Stepp files for the Aptera model design to use on a 3D Printer

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Stepp files for the Aptera model design to use on a 3D Printer

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Stepp files for the Aptera model design to use on a 3D Printer

• Stepp files for the Aptera model design to use on a 3D Printer

Stefan Obel updated 1 month, 1 week ago 11 Members · 15 Posts
  • STEVEN LOPER

August 25, 2021 at 9:05 pm

While we had the last wesite someone posted some stepp files for the APTERA model to use in a 3D printer does anyone here still have a copy of those i could get from you so I can have some printed for me? Thank you

• Steven Haws

September 2, 2021 at 3:19 pm

I would love to have the file as well if that’s possible.

• Paul Rowe

September 4, 2021 at 8:35 am

I was able to get the .stl file from the previous forum prior to it shutting down. This is a 1:43 scale model of what appears to be the Alpha model. This model is 4.5mb in size. I am willing to share this with anyone who wants it, but this current forum will not accept .stl’s for uploading.

Send me a PM at m.me/mrpaulrowe

I am currently printing this in 1:10 scale and want to adapt it into Remote Control.

• Robert Cunningham

January 23, 2022 at 6:26 pm

Was thinking along similar lines but was concerned about steering and drivetrain complexity. Today I realized there’s no need for the front wheels to pivot: I can drive them separately then use tank-steering.

I’m thinking small 1″ outrunner pancake motors would be just about perfect. May even put Elaphe stickers on them.

• Mark Langenhoven

September 5, 2021 at 12:55 pm

If you’re still looking for the STL file, here’s a link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-tZUtVttiBkzhws88mdi3wXcHVRWYS0/view?usp=drivesdk

• Robert Cunningham

November 29, 2021 at 1:33 pm

This STL file has several mesh issues. I can fix most of them in Meshmixer, but some gaps/holes need to be sculpted, something beyond my skills (in STL).

I want to optimize the model for larger-scale (~15:1) professional resin printing, which sucks to do with an STL (or any pre-rendered model). The tessellation in this file seems a bit coarse, and may show visible triangles when printed as a large (10-12 inch) model on a commercial/industrial printer.

I could get by with an ultra-fine STL, but a CAD file would be vastly better. Any format will do, but STEP is preferred.

Any hints where to look?

• Curtis Cibinel

November 29, 2021 at 3:47 pm

I’ve had very little luck with meshmixer. If you could help me smooth out the bottom/rear area on my model (that has the interior) that would be awesome and I’ll update the posted version. It has made as multiple parts then joined after I tweaked the geometry for beta so the pieces have a seam. If I reimport it to Adobe medium I lose a ton of resolution. My process and tools are great for sculpting not segmenting a multipart CAD style model.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5140895

• V Pilot

November 11, 2021 at 6:18 pm

Is there anyone printing these? Really neat, wouldn’t ming having one

• Curtis Cibinel

November 11, 2021 at 6:45 pm

Yes the giveaway on the fb group is. I’m still working on higher detail versions with the interior/spinning wheels (screens, seats and test prints then I’ll will be posting) . V2 will add door and hatch movement. Life has been busy; 12 hours of work has taken me 3 weeks…

• V Pilot

November 11, 2021 at 9:01 pm

I thought it was the simple smaller scale. Did you scale it up?

• Curtis Cibinel

November 12, 2021 at 10:19 am

I used this model and about 20 marketing photos to sculpt it myself and segment it so wheels can turn etc or it could be printed very large. Windows are slots for clear plastic sheets. I even included cup holders and a little coffee cup. I’m hoping to have some time to work on it today then ill start printing.

This should give some idea but doesn’t include the latest work on the interior, rear body, door and roof (switching repeatedly between sculpting in medium and mesh loses some details). Panels and other details are embossed into the shape – Glowgo will be added.

• David Tiemeyer

January 22, 2022 at 10:52 am

I didn’t see this thread until today. I could have saved myself a lot of work building my own 3D model. But, I had nothing but time waiting for my full size vehicle to arrive. Here is the link to the STL and STEP files I built in Solidworks for a 1/25th scale model:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9vr3vm33xgsqr1/Aptera%20Sol.STL?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zo6vtpkn2er506/Aptera%20Model%20v3.STEP?dl=0

Here is the link to several photos of the model:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ATr1JZ9ZyW2W1F5X6

I had this model printed on a mult jet fusion (MJF) HP printer by Roadrunner 3D in Albuquerque with at an 80 micro layer depth. I have given them permission to use my file to make a print for any Aptera customer who wants it. Contact josh.r@roadrunner3d.net

• GLENN ZAJIC

January 23, 2022 at 10:55 pm

What a good looking model!

• David Kam

May 25, 2022 at 9:33 am

Thanks for doing that I sent the file to someone on Etsy to print it out.

• Stefan Obel

May 25, 2022 at 10:23 am

How much does the printing cost?

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now