Switch to Launch Edition?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Switch to Launch Edition?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Switch to Launch Edition?

• Switch to Launch Edition?

John Voules updated 5 days, 18 hours ago 22 Members · 26 Posts
  • Daniel Gleason

January 20, 2023 at 10:23 am

Why do we have to go into the website and click “Switch to launch edition”?

If we don’t do this, what does this mean? If we do this, does it mean everything will be delayed?

Also, I clicked “update to launch edition” but it did not go through it seems… Now the website is crashing lol. I guess I didn’t make it?

• Steven G. Bueche

January 20, 2023 at 10:42 am

Simply click to the launch edition and save your updates all the way through to the enhances audio page. A window will pop up and say if you don’t save your original custom set up will be made when they can basically. Then I just kept hitting the save button until it stuck the order.

• James G

January 20, 2023 at 10:45 am

Hah! I predicted the AWD, 400mi & Full Solar hardwares correctly in the Launch Ed webinar shown currently as I type this, exactly in my pre order. Except the Luna (ordered Noir) and the Codex (ordered Vida). I had low expectations for the Enhanced Audio to show up (last min pre order addition in 2022), but it did made it. I’m still keeping all my original pre order variant though. No rush, albeit I could possibly expect my pre order delivery sooner (Los Angeleno here).

• Rex Schneider

January 20, 2023 at 10:51 am

For those who are concerned switching to launch edition did not change my place in line. You will keep your position. I’m still 297!

• Erik Rasmussen

January 20, 2023 at 10:55 am

Just updated my reservation to launch edition (only amounted to a color change for me). It’s a bummer to realize production is very unlikely until well into 2024 at this point given the funding, tooling, and ramp up necessary.

• Wes Man

January 20, 2023 at 11:01 am

I switched to the launch edition because I want Aptera to succeed sooner rather than later. Hopefully this helps.

• John Trotter

January 20, 2023 at 11:34 am

I also switched to the Launch Edition (and bought shares). The difference between my original specs and the LE were minor enough. Besides, I need to have delivery before death.

• Dennis Swaney

January 20, 2023 at 11:44 am

Is there a page where we can see the LE without having to use the switch button? I want to compare it to my pre-ordered Sol White, 400 miles, FWD, Full Solar, Coast Interior, Enhanced Audio.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

January 20, 2023 at 11:55 am

Differences for you:

AWD

LUNA

CODEX

otherwise the same as you posted.

• M T

January 20, 2023 at 12:03 pm

Switched to launch edition, and now I can’t get rid of the enhanced audio when I switch back. I would really rather get the off-road package vs the audio for the same money, and I don’t really want the solar hood either. Other than that it was pretty close to my build.

• Dennis Swaney

January 24, 2023 at 11:12 am

MT, the Enhanced Audio is now a no-cost standard on ALL versions.

• Joel Smith

January 20, 2023 at 2:55 pm

The Launch Addition configuration looks to add thousands of dollars to my previous preorder cost based the cost of the added options as previously offered. My wife and I were already at odds about the cost of the thing for what you get. Now it is fancier, sportier, but less range capable, all for an as yet undisclosed (but expectedly higher) price?

Yes the L.E. would do for the vast majority of my use cases but I think I am in no hurry to switch to it. My reservation number is around 6500. I reckon it will be a year (likely more) after they start production and thousands of vehicles in before closing the deal on mine will even become an option. I think I will just wait and see if they have DC charging and my somewhat more modest option selections by then.

• Eric Quinn

January 22, 2023 at 6:11 am

If one were to switch to an LE. Would they get their Aptera sooner than staying with their pre order?

In my case my pre-order is the same except for the color of the exterior and interior.

I live on east coast US

• Lou Verner

January 22, 2023 at 6:35 am

This brings up yet another outfall of LE lack of DCFC…delivering vehicles to parts of country far away from CA. I believe many of us were looking forward to flying out to Carlsbad and enjoying road trip back home in our Aptera. No DCFC would at least double time to do so with many long layovers. May no longer be practical option. We have yet to hear how they will deliver vehicles and cost to those of us on other side of country.

• BRUCE MENGLER

January 22, 2023 at 7:21 am

Consider to change your order to the Launch Edition.
    If it this changes results in you getting your Aptera sooner, then so be it.
    If it does not change your delivery date, you can switch back to your color of choice.

• Jonathan Reni

January 22, 2023 at 7:24 am

My understanding from the webinar was that, yes, launch editions would be delivered first- regardless of place in line. I certainly understand why anyone would switch. I will be waiting.

• Joshua Rosen

January 22, 2023 at 7:29 am

Yes you’ll get it sooner, they are building 5000 LEs first before they build anything else. I doubt that the demand for the Launch Edition will be very high given the lack of Supercharging so you won’t have a lot of people in front of you. The question is do you still want it now that you know it can’t road trip and are you willing to buy a car that likely to become and orphan. There is always a risk when you buy something from a startup, when I thought the car was a great road tripper I was willing to assume that risk but now that they’ve said it can’t Supercharge the risk that they won’t survive skyrocketed. I can’t believe that there will be much demand for a city car that costs as much as a Tesla.

• Too_much Moderation

January 23, 2023 at 7:02 pm

Is there a separate LE pre order queue? Will/can aptera track when current reservation holders made the switch or do we maintain the same order queue as our original pre order?

• John Voules

January 23, 2023 at 7:26 pm

Nothing changes with your order (or anyone else’s) – they will still go by original res date. The configuration of your order may or may not affect your possible delivery date.

• Ruben Colon

January 23, 2023 at 8:05 pm

I want to switch to the launch edition but there is no button to click just to make new reservations, did aptera stop switching current reservation holders from swichin

• Too_much Moderation

January 23, 2023 at 8:13 pm

@Ruben Colon For me the switch button still shows up in “My account” on “My dashboard” or try the” View or edit your pre order” and choose what the LE consists of…Luna silver, 400 miles, All panels, All wheel drive system, and Codex

• James G

January 23, 2023 at 8:49 pm

I wish the LE has a color change button plus 1 option button of choice. I kept my original pre order of Noir plus an Off Road Kit. Everything else is the same to the LE.. I even reverted back to 400mi (from 600mi) tonight, once I heard Steve and Chris announced on video that DCFC will come back (40-60kW). Anywho, Aptera..you certainly made my day! Thank You!

• Jaime Fuertes

January 24, 2023 at 5:58 pm

How do I check my place in line after my pre-order?

• Ronald Benson

January 24, 2023 at 6:04 pm

sign in, click on “my account”, then on the left menu, select “review orders”

• Alejandro Anaya

January 25, 2023 at 6:54 am

What is the difference between the original order and the LE? I originally ordered the 400mile version. Also, What’s the price difference?

• This reply was modified 5 days, 17 hours ago by  bbelcamino.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 20 hours ago by  Gabriel Kemeny.
  • John Voules

January 25, 2023 at 7:14 am

Alejandro, there is no price difference for the base model or the stand alone options. Not knowing what specific options you ordered to tell you your price difference?

400 battery $29,800

Full solar $900

All wheel drive. $2500

Upgraded sound. $0

TOTAL. $33,200

If you have other options or did not have a third motor for all wheel drive you can adjust from there

Basically as shown, the difference is that you are getting the upgraded sound system for free now! All other price options are still showing the same cost.

Viewing 1 - 21 of 21 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now