Surprise!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Surprise!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Surprise!

• Surprise!

John Malcom updated 1 month, 4 weeks ago 11 Members · 14 Posts
  • Russell Fauver

May 1, 2022 at 10:04 am

Anyone else expecting a surprise from Aptera? I mean, it’s May and so far this year they have announced putting temporary lights on the Beta so they can drive it on the street. Surely they’ve accomplished more than that. Surely there’s more happening behind the scenes that they aren’t releasing to the public. Surely there’s a hidden preproduction vehicle out there somewhere getting ready to make its debut. I, for one, am ready for some big news!

• Gabriel Kemeny

May 1, 2022 at 2:22 pm

You may need to lower your expectations.

• Morris Wilder

May 1, 2022 at 2:33 pm

Howdy. We are all excited to one day own one of these amazing vehicles. Patience young grasshopper 😁

• John Malcom

May 1, 2022 at 5:24 pm

Morris has the best advice 😃 we will know when we will know. Worrying won’t make it come any faster. Something about a watched pot and boiling????

• kerbe2705

May 1, 2022 at 9:34 pm

@Russell Fauver Aptera usually releases an “update video” during the first or second week of each month.

• Patrick Liebknecht

May 2, 2022 at 4:05 pm

Worrying won’t make it come quicker , true

Posting discontent in the waiting , lack of updates , lack of expedience , etc ( if the boards are truly monitored and read by actual aptera employees ) may light a fire under their butts to maybe quit over engineering the vehicle to the point of failing again.

I doubt that I am the only one who feels this way.

People are funny , they will only wait so long , and when they see the price of gas continue to climb, the price or used cars continue to climb , inflation continue to climb , the recession hit next quarter.

How much more can the middle class take before it breaks , and those of us who ordered this as a saving grace in the face of all these economic hardships , will get tired of waiting and buy a hybrid at a price we can afford now and start saving money at the pump.

Don’t forget the only way to get this runaway inflation under control is to raise interest rates and by the time aptera finally produces cars we can actually buy , you won’t have 0.9% financing any more , we’ll be lucky if we don’t see the carteresque interest rates of 15% at this rate. ( this is not political discourse this is simple economics )

• John Malcom

May 2, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Frustrated I guess.

There are many updates, at least one a month. No other car manufacturer does that. Adequate progress is reported to engender confidence that they are on plan with their development and testing. They do not need a fire built under their butts. I always feel a sense of urgency when I hear the engineers or management talking about their activities. I have no idea how you can conclude Aptera is over engineering the vehicle. Many people on the forum want this or that added. Aptera has stuck to a minimum feature set focused on efficiency. Inflation, COVID, recession are not Aptera’s fault. Nor is the squeeze these conditions place on our individual finances. We are free to make buying and other financial decisions that are in our best interests in light of the current and future financial environment

• Konijnerd the Great

May 3, 2022 at 4:45 am

I do agree with your point regarding the board. I would love to have someone of Aptera a bit more active here with responding and general engagement with the community.

I disagree with the rest though. Sure, people can buy a hybrid or full EV right now, and then what? Aptera is because of this no longer valid? That’s a bit silly to think…

• Patrick Liebknecht

May 4, 2022 at 12:38 pm

Russell the point is , people by nature have become a very impatient society , we use to call them “green button” generation, they are so use to pushing the green button and having now now now , that they don’t know what it’s like to wait for anything

That said. With the price of everything skyrocketing and showing no signs of calming , couple that with the fed raising interest rates again today , the pressure is on for people to save , cut back , curb etc just to make ends meet.

By the time they make more 1 and 2 mm adjustments and have a car available for us to actually purchase.

Will we have already bought something else ? Will

We be able to afford the carteresque interest rates that we are headed for ? Will people buy a car when their income has been cut by $6000 a year thanks to inflationary spending ?

• Joshua Caldwell

May 4, 2022 at 2:08 pm

Inflation is only something to worry about if you didn’t invest the Aptera price ahead of time. I did and even if released today I could get 2 Apteras instead of just 1… another way of thinking about it, I would get a free Aptera with nothing out of the pocket.

• Daniel Oneil

May 5, 2022 at 4:21 am

I’m sorry but what? If you didn’t invest the Aptera price ahead of time? I’m sorry but the Aptera was going to be one of, if not, the cheapest EV commuter for the masses and not just people who can simply invest in this terrible market and make enough from those investments to buy 2 Apteras. Kudos to you sir for being the small minority who can profit over 100k (least we not forget about taxes and inflation) in a few years by investing.

• Jack Vincent

May 3, 2022 at 3:56 am

I see this for what it is, yes it definitely needs to be out there for sure, yes patience is what’s needed. This vehicle is a game changer, it’s already been stated that this company has every intention to be fluid with upgrades with tech advances but don’t think (and you shouldn’t think like that) that upgrades will be free. Far from it, however know that this company will be doing their best to give you “the public” the best possible vehicle in the best time frame that is possible. You the public need to ask yourself is this what I actually need or am I just getting swept up in the hype of it all. After all it’s just an Autocycle. It’s no Tesla with all the bells and whistles. Lol. It is the most aerodynamic efficient vehicle out there though so if your happy to own a 2 seat aerodynamic vehicle then this is your vehicle (it definitely fits me very well) then this is for you.👌❤

• David Marlow

May 5, 2022 at 1:13 am

They have recently made agreements with suppliers.

Right now they must be talking with them about the best ways they can work together to achieve the stated mission.

In the last year they have indicated that they know who their primary battery supplier will be and that they would be assembling there own battery packs.

It has also been stated that they are working on a true solar Beta, so my hope is that it will also have a 40KWH battery with a beta charging system and belly pan cooling system. This would be the first real world test mule, of the main concepts the Aptera is based on.

• John Malcom

May 5, 2022 at 6:32 am

How they work together is incorporated into the Terms and Conditions of the contractual arrangement. If the agreements have been made (I am not convinced all are) Then all is resolved. If all is not resolved then “arrangements”have not been made.

In my opinion battery supply is way down the list of my supply chain concerns

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now