Seats

• Seats

kerbe2705 updated 5 hours, 51 minutes ago 15 Members · 22 Posts
  • Bruce Jankowitz

August 14, 2021 at 1:33 pm

As an investor and pre-order holder I’m anxiously awaiting production.

One of the key updates I’d like to know about is about the seating. Last I heard about this Aptera was looking to select a tier1 supplier for the seats, but I haven’t heard any news on this. The current pictures have the same units. Is there an update on this that I missed?

• Len Nowak Nowak

August 14, 2021 at 2:30 pm

None that I heard Bruce, but Sarah’s latest video talks about upcoming updates. ???? on content including seats

• John Malcom

August 15, 2021 at 4:03 pm

So much impatience! Let’s give the excellent engineers and managers a chance to perform against their internal schedule. They have been very open and consistent about updating Aptera enthusiasts. As pointed out by Sara via Len, updates on main engineering areas are forthcoming. I believe they will let us know as they finalize key features for Beta. Let’s trust them to do that.

And as stated, we have plenty of time to amend our reservations before we commit to delivery

• Bojan Majdandzic

August 15, 2021 at 3:27 am

The front view and side view of pictures coast and codex are not matching. I still don’t know what coast and codex actually look like.

• Raj Giandeep

August 15, 2021 at 4:58 am

I made a quick video about the interior early this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caIoqM-vOqk

Here are the direct link to the interior images.
      Coast: 1, 2
      Codex: 1, 2
      Vida: 1, 2

• Len Nowak Nowak

August 15, 2021 at 5:29 am

The interior in the Sol was called Coast by Steve in his recent video? ( with blue stitching )

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSLCml5gn12/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

We have seen Vida in Noir

So unless Luna has Codex we have not seen it in a dev vehicle yet just the many renderings…

Vida, my choice is easy to appreciate…rendering to reality.. the others no so much. Hopefully upcoming dev vehicle reveals will clarify

This was my old “rendering references” I marked up, as the pre order colors were hard to appreciate for my old eyes

• M T

April 13, 2022 at 9:33 am

Every time I see this CODEX interior, I imagine how fast those white seat inserts would become “beige” in my car. Definitely a hard pass for me.

• V Pilot

April 13, 2022 at 2:34 pm

I LOVE the fabric colors and especially the textures of the Vida interior. The orange accents, not so much.

• Kimberly Wilson

April 11, 2022 at 8:00 pm

Also an investor and future owner, I am wondering if we can expect a seat height adjustment for us short people, at least for the driver?

• kerbe2705

April 11, 2022 at 10:23 pm

I’ve often wondered if the seats will have any adjustability at all, other than the rake of the seatback: There doesn’t appear to be much room under the seats. Perhaps the pedals will have fore and aft adjustability?

• Steven G. Bueche

April 13, 2022 at 2:33 am

I hear ya. I’m 5’7″ and the seat adjustment is critical for me as well. Maybe they’ll use some standard seat base or an off the shelf seat with those built in. It seems, according to latest videos, parts will be brought to HQ for final assembly so someones seat may just get the covering added before shipping to HQ. In which case adjustments are a given.

Now, will they avoid any blockage of the center bar? lol

• Raj Giandeep

April 13, 2022 at 9:42 am

This is from the Luna. Looks like the usual manual seat adjustments.

• John Malcom

April 13, 2022 at 12:21 pm

Manual seat adjustment to save weight and expense. I think mentioned before but can’t find the reference.

• Kimberly Wilson

April 13, 2022 at 5:28 pm

Absolutely manual. Wouldn’t have it any other way. But I am sure that Aptera engineers have seen the manual seat height adjustment on the Chevy Bolt, for example.

• Greg Vickery

April 14, 2022 at 7:34 am

My 2001 Saturn SL2 even has manual seat adjustment up and down. Should be no reason not to offer it on the Aptera!

• M S

April 13, 2022 at 8:44 am

I would like to have a 5 seater, otherwise I would have already pre-register for this car right now. How long and or will we see if a 5 seater will be made?

• John Malcom

April 13, 2022 at 12:25 pm

Possibly latter part of 2024 or 2025. Focus will now switch to developing a version of the current iteration (Two seat) for Europe. Four wheel sedan type after that.

• Gabriel Kemeny

April 14, 2022 at 5:58 am

I would assume given the investor presentations and limitations of what can be done to/with the Roadster, the design focus will go straight to a four wheel vehicle in early 2023.

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

April 13, 2022 at 10:08 am

aftermarket lumbar support and device to tighten the driver to the car by holding them by their sides, can be advertised as options to add to purchase, aptera could get part of the profis for advertising such material. sample to make sure they are good. see ted heys bolster booster on bolster boost . commm

• Patrick Keenan

June 24, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Seat tilt: The latest view has about a 20-30 degree seat tilt front to back, which causes me hip discomfort. I need the bottom of the seat to be adjustable; as close to horizontal as possible.

• Steven G. Bueche

June 25, 2022 at 6:49 am

Agreed. Short people (5’7″) have a problem with this (even in my M3) where longer trips cut of the blood circulation to my foot if this can’t be adjusted.

I also agree that a manual seat adjuster is best for cost and weight. Once you set your position it hardly ever gets changed again so why spend the money for electric adjusters?

Any concerns about the side plastic bolsters creating a sore spot, breaking or pinching the side of the seat material? Older cars I’ve had seem to have this issue over time.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 19 hours ago by  Steven G. Bueche. Reason: Additional question added
  • kerbe2705

July 1, 2022 at 10:09 pm

This video shares a great deal of information about automotive seats. Munro & Associates’ tear-down of the Rivian driver’s seat. I found it to be very informative. https://youtu.be/0hyvqWqN8Yo

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now