Sizes of the Aptera.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Sizes of the Aptera.

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Sizes of the Aptera.

• Sizes of the Aptera.

John Trotter updated 1 month ago 8 Members · 10 Posts
  • Jason Decker Decker

August 27, 2022 at 10:00 am

I ordered mine and, I was curious if anyone had the schematics. Im a disabled navy veteran and was wondering how tall the door opening is and how high the seats are so I can get an idea on how I get in it. Thank you Jason Decker.

• John Voules

August 27, 2022 at 10:34 am

Hey Jason, 1st thank you for your service. I don’t believe anyone would be able to give you definitive answers until they present the final product. Hoping once they do the full gama revile we will have a better idea of the numbers you would need.

• Hee-Choon Lee

August 27, 2022 at 10:38 am

Jason, congrats on your pre-order! No schematic but the Gamma is Here video is the best we have so far. I sat in an Alpha model last June and the butt first method works best.

• kerbe2705

August 28, 2022 at 9:46 pm

@Jason Decker Decker What we’ve learned from this video is that the best way to enter is to sit and then swing your appendages into the vehicle, reversing the process to exit. Trying to step in with one leg and then sit seems awkward – and trying to step out with one leg invariably leads to catching one’s foot on the door sill.

The door opening is quite tall – cutting a bit into the roof. No one seems to bump their head while entering or exiting. I think it’s safe to assume – again from the video – is that the seat height is comparable to that of a modern sports sedan.

https://youtu.be/rlSBvucps9Y

• Jason Decker Decker

August 29, 2022 at 11:43 am

I was just wondering how tall the bottom of the door is from the ground and how far is the seat from the ground? I’d like to do a comparison to my car so I in now how to get in it because my spine is fused.

• Curtis Cibinel

August 29, 2022 at 11:51 am

For anyone under 6 foot it could make sense to raise the seats with a spacer. Remember they engineered to allow for a height of up to 6’8″. This would improve ease of entry and visibility for the majority of people and shouldn’t take much work.

• David Ruest

August 29, 2022 at 2:47 pm

If you look at the end of the video where people get out, their knees are at or below the door sil so that puts the door opening a good bit higher than a normal sedan but the seats do not look flat to the floor but rather are angled sharply and slope up to the knees so expect a further than normal distance to lower/support your weight while before hitting bottom. The high point looks too far forward to sit on and slide down into the seat, but that may be possible as well for mobility challenged individuals. I much prefer climing up into a truck vs lowering down into a car, so time will tell on this as well as if the offroad package will increase the body height anymore or just give more clearance on the wheel pants.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  David Ruest.
      • kerbe2705

August 30, 2022 at 12:19 am

@Jason Decker Decker And we keep telling you that NO ONE KNOWS: Aptera has not released the dimensions of the current prototype.

This is why we keep referring you to the video that shows a variety of people entering and exiting the vehicle – because that’s all the information any of us have at the moment.

• John Malcom

August 30, 2022 at 1:18 am

So much speculation based on a few shots of the gamma!

When gamma comes out on September 10th hopefully there will be some size data and other information available since it will be exhibited in SD and broadcast internationally. The delta (Production intent) should not be much different if at all than the gamma regarding dimensions.

Regardless, we have a lot of time to learn about the production Aptera before we need to finalize our order against our reservation.

As a caution, there will not be time or money for big changes people may want. We are getting to the “What you see is what you get” stage.

Aptera may not be perfect for everybody, but it is BEST for everybody.

• John Trotter

August 30, 2022 at 2:52 pm

For sure, John Malcom’s advice to wait and see is correct. In the for-what-it-is-worth category, both my wife and I had a chance to sit in an Alpha. We’re old (76) and different-sized (5′ 3″ vs 6′ 3″). Getting in and out was completely unremarkable. Our impression was that, as long as there is enough fore-aft adjustment, we’re good to go. Gamma/Delta will be a bit different, but I assume not worse.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now