- 14 Replies
- MemberAugust 24, 2021 at 9:53 pm
Being left handed (In the right as in correct mind) I believe you have this backwards ????
- MemberAugust 25, 2021 at 4:36 am
Do we know when the right hand drive will start coming off the production line?
- ModeratorAugust 25, 2021 at 11:00 am
I would not count on it till at least a year after production starts.
- MemberAugust 25, 2021 at 6:12 pm
I’d gladly take an aptera with wrong sided driving. It would give me flashbacks of 18 months in Japan. Over there I did stupid stuff in my Subaru Legacy………like going 160kph on their highways.
- MemberAugust 25, 2021 at 9:32 pm
Not sure the market will justify a right had drive Aptera for some time even in Europe where the majority of driving is on the right side of the road. Certainly none of the prototypes being advanced to production are right hand drive
- MemberJune 20, 2022 at 8:11 pm
Is there any word that the international roll out will include RHD?
- ModeratorJune 20, 2022 at 8:41 pm
Yep. RHD option has been confirmed. Probably 2024 at the earliest though.
- MemberFebruary 22, 2023 at 3:26 pm
Is the Australian version a right-hand drive?
- ModeratorFebruary 22, 2023 at 5:29 pm
Doesn’t it need to be by law? Of course, that “2024” I wrote in early 2022 is “2025” now.
- MemberFebruary 24, 2023 at 1:12 am
If I remember correctly, the Australian market also requires the vehicle to be narrowed by 0.2M, just like the EU+UK market (EU market needs a footprint of 2Mx4M or less for 3 wheeled vehicles under the L5e-A regulations, IIRC Oz has the same 2M width restriction, but as far as I know doesn’t restrict the length).
A year or two after production of the Launch Edition seems reasonable.
- MemberFebruary 24, 2023 at 1:33 am
I’m new to this and that’s very helpful
- MemberFebruary 24, 2023 at 11:22 am
Changing the width/length and drive side while minimizing overall part changes will be significant reengineering. This is akin to the difference between the tesla model 3 and y. Seats, dash, batteries, powertrain, electronics, wheel pants, rear suspension and misc hardware could be potentially be shared but it is still a significantly different vehicle.
- MemberFebruary 24, 2023 at 1:51 pm
> “Seats, dash, batteries, powertrain, electronics, wheel pants, rear suspension and misc hardware”
The parts I see as most likely requiring a change are the body, front suspension, dash, and centre console. I’m not sure about the rear suspension, maybe the hatch can be truncated without changing that?
- This reply was modified 7 months ago by Michael Marsden.