Series A Venture Capital Investment in Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Series A Venture Capital Investment in Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Series A Venture Capital Investment in Aptera

• Series A Venture Capital Investment in Aptera

Jonah Jorgenson updated 4 weeks ago 13 Members · 16 Posts
  • John Malcom

January 16, 2022 at 8:12 pm

Viedo on Aptera Owners site discussing the venture capital firm which has provided Series A Funding for Aptera. Hope Aptera enlightens us on this investment and the amount of influence their representative will have in the Aptera Board positions he now holds.

I had personally hope that Aptera Enthusiasts Funding would have provided all of the capital needed to get to production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8NKhgxMapg&t=336s

• Wilson Tsai

January 16, 2022 at 8:59 pm

They are keeping their fundraise open, although at $9.20 / share now.

I am willing to bet Steve and Anthony are still in firm control in terms of voting power.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Wilson Tsai.
    • Joshua Cheng

February 25, 2022 at 4:25 pm

Good to know since I probably won’t have 110 shares worth of funds ready until sometime between September and November. đź‘Ť

• Bruce Jankowitz

January 17, 2022 at 8:51 am

Not sure which update/when sometime after the investor funding round(class A I believe) I remember Chris stating he had sufficient funding the begin production a while ago. This concerns me for many reasons. I hope they (Aptera) are getting good advice/direction from their production partners.

• Henry Kitt

January 17, 2022 at 3:51 pm

Aptera has plenty of money to make it into production, but it does not have enough money to boost production numbers to the levels that Rivian is looking to have, and they don’t have enough to fully establish their 4 wheel vehicles or to spend capital on marketing at the level of Lucid.

With all of the preorders Aptera is realizing that setting a goal of 10k units a year is a joke, and that they need to get to 100k vehicles asap. Aptera making it to production at all, however, is not a concern whatsoever for me. It’s only that their production guidance will have an effect on their market value. The higher their market cap and funding raised the faster they can expand.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Henry Kitt.
    • Eric Miller

January 18, 2022 at 3:29 am

I’d stick with 10,000 cars annually as a reasonable (and impressive) goal. Assuming they’re working two shifts, 365 days per year, that’s almost two cars per hour. Production of 100,000 cars per year would mean they’re completing more than 17 cars per hour (one every 3 minutes 30 seconds). As far as I know these will be mostly hand-assembled cars. I’m just saying this because I’d hate to see people disappointed with a more realistic production goal. Hell, I’ll be tickled if they manage annualized production of 5,000 in the first few years. And this doesn’t even speak to whether there’s demand for 100,000 Apteras per year–let’s face it this is unlikely to be a mainstream vehicle.

• Steven G. Bueche

January 18, 2022 at 2:55 am

What was the previous stock price, wasn’t it $8 something? I’d like to see the Investment page list the shares amount as well as the invested amount. And yes Henry it does seem that production is running a bit slow but I suspect that when the testing phase of the cars is complete things will pick up rather quickly.

• EVservices .us

January 18, 2022 at 5:49 am

You’ll see that kind of detail when the annual report is filed with the SEC – I assume sometime next month.

• Henry Kitt

January 18, 2022 at 4:00 am

Previous price was $8.80/share.

Aptera will run multiple micro factories. Producing 10k vehicles from each one isn’t horrible, but they need capital to set up 10+ micro factories around the world.

The demand will be there because it’s the ONLY EV that counters all of the downsides of owning an EV and is way faster than most sports cars. But I’m also referring to the upcoming 4 wheel vehicles.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Henry Kitt.
    • Lou Verner

January 18, 2022 at 5:00 am

Henry, I too see Aptera setting up multiples of their micro factories here and around the world…but think that’s 3-5 years down the road. Before that happens, it’ll be important for management to fulfill 10-20K orders at their CA site which will probably not ramp up to full potential until sometime 3-4Q of 2023. The success/acceptance of those first vehicles will likely dictate the speed at which they can expand and determine likely location of future factories. My opinion is that funding to fuel such expansion to 10+ micro factories shouldn’t be their immediate (2022-2023) concern, but rather put additional investments into current model improvements and perhaps begin R&D of future models.

• Joshua Rosen

January 18, 2022 at 6:43 am

Glad they are raising some more money. They need to be able to ramp up production fairly quickly or they will lose their window. There is going to be a flood of EVs in the next few years which will make it much harder to get noticed.

• Cliff Bushin

January 19, 2022 at 4:10 pm

I would like to invest $1,000 when this month is over and I get my next paycheck. Will the offer still be open then? Or is it close to all the shares being sold now? Will it still be $9.20 per share?

• John Malcom

January 19, 2022 at 6:20 pm

Open now and the foreseeable future at $9.20/share. So minimum investment at slightly over $1,000. (109 shares @ 9.20/share = $1002.80) get it before it goes up again

• Carl Knapp Knapp

January 20, 2022 at 8:10 pm

From past experience, the more VCs involved means higher price per share when it goes out as an IPO. I have no problems paying AMT when making money.

• EVservices .us

June 8, 2022 at 12:28 pm
    • Jonah Jorgenson

June 8, 2022 at 1:09 pm

A sure sign that Aptera is actively moving toward an IPO. Securing a partnership with an investment bank to underwrite the IPO and make that partnership known means there is a plan and at worst, a mid range target for the IPO assuming financial circumstances do not deteriorate too much (Recession with inflation – stagflation)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now