Rick Rebuilds visits Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Rick Rebuilds visits Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Rick Rebuilds visits Aptera

• Rick Rebuilds visits Aptera

• Joshua Rosen

April 17, 2022 at 3:36 pm

• This discussion was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Joshua Rosen.
  • Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

April 17, 2022 at 3:47 pm

Good Job Josh. I came here to post this just after you did. 1.31 million subscribers, 15,000 views in the first 45 minutes.

Overwhelmingly positive comments so far. I foresee a big increase in the pace of reservations.

Newish info:

Door access looks to be a button near the mirror/camera stalk.

QR codes planned around the vehicle to access repair/etc. videos for the relevant items.

An Aptera burn out at 28:40. (Woo Hoo!)

18,000 plus reservations.

• John Malcom

April 17, 2022 at 7:15 pm

Good to see the extra tidbits of information we get as these videos come out now that we are in the testing phase of development. The button to open door from the outside is a surprise. Not sure it isn’t an artifact of this stage or will be feature of production

• kerbe2705

April 17, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Chris has mentioned the external door button before – although it may have been in an Ambassador-only webinar…

• Thomas Bushaw

April 17, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Yes, I really liked this video. Really fun to watch. And they got Chris Anthony to blush!

One other newish (to me anyway) piece of information: Because of the air flow, bugs rarely stick to the windshield. How cool is that!

Everyone reading this: I encourage you to go over to YouTube and read some of the comments for this video (>800 at current count) that Oz mentioned. Lots of good things people are saying. Some obvious love-at-first-sight reactions. Some serious gobbsmack here and there. Makes me feel even better about my own enthusiasm! 😁

• BRUCE MENGLER

April 18, 2022 at 11:57 am

I want to point out that Aptera has averaged just over 1000 reservations per MONTH since it was made available in December 2020. They plan on peak factory production of 10,000 Aptera per YEAR; which “only” 833 Aptera/month. The single factory will NOT be able to keep up with demand; which is a very good problem for any business to have.

• Paul Kirchner

April 18, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Reservations and actual vehicle purchase are two different things.

• Bob Kirchner

April 17, 2022 at 6:42 pm

I count two more BETAs in the background, and I’m still wondering about those two mystery vehicles under wraps out in the lot.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

April 17, 2022 at 7:39 pm

Nice call on the Betas, I’d wager the two wrapped are personal vehicles, especially as they don’t seem to be Aptera shaped at all.

• Bob Kirchner

April 17, 2022 at 8:02 pm

I’m hoping that they’re mockups of future Aptera vehicles, but there’s no rational reason to think so.

• Timothy Morrow

April 17, 2022 at 7:14 pm

Long time follower of Rich Rebuilds, a +1 reservation from me having just watched the video, and being a Carlsbad resident (didn’t realize Aptera was in my backyard) a small investment, rooting for the success of this company.

• John Young

April 17, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Welcome to the…club? Community? Movement? Whatever. Aptera is fucking cool. Are you saying just today you found out about Aptera, made a reservation, invested and joined the forums?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  John Young.
      • Ray Holan

April 18, 2022 at 3:04 pm

John, appreciate your enthusiasm, but community guidelines ask us to keep the vocabulary family-friendly. Thanks.

• Timothy Morrow

April 19, 2022 at 2:03 pm

Yes that’s right!

• kerbe2705

April 17, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Use someone’s referral code and save 30% off the price of your reservation!

• Hunter Maclennan

April 18, 2022 at 12:24 am

Rich’s video had a referral link

• Philip Raymond

April 17, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Just an update on the amount of views, after 5 hours it’s now over 81,000 views and growing of course. Bringing attention to the obvious, this should bring in some new reservation holders and/or investors.

• Thomas Bushaw

April 18, 2022 at 12:51 pm

It would be interesting to know how many new reservations they’ve got since the Rich Rebuilds video appeared yesterday. 😊

• Courtney Schappert

April 17, 2022 at 11:16 pm

+1 reservation

+1 investor

long time Rich Rebuilds fan, he definitely needs to include a referral code if he does another video!

• Llewellyn Evans

April 18, 2022 at 2:19 am

I enjoyed the video.

It looks like the turning radius is quite large at the moment. (Please correct me if I am wrong about this)

Is the hand brake on the front wheels or the back?

If it was on the back then I would get a front drive wheel version so that I could do hand brake turns.

….. Or would the stability control kick in and keep it straight??

• Markus Schmid

April 18, 2022 at 6:24 am

Traction control should take care of this, otherwise the vehicle would be inherently dangerous as there are other reasons why the rear wheel can lose traction, such as rumble strips, snow, sand, mud or water (heavy rain) on the road.

• Thomas Bushaw

April 18, 2022 at 9:40 am

Autorevolution.com has posted an article recapping the Rich Rebuilds video.

• Jonah Jorgenson

April 18, 2022 at 3:36 pm

some of the facts are off, but at least no negative press

• Randy J

April 19, 2022 at 8:25 am

That’s one of the best to date. Just now read and commented on a few of the comments. (Today’s update 321,837 views). Feeling a lot more optimistic about my investment.

• Thomas Bushaw

April 19, 2022 at 12:26 pm

Okay, just for a little fun and if you need a little boost for your enthusiasm for the Aptera (not that that’s a likely issue here in this forum), here’s a selection of the comments from the Rich Rebuilds video on YouTube (in raw form with no mention of the authors). This is just the tip of the iceberg — as of 12:20 PM PDT on 4/19/22, there have been 333,114 views and 2,982 comments since it premiered two days ago.

Okay… here goes…

Oh cool, so they are making it in the States?? I had no idea. 😎😎😎

Each part has a QR code with a video to show you how to repair it? This guy’s setting an extremely high precedent for right to repair in the future. I love everything about Aptera!

Here I was, thinking that I would want to build an electric kit car with barely any range and be enough just to transport me, but it seems like they did all the work for me, and actually made it fast to boot! If these end up getting in to real production at the price listed, sign me up.

Just the most transparent vehicle start up ever. Really appreciate these guys and I’m excited to get my hands on one.

Out of literally every electrical vehicle I’ve seen or heard about, this is by far the most impressive thing I’ve seen in the EV world. I love old gas muscle cars and old diesel semi-trucks, and I’m heavily skeptical with anything EV companies claim for their vehicles, but this genuinely seems like a pretty darn good option for personal transportation. I’d be interested in seeing what they would come up with for like a four seater vehicle in this style, and I’d be really interested in seeing what they could come up with for a cargo vehicle.

On the paper sounds really good, we’ll wait and see when production actually starts, you can’t deny it’s one hell of a vehicle

Between the repair policy, the price point, the power-to-weight, and the efficiency, I hope these guys have all the success a company can have. This thing is wicked cool.

I want it, I need it. This is actually what electric cars are supposed to be in my mind.

Gotta love EVERYTHING about this company & car…ethics, morals, engineering standards through the roof and a genuinely nice guy as well 🥳 The quality and price is just amazing!…I honestly wasnt sold on first sight, but after watching that demonstration and listening to the design & build process…WOW!! Wish Apterea all the best for the future…this a company that DESERVES to be supported and driven towards success, that car is just incredible!…relatively free transportation cost for under 20k and with FULL tech/Mech support and future proofing built in. Kia Kaha Apterea team…so good to see a company actively supporting the right to repair on a modern electric car – again, very impressed by the morals & ethics shown by Apterea – Kia Kaha!!

I’m already sold. Great feature, Rich! That’s a cool car, hats off to them.

been looking at a lot of EV’s to make my 20 mile/day commute in. This thing is it. You have my deposit. Looking forward to one day owning one of these things!!

This guy is so cool and forthcoming plus his position on ‘Right to Repair’, I’ll buy 1 of these just to help his company

I would love to own an Aptera, someone throw a billion at them already so they can mass produce faster. Comparatively this car seems much easier to produce than all the other EV’s out there, the smaller monocoque composite design, the high efficiency requiring fewer batteries and electronics for each car making them greener and cheaper, no overly complicated systems or production details. This is a car for the masses, a car that will ACTUALLY bring about EV tech in a sustainable way without wasting resources.

This car has a lot of technology for the price of an econobox. Impressive.

$18k after rebate, 0-60mph 3.5sec, 110mph top speed, Right-to-Repair supported… Damn, this could literally disrupt the concept of a commuter car!

$18k after rebate, 0-60mph 3.5sec, 110mph top speed, Right-to-Repair supported… Damn, this could literally disrupt the concept of a commuter car!

There’s no way I could afford an electric vehicle, but this is actually within reach. Super cool

Of all the EVs this one sits head and shoulders above…. just can’t wait for full production

I thought for sure that they were going to use the motorcycle classification to avoid safety features. I’m glad they didn’t. Looks like a sweet commuter car and the price is awesome.

I love this guy, this company, and this product. Amazing

First and only EV I’ve ever felt actually interested in buying, everything about it is attractive. Super good work to Aptera. 25k is a great price. Wish it had at least one more seat, but love it.

This vehicle just wouldn’t stop making sense. That’s incredible.

This is literally the future, but now. $25k too!! Absolutely amazing. 40 mile range a day from sitting in the sun! Looks and sounds like it’s just come from 2080. Absolutely awesome work guys 👏👏

This video alone was brilliant marketing.. I had no idea this vehicle existed, but now I’m glad I do!

It is like this car was designed for me personally. Maybe it’s too good to be true. We’ll see. I hope it works and there aren’t major issues.

finaly i see something doing what it actually make sense in electric vehicles! hope they do well in the future

Now this really does seem to be EV for the masses! $20k for a new electric car with that performance is insane.

This was another incredible video @Rich Rebuilds After watching this and having my jaw dropped, I got up off the couch and Reserved one!

Great company. Great little car. Hopefully it delivers as promised. Either way its a winner with this companies mindset.

Woah, a company doing things the way they should be done? Nice.

This is the first electric car I’ve seen that I am actually interested in

Damn. I think I’m going to buy one. As a person who always travels around the city by myself in sunny Arizona. It’s the perfect car.

I hope they sell like hotcakes! I love my EV but I’d sell it in a New York second to get one of these.

that is one of the coolest electric cars I have ever seen, can’t wait to get one.

This car is really cool. The high availability of parts and the fact that is it easily upgradeable makes it ideal for every country.

I’m really impressed with this guy and his company. It’s a fantastic product!!!!

Got excited, I’m pre-ordering one now. As soon as he said “supporting the right-to-repair” movement, I’ve pre-ordered one. Thanks for this video Rich!

Thank you for the explanation of aerodynamics – I was questioning why our autos do not incorporate it better. Maddening really – why on earth aren’t our cars more aerodynamic!

I’ve had my eye on the Aptera for a few years now. As an Australian, they make a right hand drive of this thing, it’s gonna be fucking brilliant.

IF it lives up to the hype at that price, I want one.

When someone calls air a fluid…you know they’re legit 🤘

I’m a Aptera fan now. They seem to be focused on the owner as much as the company.

Unbelievable – this is the most amazing things I’ve seen in a long time

DANG this is the coolest electric vehicle that i have seen if they can deliver this to market. I LOVE it.

There’s no way I could afford an electric vehicle, but this is actually within reach. Super cool

This is the most attractive EV I have ever seen, this could be the future of affordable EV motoring. 3.5 sec 0-60, sounds so much fun as well.

These guys are literally at the top of the EV game…to me they have no competition when it comes to being actually green/ environmentally friendly. Mad Respect for Aptera…all the other EV’s are a joke (lie) in comparison when it comes to being actually green.

that is one of the coolest electric cars I have ever seen, can’t wait to get one.

Just placed a reservation!! Thanks Rich and Steve for a great interview and insight.

amazing … I wasn’t convinced by an electric car (not even a Tesla) until I saw the Aptera … brilliant design, technology, assembly, all that in a safe, practical car with enough cargo space at a reasonable pricing …

I believe this type of vehicle and customer support is the future of transportation vehicles! Love it.

For 18k, I will be buying one for sure. This guy is awesome, building his company on with good principles in mind

This thing is AMAZING! I think we may look back from the future and say this guy is the Henry Ford of EVs

This will absolutely be a future classic for sure. In my opinion the Aptera is the most intelligently designed new car right now.

I would buy one tomorrow at that price. Perfect for 95% of my journeys

1,000 mile range, unique design, super eco friendly, almost zero daily transport cost (assuming your commute isn’t too bad), AND pro third party repairs? almost sounds too good to be true

This is probably the coolest thing I’ve seen in my life!!!!!!!!

I NEED ONE!!!!!!

This is my idea of an electric car. Efficient, repairable and upgradable. It’s a shame that certain other manufacturers don’t consider the environmental impact of obsolescence like these guys do. I really hope this becomes a commercial success.

This is an amazing company and car, where was the investment sign up sheet

I already love this guy.

I love everything about this!!! In a world of SUV’s this is such a breath of fresh air! I hope to see thousands on the roads in a few years!

Price point is great, the warranty, QR code and video on how the fix it is very unique and I believe the 1st of it’s kind. What a great idea count me in as a customer

Ok… when he said 0-60 in 3.5 my brain melted. I was really expecting it to take twice as much time to 60 and be at least twice the price. So much transparency with this guy, he’s even pro-right-to-repair. Really incredible if they can keep their word on all this stuff.

We all need to buy one of these..

Wow, love it, will buy one. Thank you for the video

Great! Love it. I want one

I want one too!!! Loved this video. Flood the market with Aptera’s. Hey Rich, see if you can convert one to fly?

They really thought about everything. been a while I was excited for an EV but i’m definitely excited for this one!

Thank you Rich for show casing this company. Right to repair, no rush build, quality build, forward thinking, consumer friendly, etc etc. I’ll probably put in a deposit for this

These guys took note of all Tesla errors and made it their mission to fix them… talk about dedication.

Ok, I have had absolutely no interest in EV’s. This has now changed! This thing is absolutely insane! Who wants to loan me 30k? I’ll be co-owner on the title. 50/50 custody! For real though, I’m taking donations! lol. The tech drew me in, that QR code sexiness has me hooked!

That is BRILLIANT, QR codes on the parts… I’m sold…. Here is my money

This is amazing 👏 and I don’t even like electric vehicles

This is exactly what an EV should be – highly energy efficient as opposed to the bloated SUV monstrosities everyone else is putting out.

This man really called out my truck’s mirrors

The trickle solar alone is amazing. It means you always have a reserve, let’s say a gallon or two, to get to help if you need it. Running out is just a “problem”, not a problem. Amazing.

Can’t I just add this to my Amazon shopping cart with prime and have it overnight delivered?

Man this guy and his company…with whats promised and the cost – – – WOW! Its like I am FINALLY seeing the cars from the “future” movies like BTTFII, Blade Runner, Demolition Man and so on – its like we are seeing that style finally taking shape! GOOD LUCK!

I will love to get one of those!!!! No more gas 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 please hurry up and hit the market!!!!

Man I’d love to own one.

Wow. What an amazing vehicle

This is amazing, big ups to this company for creating something that just makes sense in every way possible for a sustainable future. I love it!!!

Aptera sounds better and better the more I have heard about it from various EV Youtubers.

SOLD

Chris gives so many pertinent details! This is awesome, I can’t wait to see/get a production model.

coolest car I have seen in a long time.

Holy s**t. Sandy Munro is an investor. There is only four panels and they are all composite. More aerodynamic than anything by far. 3.5 0-60. Under 2500 Ibs, the most efficient vehicle. Solar panels that deliver 40 miles of range a day. I keep watching and it keeps getting better. I’m gonna nut.

These guys hit all your wish list items admit it. They are the best… after you guys of course

This is the true future of mobility. Extremely efficient and light.

I just cancelled my Cybertruck. Waiting for Aptera Euro version. Sign me in.

Omg he just say the magic word, right to repair. I am putting in my order for one.

This car is really cool. The high availability of parts and the fact that is it easily upgradeable makes it ideal for every country.

Priced under 30k and then add the EV rebate — They’re going to conquer the world and the cars will be EVERYWHERE . I want one right now.. Paid in full cash TODAY..

• Bob Kirchner

April 19, 2022 at 2:52 pm

Rich Benoit has a huge following. His overwhelmingly positive comments in the video are mirrored by overwhelmingly positive comments in the comments section. This video is a massive publicity coup for Aptera.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now