Switch to Launch Edition?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Switch to Launch Edition?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Switch to Launch Edition?

• Switch to Launch Edition?

Posted by daniel-gleason on January 20, 2023 at 10:23 am

Why do we have to go into the website and click “Switch to launch edition”?

If we don’t do this, what does this mean? If we do this, does it mean everything will be delayed?

Also, I clicked “update to launch edition” but it did not go through it seems… Now the website is crashing lol. I guess I didn’t make it?

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Daniel Gleason.
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Daniel Gleason.
    craig-merrow replied 4 months, 1 week ago 25 Members · 37 Replies
  • 37 Replies
  • Switch to Launch Edition?

craig-merrow updated 4 months, 1 week ago 25 Members · 37 Replies
  • steven-g-bueche

January 20, 2023 at 10:42 am

Simply click to the launch edition and save your updates all the way through to the enhances audio page. A window will pop up and say if you don’t save your original custom set up will be made when they can basically. Then I just kept hitting the save button until it stuck the order.

• rex-schneider

January 20, 2023 at 10:51 am

For those who are concerned switching to launch edition did not change my place in line. You will keep your position. I’m still 297!

• erik-rasmussen

January 20, 2023 at 10:55 am

Just updated my reservation to launch edition (only amounted to a color change for me). It’s a bummer to realize production is very unlikely until well into 2024 at this point given the funding, tooling, and ramp up necessary.

• WesMan

January 20, 2023 at 11:01 am

I switched to the launch edition because I want Aptera to succeed sooner rather than later. Hopefully this helps.

• john-trotter

January 20, 2023 at 11:34 am

I also switched to the Launch Edition (and bought shares). The difference between my original specs and the LE were minor enough. Besides, I need to have delivery before death.

• ROMAD

January 20, 2023 at 11:44 am

Is there a page where we can see the LE without having to use the switch button? I want to compare it to my pre-ordered Sol White, 400 miles, FWD, Full Solar, Coast Interior, Enhanced Audio.

• OZ.

January 20, 2023 at 11:55 am

Differences for you:

AWD

LUNA

CODEX

otherwise the same as you posted.

• Tam

January 20, 2023 at 12:03 pm

Switched to launch edition, and now I can’t get rid of the enhanced audio when I switch back. I would really rather get the off-road package vs the audio for the same money, and I don’t really want the solar hood either. Other than that it was pretty close to my build.

• ROMAD

January 24, 2023 at 11:12 am

MT, the Enhanced Audio is now a no-cost standard on ALL versions.

• jesthorbjorn

January 20, 2023 at 2:55 pm

The Launch Addition configuration looks to add thousands of dollars to my previous preorder cost based the cost of the added options as previously offered. My wife and I were already at odds about the cost of the thing for what you get. Now it is fancier, sportier, but less range capable, all for an as yet undisclosed (but expectedly higher) price?

Yes the L.E. would do for the vast majority of my use cases but I think I am in no hurry to switch to it. My reservation number is around 6500. I reckon it will be a year (likely more) after they start production and thousands of vehicles in before closing the deal on mine will even become an option. I think I will just wait and see if they have DC charging and my somewhat more modest option selections by then.

• eric-quinn

January 22, 2023 at 6:11 am

If one were to switch to an LE. Would they get their Aptera sooner than staying with their pre order?

In my case my pre-order is the same except for the color of the exterior and interior.

I live on east coast US

• bruce-mengler

January 22, 2023 at 7:21 am

Consider to change your order to the Launch Edition.
    If it this changes results in you getting your Aptera sooner, then so be it.
    If it does not change your delivery date, you can switch back to your color of choice.

• jonathan-reni

January 22, 2023 at 7:24 am

My understanding from the webinar was that, yes, launch editions would be delivered first- regardless of place in line. I certainly understand why anyone would switch. I will be waiting.

• V-Pilot

January 23, 2023 at 7:02 pm

Is there a separate LE pre order queue? Will/can aptera track when current reservation holders made the switch or do we maintain the same order queue as our original pre order?

• Greek

January 23, 2023 at 7:26 pm

Nothing changes with your order (or anyone else’s) – they will still go by original res date. The configuration of your order may or may not affect your possible delivery date.

• ruben-colon

January 23, 2023 at 8:05 pm

I want to switch to the launch edition but there is no button to click just to make new reservations, did aptera stop switching current reservation holders from swichin

• V-Pilot

January 23, 2023 at 8:13 pm

@Ruben Colon For me the switch button still shows up in “My account” on “My dashboard” or try the” View or edit your pre order” and choose what the LE consists of…Luna silver, 400 miles, All panels, All wheel drive system, and Codex

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  V Pilot.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  V Pilot.
  • alejandro-anaya

January 25, 2023 at 6:54 am

What is the difference between the original order and the LE? I originally ordered the 400mile version. Also, What’s the price difference?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  bbelcamino.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Gabriel Kemeny.
  • Greek

January 25, 2023 at 7:14 am

Alejandro, there is no price difference for the base model or the stand alone options. Not knowing what specific options you ordered to tell you your price difference?

400 battery $29,800

Full solar $900

All wheel drive. $2500

Upgraded sound. $0

TOTAL. $33,200

If you have other options or did not have a third motor for all wheel drive you can adjust from there

Basically as shown, the difference is that you are getting the upgraded sound system for free now! All other price options are still showing the same cost.

• Sam

February 26, 2023 at 7:58 am

Color is the only difference for me. I could live with Lunar but not Codex, so I’ll wait.

I’d probably hardly ever use it but having DC Fast Charging on LE now is a definite PLUS!

• BigSky

February 26, 2023 at 12:06 pm

I keep going back and forth on whether to switch to LE. I ordered a 600 Noir with FWD and Vida. I don’t care much about color, but 400 and 600 mile are a big difference to me. This is my post retirement travel car and no one is doing that kind of range which I think best meets my needs. While 400 is better than nearly all competitors, I just didn’t think it was enough for me. The opening up of Tesla charging might be significant enough to let go of this, but it depends on exactly how many chargers Tesla is actually opening. I don’t think it will be 100%

• Greek

February 26, 2023 at 2:12 pm

@BigSky Personally switching to LE just puts you a place in line. You would be contacted and confirmed for your build. They probably will have a better idea as to when the 600 version will be available. That would be the best time to decide. Meanwhile at least you are in line for something that will be built first.

• Gozer

February 28, 2023 at 5:26 am

I have switched over and back several times.

There are less than four hundred Accelerator LE’s on the leaderboard at the moment, out of two thousand possible. With another three thousand LE’s intended before production begins.

As a San Diego resident, it seems likely I can secure a Launch Edition to beta test. But I think the price may be closer to $40K after taxes and fees.

I’d hate to wait longer, but a 250 mile range, AWD, Noir with Vida trim with a window in the back hatch may be closer to $30K. And more aligned with my needs.

I have most of the year to ruminate on the matter.

• john-malcom

February 28, 2023 at 9:25 am

Compromising what we want (Better fit at a lower price) for what is available (At a higher price) to get it sooner is a difficult decision. Wise to to take the time to think it through. As you point out, plenty of time to do so without making a knee jerk decision possibly regretting it later.

• TMOSteel

March 25, 2023 at 12:23 pm

Just wanted to clarify: what’s so special about the “launch edition?” If I’m reading the configuration correctly, its just a Silver Aptera, 400 mile range, full solar and all wheel drive, correct?

No special badging, labelling or additional features? And price wise its no different than my existing order just adding in the 400 mile range (I have a black, all wheel drive, full solar, 250 mile configuration on order).

Just trying to see if there’s anything more to differentiate the launch vehicles, thanks.

• OZ.

March 25, 2023 at 2:39 pm

TMOSteel,”Just trying to see if there’s anything more to differentiate the launch vehicles”

It’s not really a question of differentiating them, basically they are a conglomeration of the most requested features, it allows production to start and to gain expertise in assembly, without having to deal with making variations of the vehicle.

“Any color the customer wants, as long as it’s black.” Henry Ford

• TMOSteel

March 25, 2023 at 3:22 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of the Rivian launch editions which had special badging, exclusive launch only color, and additional upgrades that were free of charge.

• OZ.

March 25, 2023 at 7:19 pm

For Aptera, originally, that would have been the Paradigm and Paradigm Plus editions. With the various modifications now (Accelerator editions, Launch editions, Paradigms, and combinations of each) it’s all become a bit blurry.

• ROMAD

March 25, 2023 at 12:32 pm

Those ordering the LE are SUPPOSEDLY to receive their orders ahead of non-LE orders. My order was the same as the LE except for color & AWD.

• TMOSteel

March 25, 2023 at 12:35 pm

That’s what I’ve read too, so sounds like nothing really “special” or worth changing my order for then 😉 Was figuring if the 400 mile range was being “thrown in” for a lower price but obviously its not.

• Biker

March 25, 2023 at 12:42 pm

The “enhanced audio” is apparently being thrown in for LE vehicles.

• ROMAD

March 25, 2023 at 12:44 pm

I thought it was made standard for all orders?

• Biker

March 25, 2023 at 12:48 pm

It’s still listed as a zero cost option so I guess you could call that included on all models.

• UnidentifiedDrivingObject

March 25, 2023 at 1:19 pm

The LE didn’t attract to me, as the only difference to my pre order, is the color (Noir) and Openpilot. For delivery times, I am in no rush really to get my Aptera (enough time to sort out early Aptera unit issue kinks). Though I am in SoCal (now for 2024 delivery)..Ooops.

• craig-merrow

December 6, 2023 at 12:21 pm

After I switched to the 400 mile battery, I realized that mine is almost the same as the Launch Edition minus Safety Pilot (which may still get included – or maybe I can install it when it becomes available) and the really cool orange Vida interior pieces. Thinking about just going with Launch Edition if I can get mine sooner.

• ROMAD

December 6, 2023 at 1:31 pm

All you need to do, Craig, is switch to the LE and then invest $10,000 (before the last Accelerator slots are gone) and you’ll get yours in 2025.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Dennis Swaney. Reason: Fixing the usual forum software wonkiness
      • craig-merrow

December 6, 2023 at 2:07 pm

Well, I have managed to invest $1000 so far, not sure I’ll be able to do another 9k between now and delivery!

or to reply.