Reservations breakdown

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Reservations breakdown

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Reservations breakdown

• Reservations breakdown

• Lloyd Lewis

July 18, 2022 at 8:00 am

We know that 40% of all reservations are for the 400 mile version. Can you give us a breakdown of the other three models (rough percentages)? What percent asked for Full Solar? AWD?

• Bart Cunningham

July 19, 2022 at 3:13 am

I for one only have the 400 mile AWD version reserved hoping I will get it sooner. I would prefer the 600 mile version and it is looking like it may not make much of a difference in delivery at this point so I may end up changing it back to a 600 mile AWD version.

• Bryan Bowes

July 20, 2022 at 7:55 am

I’m thinking of doing the same, you’ll lose 10-15% with that third motor and the wait time probably won’t be that much difference but having an extra 200 miles is important to me for winter driving.

• Russell Fauver

July 19, 2022 at 8:27 am

It would be interesting to see the numbers. I reserved a 600 mile version with front wheel drive. And while I want full solar I’m on the fence about doing the hatch. Maybe I’ll get full solar and order a clear hatch along with it. I can swap them out at my leisure. Two hinge pins, two lift struts and a plug, should be a fairly easy job.

• Lloyd Lewis

July 20, 2022 at 5:00 pm

I don’t know why you need the 2 struts. Even without the window, it’s still a hatch.

• kerbe2705

July 21, 2022 at 11:35 am

@Russell Fauver This question was asked during one of the webinars and the response was that Aptera’s optional solar panels (hood/bonnet and hatch) would not be swappable. In other words the solar options you order with the vehicle are with it for life: You can’t swap the panels out for non-solar version, nor can you add solar versions to replace non-solar panels after delivery.

• Norman Roberts

July 21, 2022 at 5:43 pm

This may not be the case. A source told me that the Solar & glass hatch would be different parts. Seams as though you could purchase either and swap ??

• Curtis Cibinel

July 19, 2022 at 11:14 am

299 votes on the Aptera Owners and Enthusiasts facebook group yielded this data. Obviously Aptera has the real data but this should be a moderately accurate sample. This was produced before they reiterated in the webinar that 400 mile would be a way to get your vehicle sooner (they had already said this in ambassador calls released by Aptera owners club but it was likely less well known)

Note: I think a lot of people that want the 1000 mile version would choose LFP if they could. 600 mile and no meaningful battery degradation with a lighter pack would almost certainly be desirable; LFP cells this good didnt exist when Aptera rebooted in 2019. With less weight and volume than the 1000 mile versions cells a 600 mile version could be made using EVE LF280K cells (same vendor they have an agreement with) which are readily available and cheaper. Here is my data analysis – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tuu7avKH2dS_JPk7aiP2av09a1f1WE0OvvNH6fdHpiQ/edit#gid=1082711820

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Curtis Cibinel. Reason: added missing image and LFP analysis data
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Curtis Cibinel. Reason: added note about data timing
  • Mike Bond

July 21, 2022 at 11:10 am

I ordered a 400 mile version, not for distance, because I have a lead foot on the accelerator pedal and if this thing really goes 0-60 3.5 seconds, I will be on that very often, so the 400 mile range would not last very long. I kept the default solar panels (16 miles a day) because I will park this in the garage and plug it in to charge pretty much everyday. The solar panel charging is a bonus. AWD because I live in a 4 seasons zone and the Off-Road Kit because my driveway is very steep, I hope this thing has enough ground clearance for it. Fingers Crossed.

• Curtis Cibinel

July 21, 2022 at 5:58 pm

Assuming they are using the EVE INR21700/50E cell (very likely) they would need to either discharge above the 3C rating or would be slightly power limited for the 400 mile (with the 2496 cells as they confirmed) that is 136.6 kw. With AWD the motors can draw 150kw rated peak. I suspect the 400 would be the fastest version since the 250 mile version would be substantially power limited unless it uses different cells (power optimized) to be as quick with AWD.

• kerbe2705

July 21, 2022 at 11:31 am

@Lloyd Lewis – a very good question! Why not ask Aptera directly at info@aptera.us

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now