Third seat was announced, for adult or child???

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Third seat was announced, for adult or child???

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Third seat was announced, for adult or child???

• Third seat was announced, for adult or child???

Francis Giroux updated 2 days, 1 hour ago 10 Members · 18 Posts
  • Konijnerd the Great

September 11, 2022 at 1:27 pm

Had a interesting discussion on the aptera third seat today.

Aptera announced there will be a third seat option and i wonder if thats for adults or for childs-only.

I also wonder if aptera will make changes to the bottom structure for this option. For example, the difference between 25kwh and 100kwh will be significant in terms of space usage. The smallest option could leave for mors bottom space for a third chair.

Thoughts?

• Eric Caldwell

September 11, 2022 at 1:34 pm

I got the impression that was a “somewhere, sometime down the road” thing. I wouldn’t expect it in the near term.

• Ray Holan

September 11, 2022 at 2:15 pm

That was my impression as well. Down the road, maybe, perhaps…

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 11, 2022 at 3:17 pm

CA’s statement “We plan on having one.” is unfortunately fairly vague as to any kind of time frame, placement, and/or size weight restrictions that might accompany one.

• Sam Adams

September 11, 2022 at 3:07 pm

I don’t think battery choices will effect storage space.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

September 11, 2022 at 3:21 pm

In an earlier webinar, it was noted that there were to be two under floor cargo bays behind the seats, and the at least the largest choice of battery would impact those.

• Sam Adams

September 11, 2022 at 5:31 pm

That’s interesting but maybe changed. It was said before too that the battery packs could not be upgraded requiring instead a complete swap. At fully charged, he now says the battery packs could be upgraded. So I wonder if maybe now it’ll be a one size fits all.

• John Voules

September 11, 2022 at 5:46 pm

Third seat is the smartest thing they can do. Changes your target drastically. It would be nice though for it to still folds for a flat floor for camping.

• Len Nowak

September 11, 2022 at 6:02 pm

My understanding

Possible for future iteration…

• David Marlow

September 12, 2022 at 3:29 am

CA mentioned that the third seat would be an option on the base (250 mile version with the smaller battery) vehicle. So sense that model will not be available with in a year they will have time to work on making the third seat.

• Konijnerd the Great

September 12, 2022 at 8:07 am

Ouch. Any link? I have the 400 mile version pre-ordered.

• Markus Schmid

September 12, 2022 at 9:53 am

He said “base Aptera”, but nothing about battery size here at 30:50

Even if Chris Anthony thinks it was not the most exciting question it might be worth asking your more detailed question directly via https://aptera.us/contact-us/

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Markus Schmid.
        • Sam Adams

September 12, 2022 at 10:58 am

I take “base” here to mean the smallest battery pack, the one that cmes with the $25,900.

• Konijnerd the Great

September 12, 2022 at 11:29 am

Unfortunately i agree with you. I will seriously consider downgrading then. More stops on the road, but able to carry a friend or a possible future child with my wife is worth a lot.

• Markus Schmid

September 12, 2022 at 12:12 pm

Yes, assumptions are always better than asking for a clarification from those who know… well, or the other way round đź‘Ť

• Markus Schmid

September 12, 2022 at 1:06 pm

Chris Anthony in a 15 seconds clip about the difference between the battery packs:

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx1oRQlGruFnpW_mQ0NMNhQWZtRRk7V6RB

• Konijnerd the Great

September 12, 2022 at 11:30 am

I have asked aptera themselfs to clarify, will relay their response here.

• Francis Giroux

September 28, 2022 at 8:13 am

Some adults are rather small. But certainly a child after the age of mandatory car-seats, and up to 100 pounds can fit on a redesigned front seat(s). I had a ford ranger that had “bucket seats” that included a fold up arm rest in the middle and sitting area with seat belt in the middle. Total width fits in the Aptera.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now