Reply to email

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Reply to email

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Reply to email

• Reply to email

Philip Raymond updated 5 months ago 7 Members · 11 Posts
  • G Johns

January 31, 2022 at 7:50 am

I asked a question about two and a half months ago and just recently received a reply from aptera. I am a little upset——- that someone took the concentration and time away from completing beta production and testing to answer my frivolous email. Anything not aiming towards production is frivolous.

Where’s my aptera? Where’s anyone’s aptera? We all need Aptera’s. OK, done, got my aptera fix for today. Can’t wait for this waiting to end.

• Thomas Bushaw

January 31, 2022 at 8:01 am

🤣😂🤣 I’m sure they respond to e-mail while in the bathroom or eating and wouldn’t think of slowing the progress towards production!

• G Johns

January 31, 2022 at 8:22 am

Mr. Bushaw,

Glad you brought that to my attention, all I was having were depressing thoughts but you set me straight now. Happy again, thanks.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

January 31, 2022 at 10:26 am

Care to share what the question and answer were? (Less any personal info of course.)

• G Johns

January 31, 2022 at 12:39 pm

I bumped into the mayor in town and told him about Aptera and how it would be hand assembled (jobs). So I emailed aptera with the same info just in case all the stars aligned and they talked. Received a lengthy thank you from Aptera. (the email).

But my purpose was two fold, first to get our town some forgiveness for luring and presently building a 178 petrol pump Bucc-ee’s (famous for their beaver nuggets) next to the highway where there are allready 3 well established service/gas stations. Someone will be going out of business. And second because I would love to work at aptera but it’s to far away. So bring the work to me. I presume none of this will happen but at least I tried.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  G Johns.
  • Ray Holan

January 31, 2022 at 11:24 am

Yes, Aptera has a LONG way to go when it comes to response times to emails.

I have to admit I was a bit more patient in 2021 because I realized the company marketing and customer communication staff was small and probably overwhelmed. However, in 2022, despite additional marketing people being hired, the super slow response time continues. There may be a good reason for this. Nevertheless, I’m hoping for improvements. Yes, getting the vehicle produced is the priority. No argument there. But decent responsiveness — email response within a week of receipt — is part of a successful brand identity as well.

• Lou Verner

January 31, 2022 at 11:47 am

“Patience grasshopper” is what I could have responded, but won’t. Rather it occurs to me that responding to what is probably an immense number reservation holder questions is likely beyond whatever marketing and customer communications staff can handle – with many likely being repeats ad infinitum. That said, those personnel are certainly not directly involved with building/testing our Apterae, so I think the two issues are independent from one another. Given supply chain delays are affecting all legacy vehicles, and virtually all manufactured goods, we really can’t expect Aptera to be exceptional in this regard. So, yes, patience grasshoppers!

• Ray Holan

January 31, 2022 at 2:41 pm

Ah, Master Po (aka Lou)! All I need to do now is walk across the rice paper without leaving footprints! LOL.

My point is that customer service can be the difference between an average company and a great company. Think early Nordstrom and early Lexus. I know Aptera wants to stand out and let’s face it, it’s a small company in an ever-growing EV pond. Thus, my fervent hope is that good customer service (yes, I know there’s no Apterae on the street yet) will help them stand out. It won’t overcome an inferior product — that’s why I’m happy they are not rushing to market with the Aptera — but it is a success factor.

• Elzo Stubbe

February 3, 2022 at 2:41 pm

If a start up company experiences this while doing their utmost possible, it would be informative and helpfull to explain why………..Maybe in this forum???

A lot more understanding and patience can be achieved this way…

• Ray Holan

February 3, 2022 at 6:13 pm

Agreed.

• Philip Raymond

February 3, 2022 at 11:45 pm

G Johns, be proud of your work. Bucee’s have the best and largest bathrooms in Texas! It makes up for the abysmal lack of state rest areas throughout Texas, sort of.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now