Production plans for the AWD Aptera?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Production plans for the AWD Aptera?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Production plans for the AWD Aptera?

• Production plans for the AWD Aptera?

• Dean McManis

March 20, 2022 at 11:21 pm

Like everyone here I am excited to get my Aptera, and we have heard their outlined plans/goals for production. With the initial Paradigm reservations (400 mile, FWD) likely to be the first models built and delivered to those lucky customers, hopefully by the end of this year. Then in 2023 Aptera’s production should ramp up to deliver more EVs to those of us who reserved them at the initial company introduction. And after the initial run of 400 mile, FWD models are built, other configurations will be produced with smaller and larger batteries. But in the announced/rumored production plans I didn’t really see the AWD option mentioned. I expect that Aptera will build a few fully loaded, special press vehicles early in production that will feature different battery sizes, AWD, full solar, off-road, and maybe Safety Pilot packages to show off the Aptera’s full capabilities. I’ve ordered the 40kWh/400 mile battery (which should help) and I’ve also chosen full solar and Safety Pilot. But of all of the options, I really don’t want to give up the added acceleration and traction of AWD just to get mine earlier. And I am wondering where in the Aptera production timeline plans that the AWD motor option fits in.

• Len Nowak Nowak

March 21, 2022 at 4:56 am

Maybe better asked at info@aptera.us ?

You can always modify your order. They are suppose to contact us when our reservation pre order moves to an order…

╮(╯_╰)╭

“60kWh AWD Full Solar and everything else Len” here… So I will be waiting longer than you…But I want what I need., Cross Country stories to tell!

I have friends that ordered the 40kWh and I will be in touch and see if they can convince me to move to a 40KWh range.

I am trust you will keep us posted!

Exciting!

• Dean McManis

March 21, 2022 at 11:51 am

Yeah, I’ll ask them via email as well.

• David Marlow

March 21, 2022 at 6:55 am

I want to get mine ASAP so I configured it the same as the first Paradigm model. However I really want a 600 mile, all wheel drive model, with level 2 self driving. So I have ordered a second Aptera configured that way. By the time that one is produced there will so much interest in Aptera that I will have no problem finding a new owner for the first one.

• Dean McManis

March 21, 2022 at 11:49 am

Clever approach.

• BRUCE MENGLER

March 21, 2022 at 4:06 pm

I, too, want an AWD Aptera & hope that they will deliver the initial Paradigm versions with AWD.
      If not, I certainly hope we can buy complete Third Motor Upgrade Kit from Aptera at the time of original purchase for a DIY installation.

• rich garlick

March 22, 2022 at 6:59 am

i really hope Kayleigh Venne (Aptera) weighs in on this at some point as i see confusion on Social Media and here as to when the AWD drive versions become available from Aptera. ( i.e. right away w/ Paradigm or X # of Vehicles out the Factory door.) Mine is > #10,000 so im not worried about needing to choose with little info about the Vehicle. for now, i have the 400 mile, 2WD selected as that is good enough per Aptera. it really depends on how the Vehicle Drive Systems are integrated / configured by Aptera. We just wont know until units are being Delivered and Reviewed by OWNERS / Youtubers. Really appreciate Aptera being upfront with what they know to the Public. The Right to Repair feature hopefully makes this less of an issue for someone that chooses the “WRONG” configuration for them. Glad to see the Factory coming ALIVE. The Final Stretch will be exciting to watch. id be very PLEASED to see Aptera DELIVER to ~50 Customers this year. The MORE time that goes on the less i think we will be sold these vehicles at the ORIGINAL PRICING.

LET’S GO APTERA !

P.S. Still waiting for a 2022 (bone stock) Hybrid Ford Maverick XL i ordered back in Sept.

😞

• Joshua Rosen

March 22, 2022 at 8:19 am

Bone stock, there’s your problem. Ford put your order at the very bottom of their build list. Nobody want’s to build stripped vehicles when they can sell every fully loaded one that they can make. You have to give Tesla credit here for being transparent, if you want a base Model Y you’ll have to wait until 2023, if you give them $12,000 for FSD you can have one in two months. Ford hasn’t been explicit like Tesla has but you can bet they have the same priorities.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

March 22, 2022 at 9:05 am

Richard, If we want to go back to the first mention of the build order in the initial webcast on 12/4/20 by Aptera, along with the 400-250-600-1000 order they also said that those would be followed by the AWDs and the Off Roads. To be reasonably realistic as to what this means, as was answered by CA in the last ambassadors web meeting, it indicates that they will begin production of each vehicle in that order, not that they will build all of a certain type first and then move to the next, so that all models will eventually be in concurrent production.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now