TEDx Talk on Viability of Hybrid vehicles

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions TEDx Talk on Viability of Hybrid vehicles

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions TEDx Talk on Viability of Hybrid vehicles

• TEDx Talk on Viability of Hybrid vehicles

• Martin Becklenberg

June 8, 2022 at 9:30 am

Just viewed a 2020 TEDx talk on how much more appropriate hybrid vehicles are compared to electric cars (before presenter or audience knew about Aptera). Presentation had some interesting data which Aptera might employ (one way or another) to highlight Aptera’s remarkable advantages over even hybrids. Aptera knows all this, and does a good marketing job, but I thought how data was presented in this TEDx talk might offer a new idea or two for marketing Aptera to people considering hybrids and electric cars/trucks.
    Check it out —> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1E8SQde5rk <—- 14min.

• Richard Mitchell

June 8, 2022 at 10:17 am

An excellent talk, and one that might persuade me to change the battery size in my pre-order. It’s not just about the production of CO2 while driving … it’s also about the CO2 produced in the production of the car … and importantly, the production of the battery pack. FWIW, I do live in a region with a high percentage of electricity being generated by renewable sources (WA state), so charging is less of an issue than the CO2 generated in producing the vehicle.

Still, overall, Aptera has the right focus – on the overall efficiency of the vehicle. The lifetime consumption of energy – electricity – will be far less in an Aptera than in a Tesla – and that WILL make a difference to the environment. Solar charging that may even allow many to drive without having to charge – makes it’s green credentials even better.

So – the TedTalk is definitely “food for thought” – but does not necessarily negate the climate benefit of an Aptera vs. a hybrid or conventional ICE vehicle.

• George Hughes

June 9, 2022 at 3:30 pm

The guy in the video is relatively credible but two things concern me about this Ted talk.

First, it is a TEDx talk, which means it is not formally a Ted talk with that entities rules …

Second, and this is related to the first, is it was a TEDx hosted in San Antonio, TX.

Coming from Arkansas (originally) I used to work in the senate office of the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee who, at the behest of his Texan friend and on his assurances, introduced the Tonkin Gulf Resolution and shepherded it through the senate. Two years later we all knew it was a lie.

I’m just skeptical of anything coming out of Texas (including teslas) 🙂

• Curtis Cibinel

June 9, 2022 at 4:54 pm

They did a good analysis of his video at transport evolved news. His stats and assumptions do not hold up to scrutiny. https://youtu.be/JXLko2_pozc

• Kevin Bradbury

June 9, 2022 at 6:56 pm

Thanks Curtis for saving me the time. Appears you and I like and subscribe something in common.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now