  • Curtis Cibinel

June 14, 2022 at 2:01 pm

One interesting detail which was mentioned in this mornings webinar was that Steve (and presumably other internal staff) have had a chance to experience the gamma design in VR. This would be a great way to experience the amazing model they have put together for their videos and renders. When he mentioned how amazing it was to see in VR the chat exploded with people pointing out that they want to see it. I really hope they can release the gamma model to sketchfab or other standard services as it would be amazing to explore the vehicle. Given that the model contains the same information as the videos/still images I really hope they can find a way to release this. I feel like this would be a tool which could help people sell the idea of the aptera to friends and family with a more interactive approach.

🤞 they decide to share their toys 😉

• Paul Carlucci

June 14, 2022 at 4:57 pm

It really seems like one of those things that you’d think manufacturers would already be putting out so you can look over every bit of a car at your own place from the comfort of your own home. The glossy brochures have given way to PDFs and 360 videos you can sorta drag around, but VR is a major win especially for a company like Aptera which doesn’t have a showroom or even a final product.

• Abi Bellamkonda

June 16, 2022 at 3:37 am

Yes. That would be awesome. Ambassadors who don’t have real vehicle can show VR at the expos.

• Jonah Jorgenson

June 16, 2022 at 8:46 am

Possibly depending on the resolution of the model and as long as it does not detract from any scheduled efforts to get to production soonest.

I would prefer to see a VR of the Delta (Production ready) that can be used from the point of development through production or until they change the vehicle again. After delta is available I would not want Aptera to use a obsolete VR model to show potential customers especially if they see the differences between a Gama VR and a real vehicle in a live display. Both should be consistent.

Regardless, I would want the model at a higher resolution that the gamma rendering

• kerbe2705

July 23, 2022 at 9:38 pm

Has there been any more word on this from Aptera?

In video clips about the Gamma VR, the persons experiencing it seem be wearing Oculus/Meta Quest 2 gear: Mine is sitting here waiting to transport me into an Aptera!

• Curtis Cibinel

July 23, 2022 at 10:58 pm

Unfortunately no signs the gamma 3d model will be released.

I hope the company does decide to release it because any Aptera enthusiast with a vr headset could basically give a virtual tour of the car; not everyone lives in California. This would be a great referral marketing tool. It would also give game modders what they need to put it in games like gta 5 and project cars 3 – more people looking at it and wondering about the aptera… Releasing it openly allows various usage which will get more people interested and reserving Aptera

• Jonah Jorgenson

July 24, 2022 at 8:16 am

The physical Gamma should be available soon and the Delta shortly there after if Aptera intends to meet their production schedule this year and next. Depending on how many changes there will be between Gamma and Delta, I would wait to Delta (The real thing) is out to make VR models. The problem with VR models is that only one person can be looking at the same time where 3D projections can be seen by a group like those you would find at an event.

I am sure Aptera marketing will figure out the best way to present the Aptera in various promotional scenarios with in the resources and time available to them

• Anthony Gutierrez

December 7, 2022 at 5:06 pm

This would be awesome.

• Curtis Cibinel

December 7, 2022 at 5:11 pm

No more excuses about changes to be made when the “digital delta” releases. Really hoping they decide to share their toys – they have had this internally since atleast April. Think of all the free advertising from this showing up in mods for cars 2 and cyberpunk.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now