Simultaneous Charging

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Simultaneous Charging

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Simultaneous Charging

• Simultaneous Charging

kerbe2705 updated 4 days, 18 hours ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Lane Costilow

August 2, 2022 at 10:08 pm

I can’t find this in the FAQ or the discussions. I don’t plan to install a charger at my home. If I find myself driving my Aptera more than the solar energy it’s absorbing can charge it, can I let it continue sun-charging and simultaneously plug it into a house 110V socket or 240V dryer socket?

• This discussion was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by  Norman Roberts.
  • kerbe2705

August 2, 2022 at 10:51 pm

@Lane Costilow Someone asked about this during a webinar and the response was that it could not charge simultaneously from solar and grid.

If you’re not going to install an wall-mounted EVSE you may need to prepare to purchase a portable cable EVSE: Many manufacturers are no longer including them with their vehicles – kinda like spare tires…

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 3, 2022 at 5:33 am

I think Kerbe may be misremembering here. IIRC, as stated by Aptera, the solar will add charge at all times that it is exposed, with the exception of when it is DC fast charging.

• kerbe2705

August 3, 2022 at 3:10 pm

@OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ) I stand corrected!

• Lane Costilow

August 3, 2022 at 11:30 am

Oz, thanks for the push to look more. Kerbe, thanks for the tip about a webinar.

I found a confirmation on an Aptera Owners Club YouTube video dated May 17th of this year. I know it’s not a final answer since all specs are not finalized.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now