Replacing a cracked Aptera windshield

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Replacing a cracked Aptera windshield

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Replacing a cracked Aptera windshield

• Replacing a cracked Aptera windshield

Forest Linden updated 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Posts
  • Forest Linden

May 4, 2022 at 8:28 am

I live in Colorado and we have a large amount of stones on roads around here. Large rocks getting flung up by tires and hitting my windshield is a regular occurrence.

After just replacing my model 3 windshield (again), I’ve had two big rocks hit the new windshield within 2 weeks of having new glass. So far I just have new pits in the glass but not cracks yet.

Has anyone heard how Aptera will handle windshield replacement? Will they ship the glass to us and if we want to replace it ourselves, we’ll have to get the proper tools and watch some training videos on how to do it?

I’m looking forward to being able to repair my aptera myself 🙂

• Len Nowak

May 4, 2022 at 9:38 am

I have not heard any specifics on this.

They say they can overnight parts.

I am guessing it would be easy to overnight an OEM Aptera windshield to place like Safelite too?

In my fifty years of driving in differents states/ environments most of my windshield repairs were by filler holding up very well

Only two windshields replaced , to date, and if you have a model vehicle with technology on your windshield ( IMHO ) getting the OEM grade windshield can be best if technology recalibration is needed.

Given the aerodynamic design I 🤞 there will be more “ glances “ that hits? As they say …bugs don’t even accumulate on the windshield like a conventional windshield? The laminar flow tends to sweep over

• Lord Chad Dunham

May 4, 2022 at 1:37 pm

I would take the car to a window replacement shop. I’ve replaced a few windshields when I worked at a glass company. There is definitely some talent needed to do that. Even if you decide to do it yourself, you may end up spending just as much on the tools as the windshield.

I’ve learned there are just some jobs that are easier and better to let someone else do.

If you’re anticipating replacing the glass multiple times, you may eventually get good at doing it and it may be worthwhile.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now