Delete as well

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Delete as well

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Delete as well

• Delete as well

• Steven G. Bueche

February 9, 2022 at 4:54 am

After viewing some of the current track testing I noticed the rear tire not tracking with any of the turns and taking a bit of drag on it’s lateral sides. Sure some of the turning in the videos is a bit hard due to that particular test but it leads to the question of how much lateral wear will come from every day driving and how it will effect the tires longevity. it seems the back tire will wear out on the outsides before the middle. This leads me to believe that the rear tire will require changing a bit more than the front tires.

Any thoughts?

• This discussion was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Steven G. Bueche. Reason: multiple listings
  • Gabriel Kemeny

February 9, 2022 at 10:59 am

Tire rotation should lessen any uneven wear issues. The vehicle’s light weight should help with overall tire wear.

• George Hughes

February 9, 2022 at 11:42 am

I don’t think you can gauge tire wear from a video image of a car moving through its adhesion in a video of at a track. Generally, heavy cars wear tires and light cars don’t and Aptera is very light – exceptionally light for an EV.

Spinning tires and tires at the edge of traction are points of wear and driving aggressively will quickly wear tires. Driving less aggressively wears them less but I will note that other than tire-burning behavior the most important element in tire wear is tire design and rubber compounds.

I wouldn’t predict poor tire wear characteristics simply because it is ‘a’ third wheel.

All that said, what we don’t know is the tire-rotation schedule and whether Aptera recommends purchasing four tires for the rotation schedule or just three.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now