Referral code in profile

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Referral code in profile

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Referral code in profile

• Referral code in profile

Elzo Stubbe updated 6 months ago 8 Members · 28 Posts
  • Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 9:15 am

I am still trying to sort out the referral system, but it seems to me that it would be nice to have a member’s referral code as part of their profile. That way, a new buyer can reward someone who has been particularly helpful to them in the forums. Just an idea.

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 9:31 am

Or perhaps it could apply to Ambassadors, since they are doing more than the average member?

• Len Nowak Nowak

December 2, 2021 at 9:40 am

Ideas best sent to info@aptera.us????

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 10:16 am

Well Leonard, since you are doing a lot of replies with helpful info – what is your referral code? I’m getting ready to order.

• Steve Lee

December 2, 2021 at 1:16 pm

this video talks about the various options when you order. might be helpful.

https://youtu.be/KEQ2Ts-0ZXc

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 8:29 pm

Thanks for the video, but I have already figured out what options we are going to choose, after going over everything with my husband for the past couple of weeks of research. I did notice that the link given in that video goes to a referral code for the person that did the video, but it doesn’t really say who that is. I was going to use the referral code of someone who helped me personally if possible, but the only way to get the code is to ask someone directly. Not sure if that’s allowed, but can’t figure out another way to do it. Which is why I suggested that it may be nice to have it as part of a persons profile since that is a more subtle way of doing it instead of putting someone on the spot.

• kerbe2705

December 2, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Let us know if it works, please: With the old forum, once you were registered you weren’t able to use a referral code! Thanks!

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 8:30 pm

I haven’t placed the reservation yet. Was waiting to get the referral code to help someone else.

• Raj Giandeep

December 3, 2021 at 6:36 am

I do wish we had promo codes we could give out. The only one I’ve seen is for Jay Leno & it’s not as much as a referral link from my memory.

In regards to your question on the referral link being on our forum profile. I did it on mine if you want check it out. Only way I could think to do it, I did it a few months back. Another option for forum users is to upload their unique QR code that goes to their referral link in the photos part of their forum profile. Just some ideas I’ve had.

Here is an image anyone can put on their photo part of their profile & in the description of the image put your referral link. I have another image on my profile with a QR code, just edit your own over it & your good to go.

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:18 am

I got a code when I became a member (in the welcome email). Didn’t know anything about it before that. I’m supposed to give it out to get a discount on my own purchase, assuming they buy and pay for a car of their own, and the friend gets $30 off thir $100 reservation. How that will work, since I will get my car before they do, is still a mystery to me. However, I’m perfectly willing to use someone else’s code when I place my reservation. Seems a shame not to use it to help someone else.

Raj mentioned putting his code on the forum profile, but when I clicked on his name to see it, it’s not there. So is the regular profile different from the forum profile? And where does one see the forum profile, since clicking on the name brings up the regular profile? I’m confused…

• Raj Giandeep

December 3, 2021 at 8:24 am

Yes, clicking on the name of the users here goes to their profile. Not a way to just show the referral link on the profile directly. So either create a custom profile banner or use the image part of your profile. For example yours

https://aptera.us/members/lgjcbatchelorgmail-com/
              mine -> https://aptera.us/members/tosh-hatch/

If somebody uses your referral link & you purchase your Aptera. Then later your friend purchases theirs. The credit would just go towards another Aptera on your account.

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:36 am

Raj, forgive me for being so confused, but I don’t see any link similar to the one I got on anyone’s profile. Mine is listed under the My Account menu in Account Settings: Referrals and is https://lz953.isrefer.com/go/preorder/a40543

???

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:38 am

Duh.

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:38 am

Ah wait – I see it as part of the photo, but clicking on it doesn’t automatically send you there.

• Raj Giandeep

December 3, 2021 at 8:43 am

You are correct, clicking the image banner on the forum profile does nothing. So people have to get creative with the forum profile banner with short links or QR codes.

Or use the image part of your forum profile to upload a image & put the referral link in the description of the image.

I would like to see a dedicated part of the profile that has the referral link that dynamically pulled from your account for you.

• John Malcom

December 2, 2021 at 1:52 pm

Remember, you are not placing an order, but a reservation. You will have a chance to place an order when your reservation number comes up , or decide not to order and get a refund of your reservation deposit

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 8:32 pm

My bad… I used “order” instead of “reserve.” The power of positive thinking or just being optimistic?

• John Malcom

December 3, 2021 at 3:16 am

Either way a good thing!

• Ron Ledohowski

December 3, 2021 at 5:47 am

We ALL know what you meant.

If you can configure & spec your Aptera then it’s an “order reservation” or “reservation order” with an accompanying (refundable) “initial” deposit. LOL.

“Reservation” & “order” are both interchangeable in stated context.

When you pay in full, as to confirm & complete your order, it then becomes a purchase whether with immediate, OR a delayed, delivery.

Don’t allow yourself to get caught up in silly “semantics” either way.

There was no need to correct as YOU know what you meant; as did WE.

It’s all GOOD! ????????

• John Malcom

December 3, 2021 at 7:17 am

Yep it is all good.!

The terms may be synonymous in our minds but are two separate transactions. The reservation and associated deposit insures you will have an Aptera in what ever order Aptera decides to deliver vehicles. That order has not been officially specified yet and Aptera says it will be announced in 2022 ahead of production. The order question comes up periodically and is a common question of interest. Answers were provided in the previous forum which was archived. Leonard Norwalk, who shepherds the forum periodically sends out a link to the old Q&A Spreadsheet for common Q’s that are asked when new people join the forum.

The last information I had was that the order of delivery was not final yet but would be announced “Next year” before deliveries began. The reservations for the paradigm and paradigm + will be first. then some wordage to the fact that the “400 mile” version will be next.

The way the process is described is that you will be notified that a production vehicle is about to be ready for you. At that point you can execute an Aptera sales contract with changes to your configuration if you wish with your $100 deposit deducted from your price. If you are an investor at the level of getting a discount, the discount will be applied as well. The vehicle will be manufactured to your specification(Original or modifications) and “Delivered” The delivery process has not been completely defined at this point either. If you decide not to purchase at that time then your reservation will be cancelled and your deposit returned.

There is a lot of information to be finalized, but they are working on it and I am sure all of what we will need to know will be released in time for us to act upon it.????

There is confusion about order/reservation place in the que etc. Ray Holan asked Aptera about the delivery process. His answer and comments by OZ Man, both Ambassadors, are in a post “Realistic Delivery Time” Nov 15th at 7:50 AM. In those posts, it is pointed out that the reservation list is not a queue and we just have to wait for Aptera to release the details we need.

Great vehicle. certainly worth waiting for.

• Raj Giandeep

December 3, 2021 at 8:18 am

Just a FYI Aptera no longer keeps that Q&A Google Spreadsheet up to date & they ask to use the website FAQ instead -> https://aptera.us/faq/ which they keep up to date.

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:28 am

Actually John is quite right in making the distinction between the words “order” and “reserve.” It really is helpful to be mentored so I’m able to sort out the HUGE amount of information coming at me. It’s so easy to overlook the details that matter a lot. Even though the forum people know what I’m talking about, I need to know for sure what I’M talking about or I may well wind up in trouble. Speaking from experience… lol

• Ron Ledohowski

December 3, 2021 at 8:54 am

It all has to do with intent of “both” parties to fulfill their commitments. The deposit is a show of intent especially if your deposit is tied to a chosen spec or configuration with options .

In this “particular” case, you can walk away & your deposit is fully refundable prior to production; if you weren’t/aren’t serious, change your mind or simply unable to fulfill your end (or they aren’t able for that matter too). If you continue, the deposit gets deducted from your invoice & order.

• Ron Ledohowski

December 3, 2021 at 7:49 am

A reservation is an order “yet to be fulfilled” ESPECIALLY if you *spec, option & deposit. Like I said, it becomes a case of semantics at some point for the sake of semantics; but we get what’s being said.

You could state that you pre-ordered (prior to availability with your initial deposit) if you want to, as well.

It all has to do with “intent to fulfill” & “to receive” with final confirmations, final payment; followed then by delivery.

It really wasn’t necessary to correct.

*in the case of picking a custom colour, they will also contact you prior to “fulfilling your order” including final payment to which your deposit is then deducted & applied accordingly.

• Ron Ledohowski

December 3, 2021 at 8:23 am

May I also refer you to this thread and various other related.

To pre-order something is to order it in advance of release; ie. reserve in advance. Pre-order a movie, video game, new phone or whatever “may” likely require a deposit to hold or bring in to the store.

If you choose not to fulfill your commitment, sometimes you then “may” lose your deposit as a penalty (or a restocking fee “may” apply). Why? Because you didn’t fulfill your intent whereas the vendor has fulfilled their promise. Your name was specifically attached to that order and for something “specific”.

Again, it becomes semantics whereas the difference comes back to intent, regardless what you call it.

*Call it a “preorder” (ie. not yet deliverable) or a “reservation” if that makes one feel better about it. ????

One year anniversary since first preorders opened.

*DRM – Doesn’t Really Matter!

• John Malcom

December 3, 2021 at 9:44 am

After all of the discussions above I think DRM is right.

Aptera is very good at keeping us informed once they have something worked out. At this point no reason to worry as both the final purchasing process and delivery queuing process will be released in time for all of us to be prepared with what will be required.

Aptera is extremely accommodating to potential customers. So refreshing compared to working with car companies/dealers/sales people/finance mangers in the past.

Laura, I think you will be very pleasantly surprised as you learn about Aptera Operations

• Ron Ledohowski

December 11, 2021 at 5:57 am

BTW, you can check on your “orders” with this link available on the site. It will take you to your configuration and preorder.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now