Registration signs according to the law

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Registration signs according to the law

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Registration signs according to the law

• Registration signs according to the law

• GEORGY LUKYANCHUK

January 10, 2022 at 2:09 am

Everything is fine. BUT! How to attach a registration number to its front, without which it will not be released on the roads in any country? There are standards according to which the number should be read by cameras and located in the center of the front side, top or bottom. Consequently, the manufacturer will either have to modify the design with the registration number fasteners for each country, or the bumper body will have to be holed. And the number will hang. The incoming air flow under the hull will wave it like a flag with a high frequency, especially at speeds of 50 km per hour and above. This will loosen all fasteners and may even damage the case. Design by design, but it is necessary to take into account the realities of the laws.

• Llewellyn Evans

January 10, 2022 at 3:18 am

In Australia it is a motor tricycle that has the number plate on the back. No need for plates on the front in Australia because it uses the same rules as for motorcycles.

• GEORGY LUKYANCHUK

January 10, 2022 at 3:27 am

In Australia – no. But in a number of other countries, you may also need a sign on the front if traffic police recognize a car – criteria: weight and dimensions. Therefore, the manufacturer will have to prove that this is a motorcycle – the requirements for it are simpler, yes.

• Nathan Hubbard

January 10, 2022 at 5:42 am

Most manufacturers will sell you a piece of plastic that can be mounted to the front of a vehicle for holding a plate there. I’m sure if Aptera enters a market where that is needed, they will have something available.

• G Johns

January 10, 2022 at 6:12 am

No front plate required where I live.

• Lou Verner

January 11, 2022 at 3:13 pm

Both front and rear plates required in VA. Luckily, I’ll be moving to NC before my Aptera is ready and no front plate required there! I do see quite a few states where both plates visible so Aptera will have to be ready with front mounting option.

• Riley ________________________________

January 11, 2022 at 10:36 pm

Out of curiosity which country are you looking to register your aptera? If I had to put a license plate onto the front of my apera I would use a vinyl sticker plate that doesn’t require it to be bolted as to not affect aerodynamics. Also most places on earth use much smaller plates on motorcycles which will help. Can’t find a single example of a motorcycle plate on the front of any car so if you are required it will be a very unique.

• Joshua Rosen

January 12, 2022 at 6:26 am

Where are vinyl license plates legal, is that a California thing? I’ve never heard of one in MA and can’t find any reference to them except as novelty plates from Amazon. I’m pretty sure that autocycles will use motorcycle plates here which are much smaller than car plates. I don’t know if a front plate will be required on an autocycle, they are on cars except if you have a really old plate that was made before the law changed.

• Riley ________________________________

January 12, 2022 at 6:55 am

I never heard of them till I moved to Europe, there were no options for plates to fit my American car so the sticker was better than drilling holes.

• GEORGY LUKYANCHUK

January 12, 2022 at 8:23 am

In Russia, it is not yet known whether the product will go like a motorcycle or a car – it may depend on the weight and dimensions, and not on the number of wheels.

In the photo above you can see an example of a state number according to Russian GOST.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now