Referral incentives and info

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Referral incentives and info

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Referral incentives and info

• Referral incentives and info

• Steve Lee

August 10, 2021 at 1:48 pm

It’s $1000 per referral. This is a referral that completes purchase, not a referral that just reserves correct?

• Raj Giandeep

August 10, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Correct, must purchase Aptera to get credit. Which makes sense.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m3AKptR_X98FFB9a1v89vJ2SjYSBb76Nafo_E5fin60/edit

• Fanfare 100

August 14, 2021 at 9:48 pm

What if the referred person purchases after one has made one’s own purchase?

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 15, 2021 at 3:16 am

That’s pretty much what you would have to expect, the credit is then for a future additional purchase.

• kerbe2705

August 15, 2021 at 9:40 pm

Unless, perhaps, you’re financing through Aptera and they take it off your contract…

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 16, 2021 at 6:24 am

I wouldn’t bet any money on that possibility at all.

• Fanfare 100

August 23, 2021 at 10:59 am

Hey, realistically speaking, I’m not a car dealership and I truly don’t need more than one Aptera, so $1K off a future Aptera, how is it going to serve people like most of us? If it is not on the current purchase, then it’s pretty much a fictitious number for most people. This must apply to the current vehicle, otherwise it would make no sense. It’s not like most people saving up for their Aptera are planning on having a fleet of vehicles. lol

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 23, 2021 at 2:46 pm

@Fanfare 100

Well I suppose if you want to put off taking delivery of your Aptera until your referrals pay for theirs, you could make that work, than you wouldn’t have more than one.

From Aptera referral info: Additional terms and conditions apply.

“When do I redeem my points?

Each Aptera Point is worth a $1,000 credit towards the cost of your vehicle. These points are tracked in our system and will be discounted from the purchase price of your Aptera when you take delivery. Your friends must complete payment in full for their vehicles in order to receive the $1,000 credit.”

• Fanfare 100

May 25, 2022 at 3:01 pm

Greetings, might we get an official response to this question from Aptera Motors. Because it is only logical that anyone using the referral code will end up placing their order after the order we ourselves have placed. It’s even possible they will have placed their order even significantly after our own vehicles have been delivered.

Anyone from Aptera, please help clarify. And not all of us aspire to have fleets of Apterae, but we would like to get the word out and appreciatively participate in the referral program. Thanks.

• Randy J

August 15, 2021 at 6:40 am

As I drive my new Aptera and people ask me about it I would like to refer them to the company and earn credit for it. To give out that referral code would be difficult. Will there be another way? Maybe a printout I carry in the car and they can scan it with their smart phone… assuming they have one.

• Steve Lee

August 23, 2021 at 10:53 am

Sarah or someone from Aptera, can someone clarify how the credits would work? Would there be a refund of $1000 per referral since all of us will have already bought the vehicle and paid for it. Or would it only be useful for a future Aptera purchase so we would need to buy TWO Apteras to get any value out of our referrals?

• Sarah

Administrator
      August 23, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Hi Steve, I’ll check with our team and get back to you as soon as possible with more information. Thank you!

• Steve Lee

August 26, 2021 at 8:31 pm

bump

• Fanfare 100

August 28, 2021 at 2:20 pm

Itty bitty bump bump ????

• Steve Lee

August 31, 2021 at 5:23 pm

bump bump

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 8:46 am

Yep – totally confused how I will get a credit after paying for my car, from someone who will be behind me in the line to purchase theirs…

• Michael Lee

February 4, 2022 at 10:46 am

This is a huge caveat. At least it seems like the credit you earn can be used for add-ons and upgrades.

From the program FAQ:

Can I keep earning more points?
        Yes! While our program is active, you can keep earning points and additional discounts towards more add-ons and upgrades (or even another Aptera!)

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 9:15 am

I am still trying to sort out the referral system, but it seems to me that it would be nice to have a member’s referral code as part of their profile. That way, a new buyer can reward someone who has been particularly helpful to them in the forums. Just an idea.

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 9:31 am

Or perhaps it could apply to Ambassadors, since they are doing more than the average member?

• Len Nowak

December 2, 2021 at 9:40 am

Ideas best sent to info@aptera.us????

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 10:16 am

Well Leonard, since you are doing a lot of replies with helpful info – what is your referral code? I’m getting ready to order.

• Steve Lee

December 2, 2021 at 1:16 pm

this video talks about the various options when you order. might be helpful.

https://youtu.be/KEQ2Ts-0ZXc

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 8:29 pm

Thanks for the video, but I have already figured out what options we are going to choose, after going over everything with my husband for the past couple of weeks of research. I did notice that the link given in that video goes to a referral code for the person that did the video, but it doesn’t really say who that is. I was going to use the referral code of someone who helped me personally if possible, but the only way to get the code is to ask someone directly. Not sure if that’s allowed, but can’t figure out another way to do it. Which is why I suggested that it may be nice to have it as part of a persons profile since that is a more subtle way of doing it instead of putting someone on the spot.

• kerbe2705

December 2, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Let us know if it works, please: With the old forum, once you were registered you weren’t able to use a referral code! Thanks!

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 8:30 pm

I haven’t placed the reservation yet. Was waiting to get the referral code to help someone else.

• Raj Giandeep

December 3, 2021 at 6:36 am

I do wish we had promo codes we could give out. The only one I’ve seen is for Jay Leno & it’s not as much as a referral link from my memory.

In regards to your question on the referral link being on our forum profile. I did it on mine if you want check it out. Only way I could think to do it, I did it a few months back. Another option for forum users is to upload their unique QR code that goes to their referral link in the photos part of their forum profile. Just some ideas I’ve had.

Here is an image anyone can put on their photo part of their profile & in the description of the image put your referral link. I have another image on my profile with a QR code, just edit your own over it & your good to go.

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:18 am

I got a code when I became a member (in the welcome email). Didn’t know anything about it before that. I’m supposed to give it out to get a discount on my own purchase, assuming they buy and pay for a car of their own, and the friend gets $30 off thir $100 reservation. How that will work, since I will get my car before they do, is still a mystery to me. However, I’m perfectly willing to use someone else’s code when I place my reservation. Seems a shame not to use it to help someone else.

Raj mentioned putting his code on the forum profile, but when I clicked on his name to see it, it’s not there. So is the regular profile different from the forum profile? And where does one see the forum profile, since clicking on the name brings up the regular profile? I’m confused…

• Raj Giandeep

December 3, 2021 at 8:24 am

Yes, clicking on the name of the users here goes to their profile. Not a way to just show the referral link on the profile directly. So either create a custom profile banner or use the image part of your profile. For example yours

https://aptera.us/members/lgjcbatchelorgmail-com/
              mine -> https://aptera.us/members/tosh-hatch/

If somebody uses your referral link & you purchase your Aptera. Then later your friend purchases theirs. The credit would just go towards another Aptera on your account.

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:36 am

Raj, forgive me for being so confused, but I don’t see any link similar to the one I got on anyone’s profile. Mine is listed under the My Account menu in Account Settings: Referrals and is https://lz953.isrefer.com/go/preorder/a40543

???

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:38 am

Duh.

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:38 am

Ah wait – I see it as part of the photo, but clicking on it doesn’t automatically send you there.

• Raj Giandeep

December 3, 2021 at 8:43 am

You are correct, clicking the image banner on the forum profile does nothing. So people have to get creative with the forum profile banner with short links or QR codes.

Or use the image part of your forum profile to upload a image & put the referral link in the description of the image.

I would like to see a dedicated part of the profile that has the referral link that dynamically pulled from your account for you.

• John Malcom

December 2, 2021 at 1:52 pm

Remember, you are not placing an order, but a reservation. You will have a chance to place an order when your reservation number comes up , or decide not to order and get a refund of your reservation deposit

• Laura Batchelor

December 2, 2021 at 8:32 pm

My bad… I used “order” instead of “reserve.” The power of positive thinking or just being optimistic?

• John Malcom

December 3, 2021 at 3:16 am

Either way a good thing!

• Ron Ledohowski

December 3, 2021 at 5:47 am

We ALL know what you meant.

If you can configure & spec your Aptera then it’s an “order reservation” or “reservation order” with an accompanying (refundable) “initial” deposit. LOL.

“Reservation” & “order” are both interchangeable in stated context.

When you pay in full, as to confirm & complete your order, it then becomes a purchase whether with immediate, OR a delayed, delivery.

Don’t allow yourself to get caught up in silly “semantics” either way.

There was no need to correct as YOU know what you meant; as did WE.

It’s all GOOD! ????????

• John Malcom

December 3, 2021 at 7:17 am

Yep it is all good.!

The terms may be synonymous in our minds but are two separate transactions. The reservation and associated deposit insures you will have an Aptera in what ever order Aptera decides to deliver vehicles. That order has not been officially specified yet and Aptera says it will be announced in 2022 ahead of production. The order question comes up periodically and is a common question of interest. Answers were provided in the previous forum which was archived. Leonard Norwalk, who shepherds the forum periodically sends out a link to the old Q&A Spreadsheet for common Q’s that are asked when new people join the forum.

The last information I had was that the order of delivery was not final yet but would be announced “Next year” before deliveries began. The reservations for the paradigm and paradigm + will be first. then some wordage to the fact that the “400 mile” version will be next.

The way the process is described is that you will be notified that a production vehicle is about to be ready for you. At that point you can execute an Aptera sales contract with changes to your configuration if you wish with your $100 deposit deducted from your price. If you are an investor at the level of getting a discount, the discount will be applied as well. The vehicle will be manufactured to your specification(Original or modifications) and “Delivered” The delivery process has not been completely defined at this point either. If you decide not to purchase at that time then your reservation will be cancelled and your deposit returned.

There is a lot of information to be finalized, but they are working on it and I am sure all of what we will need to know will be released in time for us to act upon it.????

There is confusion about order/reservation place in the que etc. Ray Holan asked Aptera about the delivery process. His answer and comments by OZ Man, both Ambassadors, are in a post “Realistic Delivery Time” Nov 15th at 7:50 AM. In those posts, it is pointed out that the reservation list is not a queue and we just have to wait for Aptera to release the details we need.

Great vehicle. certainly worth waiting for.

• Raj Giandeep

December 3, 2021 at 8:18 am

Just a FYI Aptera no longer keeps that Q&A Google Spreadsheet up to date & they ask to use the website FAQ instead -> https://aptera.us/faq/ which they keep up to date.

• Laura Batchelor

December 3, 2021 at 8:28 am

Actually John is quite right in making the distinction between the words “order” and “reserve.” It really is helpful to be mentored so I’m able to sort out the HUGE amount of information coming at me. It’s so easy to overlook the details that matter a lot. Even though the forum people know what I’m talking about, I need to know for sure what I’M talking about or I may well wind up in trouble. Speaking from experience… lol

• Ron Ledohowski

December 3, 2021 at 8:54 am

It all has to do with intent of “both” parties to fulfill their commitments. The deposit is a show of intent especially if your deposit is tied to a chosen spec or configuration with options .

In this “particular” case, you can walk away & your deposit is fully refundable prior to production; if you weren’t/aren’t serious, change your mind or simply unable to fulfill your end (or they aren’t able for that matter too). If you continue, the deposit gets deducted from your invoice & order.

• Ron Ledohowski

December 3, 2021 at 7:49 am

A reservation is an order “yet to be fulfilled” ESPECIALLY if you *spec, option & deposit. Like I said, it becomes a case of semantics at some point for the sake of semantics; but we get what’s being said.

You could state that you pre-ordered (prior to availability with your initial deposit) if you want to, as well.

It all has to do with “intent to fulfill” & “to receive” with final confirmations, final payment; followed then by delivery.

It really wasn’t necessary to correct.

*in the case of picking a custom colour, they will also contact you prior to “fulfilling your order” including final payment to which your deposit is then deducted & applied accordingly.

• Ron Ledohowski

December 3, 2021 at 8:23 am

May I also refer you to this thread and various other related.

To pre-order something is to order it in advance of release; ie. reserve in advance. Pre-order a movie, video game, new phone or whatever “may” likely require a deposit to hold or bring in to the store.

If you choose not to fulfill your commitment, sometimes you then “may” lose your deposit as a penalty (or a restocking fee “may” apply). Why? Because you didn’t fulfill your intent whereas the vendor has fulfilled their promise. Your name was specifically attached to that order and for something “specific”.

Again, it becomes semantics whereas the difference comes back to intent, regardless what you call it.

*Call it a “preorder” (ie. not yet deliverable) or a “reservation” if that makes one feel better about it. ????

One year anniversary since first preorders opened.

*DRM – Doesn’t Really Matter!

• John Malcom

December 3, 2021 at 9:44 am

After all of the discussions above I think DRM is right.

Aptera is very good at keeping us informed once they have something worked out. At this point no reason to worry as both the final purchasing process and delivery queuing process will be released in time for all of us to be prepared with what will be required.

Aptera is extremely accommodating to potential customers. So refreshing compared to working with car companies/dealers/sales people/finance mangers in the past.

Laura, I think you will be very pleasantly surprised as you learn about Aptera Operations

• Ron Ledohowski

December 11, 2021 at 5:57 am

BTW, you can check on your “orders” with this link available on the site. It will take you to your configuration and preorder.

• Michael Jarvis

January 21, 2022 at 5:48 am

how does the referral system timing work? in other words, most referrals would likely get delivery of a vehicle after mine. Would I still be allowed the discount, or would I have a credit on a future car only? Can I opt to defer delivery of my vehicle until after all referrals are delivered?

• Len Nowak

January 21, 2022 at 6:14 am

info@aptera.us may be the best place for an answer direct from Aptera Motors

In my case… just get/buy my Aptera ASAP and save any referral points for next vehicle.If I hit the 26 referral milestone…donate the free base model to a non profit charity or sell that second one (unless another vehicle is needed at home at that time.)

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Len Nowak.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Gabriel Kemeny.
    • V Pilot

January 21, 2022 at 6:24 am

Kudos to you Leonard. I think the first one to suggest using the potential free aptera to benefit someone/something other than themselves. Truly a paradigm shift!

• Michael Jarvis

January 21, 2022 at 4:46 pm

with six kids, all now driving, I have plenty of ‘charity’ options too! 😉

• V Pilot

January 21, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Amen, brother, Amen!

• Elzo Stubbe

January 25, 2022 at 2:56 pm

All those people in 2023 giving away Aptera’s to charity…..hahaha

• Steve Lee

February 4, 2022 at 11:58 am

No answer as of yet

• Fanfare 100

February 28, 2022 at 2:03 pm

It might be awesome to know who is being counted amongst one’s referral points. This would help one be a good ambassador and cheerleader for those folks.

Also, I have two people who say they have signed up using my referral code, but my Dashboard only shows 1 referral point. If the dashboard were to say from whom each point was, it would much easier to follow up. Especially for those of us who plan to refer multiple people.

Just a though for continuous process improvement and to help keep people’s incentive going.

• Len Nowak

February 28, 2022 at 2:17 pm

I asked this directly to AMC sometime ago and they said they would look into it.

There was some sensitivity around sharing names/emails which they would have to consider.

I hope that helps.

• Fanfare 100

February 28, 2022 at 2:27 pm

Thanks Leonard! Makes sense and does help.

Even if I had their initials it would help as most likely I already have their emails and ways to reach them. As it stands right now I have no idea who of the two who signed up through me I’m being given credit for and from whom I’m not. It would aid in troubleshooting this if I even had their initials because, in this particular case I happen to know who they are.

Glad to know I’m not the only one that is interested.

• Raj Giandeep

February 28, 2022 at 6:30 pm

I’d like a little more info as well. Like you mentioned perhaps initials, city & state or just state.

• kerbe2705

February 28, 2022 at 6:36 pm

I’d also like a little more clarification about just how the program is going to play out…

• Riley …

March 1, 2022 at 6:18 am

Just pulling from memory but you will get $1,000 off your next aptera for each successful delivery. So if you purchase an aptera before any of your referrals take delivery you won’t get any discount.

• Raj Giandeep

March 1, 2022 at 7:23 am
        • Fanfare 100

March 2, 2022 at 10:05 pm

Namaste Raj. This can and may prove to be problematic because the vast majority, if not all, of the referrals you successfully make will be further on down the line / list of reservation-holders that you so they will very much most likely will not have been called up quite yet to make their full payments by the time you get to make your full payment. Therefore I hope it is not for nought. Shanti Aum.

• Raj Giandeep

March 3, 2022 at 4:42 am

Namaste 🙏

It’s a challenge for sure. Another way to look at it, is you could a couple year down the road. Sell your Aptera & replace your Aptera with a new one or upcoming 4 wheel option. Using your referral credits for a discount on your vehicle.

• kerbe2705

March 3, 2022 at 10:22 am

Unless, of course, Aptera offers some sort of financing – in which case you could finance the amount of your referral credits and, as the referral purchases are made, Aptera could deduct the credit from your balance.

• Fanfare 100

March 4, 2022 at 9:50 am

Great idea

• Riley …

March 1, 2022 at 6:15 am

They could just copy what tesla does and list first name and date reserved.

• Laura Batchelor

April 15, 2022 at 11:40 am

So – is the referral incentive program only for pre-production orders, or will it continue after the vehicles are being produced? I want to stick a QRC code on the back of mine and put up a little sign on the back when in in parking lots saying something like “YES, IT’S A SOLAR CAR! Scan this code for more info” for onlookers if I can earn credits toward a second Aptera down the line. If I can’t get referral credits, I will just answer questions but not get into advertising it. (I’m not naturally inclined to be a sales person.)

• Gabriel Kemeny

April 15, 2022 at 12:20 pm

The referral system will likely be in place for some time after production starts but will likely be phased out eventually.

• Randy J

April 17, 2022 at 5:15 am

Laura, that is something I’ve asked about on FB before. I’d place the QR code with the blurb inside one of my windows and hope for a rebate or even shares in the company stock.

• Gregory Annett

September 28, 2022 at 2:41 am

I have a question. If I refer someone who then goes on to become a referral partner and receives a discount off their vehicle (anything from a $1000 discount to a free car) by referring others, does that sale qualify as a referral for me, given that the person did not pay full price for their vehicle? It would seem that Aptera really needs to clarify this as they could be losing a lot of money if they are giving away $1000 credits on sales that may be losing money for the company.

• Gabriel Kemeny

September 28, 2022 at 4:20 am

Pretty sure referrals are not daisy chained – only the person who used your codes gets the discount (and you don’t get theirs). None of this will be fixed/known until deliveries start.

• Gregory Annett

September 28, 2022 at 12:55 pm

No, I’m sure you’re right that they are not daisy chained, but that’s not what I was saying. Obviously I get no credit for any referrals that my referee makes to other people, just that one referral credit. But if that person gets a referral link and refers one or more person who buys a vehicle, they are not paying full price for their vehicle. But because you can get a referral link before placing a pre-order, if you are successful in getting enough referrals to get a free car, you could theoretically hold off placing your pre-order until all your referees have purchased. Yes, you would take the risk that Aptera would cancel the referral program in the meantime, but once production is in full swing, the wait time for an Aptera will become a lot shorter, so probably worth the wait. I’m not so sure that I will want to wait long enough to get the vehicle entirely free, but as I am a person that normally would not buy a brand new car, I would like to be able to buy the Aptera at a price that I can afford, even at half price would be better than nothing. My last car cost me $5000 and is probably only worth $3000 now, so upgrading to a car that is going to cost me almost $40,000 in Australian dollars after the exchange rate conversion, even for the base model 250 mile Aptera, is a bit of a stretch for me.

• Riley …

September 28, 2022 at 6:12 am

As soon as the referral program no longer benefits aptera they will cancel it. All we can do is take what they have stated at face value and hope that they honor it.

Viewing 1 - 20 of 20 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now