Priorities in getting in production

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Priorities in getting in production

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Priorities in getting in production

• Priorities in getting in production

• David Marlow

January 16, 2022 at 6:51 pm

While we know there are some things that are beyond Apteras control such as covid & supplier problems that are delaying production.

I hope that that delay time is being used to make a better product and move to accelerate production once all is ready to start.

It seams that money concerns are being addressed.

Recruiting of good quality motivated staff is in progress.

The factory is being setup.

Work is in progress in proving the design with the Beta and Gama programs.

However I am concerned on how they will be able to produce 40 bodies a day and getting the skin cooling to work in all conditions.

• John Malcom

January 16, 2022 at 7:03 pm

I have never considered this a concern.

Is your concern coming from an engineering background? If so please illuminate your concern with engineering specifics and test results that would lead you to this conclusion.

We are both guessing of course. My guess is that there is more than sufficient engineering talent and time to resolve any remaining issue regarding cooling if there is any. We should know from the results of Beta testing and if necessary redesign from the result of Beta testing. Certainly enough time to resolve before any impact on production.

You know that Aptera will take time to insure a fully functioning vehicle compliant with their performance envelope announcements as that is their culture.

Unless you are sure of your claim, it may better not to raise the issue as it may raise anxiety in others without cause.

• David Marlow

January 18, 2022 at 11:34 am

John, my concern about body production is not from any knowledge of composite production. It is just that now they at least one set of molds that made the first Beta unit body more than a month ago, why have we not heard about any more? Unless they learned that the first set of molds needs improvement to be good for faster production.

To be able to produce 40 a day in less than a year, they should be able to produce more than one a month now.

Also the first beta unit and possibly more will not be testing skin cooling.

I do not think my concerns will scare away any serious buyers or potential investors as we already have many more of those than were expected a year ago.

I like you, do not want anything to slow down the production of a quality product.

• Elzo Stubbe

January 18, 2022 at 11:52 am

No concern whatsoever. Look at the makers series and all your angst and concerns will vanish like melting snow in the sun!!!(hahaha)

• Patrick Liebknecht

January 17, 2022 at 1:55 pm

I think aptera needs to take a serious look at Texas

A free state where there are no lockdowns no mandates to constrain the workers and businesses, a lower corporate tax rate , cheaper land , cheaper leasing of buildings etc.

I just read an article stating that on January 10, 2022 Gov newsom has been handed a bill that will effectively double the republic of Californias tax rate.

There is a reason Musk left the republic of California , and more and more businesses are following his lead

• Bryan Bowes

January 18, 2022 at 12:46 pm

Aptera should be moving everything to Colorado. Has 2-4 months of every season, incredible pool of highly educated people, our education system is one of the best in the country. Boulder is a leader in solar and EV tech and we are farther along than any other state in the hyperloop. Colorado is also perfectly placed in the lower 48 and therefore so much better for supply chain. Too bad they are stuck in CA.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Bryan Bowes.
  • John Malcom

January 18, 2022 at 4:54 pm

Hmmm….I think you both should move to southern California so you can be closer to the Aptera action😜

I don’t believe Aptera will move from the SD area as that is home to the founders. CA bashing might not go over well with them.

As they expand they will establish micro factories in other locations, most likely where there is a lot of interest in Aptera. So if you want an Aptera facility in your state, encourage all of the residents to buy a lot of Aptera.

• John Malcom

January 18, 2022 at 5:45 pm

David,

That kind of information would be found in the detail of the development plan, specifically in the Testing Appendix. if you saw Steve Fambro’s recent interview, he briefly mentioned “A lot of Gantt charts”. Gantt charts are used to display the tasks in a plan. Each Gantt bar represents one task or sub task and the length of time to complete the task in standard time units and probably who is responsible to get it done. The Gantt charts also sequence the tasks and show dependencies And relationships between tasks.

We need to have confidence in the engineering team to schedule their development and testing tasks in the right order and allocate the right amount of time to get them done. These are very professional people with training and experience in their respective disciplines that have done an amazing job in a short time will little capital. they are fully capable of identifying and remedisting any issue found in testing. Aptera works on their schedule. We don’t have the insight to second guess them on when something is scheduled to be accomplished.

Aptera has been remarkably open about development. Lets trust that if there is a long pole in the tent they will let us know at the right time.

I will also say this. Aptera just got Series A funding from a venture capital company. These companies conduct a rigorous due diligence before they provide any money. If there was a risk factor above their very low threshold for investment, Aptera would not have got the money.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now