Tire Rotation Pattern & Jacking Points?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Tire Rotation Pattern & Jacking Points?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Tire Rotation Pattern & Jacking Points?

• Tire Rotation Pattern & Jacking Points?

• James Gatan

June 13, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Hi Everyone. First post here & pre ordered my Aptera AWD just last 6/11 Sat.

How would a tri wheel tire rotation pattern be?

I tried Googling for any images or info about it, and found nothing.

Also, where would the jacking points be located?

I’ve seen an old thread about it here in the forums, but was just conjecture in the end. Thanks!

• Len Nowak

June 13, 2022 at 3:58 pm

Welcome! And Congrats🎉

Lift points will be announced but not yet

I suppose you can ask Polaris Slingshot Or EM Solo dealerships to start… but Aptera will have Right to Repair info when they launch

• John Voules

June 13, 2022 at 4:05 pm

Not ever owning a 3 wheeled anything…I would think that fronts would swap L~R and rear would stay in place. Rear tire I would expect has the same load on ether side so no need to move.

• BRUCE MENGLER

June 13, 2022 at 4:08 pm

I’m old & my memory is not as reliable as it was decades ago.
    AFAIK, the rear tire size will be different from the front tire size.
    If this is true then the tire rotation is limited to swapping the two front tires.

Questions like these will be answered or obvious as production details become known.

So just kick back & CHILL😀

• John Voules

June 13, 2022 at 4:56 pm

I wait with baited breath

• Vernon Michael Gardner

June 13, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Bruce, all the tires and wheels are the exact same size due to the in-wheel motors, this is just conjecture but all the wheels and tires should be omni-directional

• Len Nowak

June 13, 2022 at 4:28 pm

Last I read (old FAQ) 195 45R 19” on all three

Once rumored a a slightly wider in the back but never heard that again.

It is all about the lightest weight , lean, simple!

And of course there is AWD vs FWD that may factor in. When they manufacture and produce.. instructions we will produced

¯\_(~̃ ͜ʖ°̃)_/¯¯

• Scott Price

June 13, 2022 at 4:35 pm

Good discussion on the topic of tire rotation last month here at https://aptera.us/community/discussion/maintenance-forbes. Big determinant on the answer will be whether unidirectional or multidirectional tires are installed. Unidirectional tires generally provide better performance though they do not provide good options for full rotation on a 3 wheeled vehicle. So, Aptera may need to go with multidirectional tires if tire rotations are recommended.

Maintenance/Forbes

• Francis Giroux

June 13, 2022 at 5:07 pm

The only tire rotation I have ever done on any car is to keep the best tread on the front in the winter. I prefer to wear out the front tires just before winter so I can put new ones on. Then in the spring if the ones on the rear look like they only have one summer left on them, I’ll put them on the front so I can have new tires again on the front next winter. I hate having all new tires at the same time because they get the worst mileage. If a tire (especially front tire) is wearing faster than the one on the other side, I will swap them so they’ll wear out at the same time. I hate throwing away good tread just because I should put a matching pair of tires on when changing any. The factory rotation schedule is designed to wear out all the tires at the same time, which I don’t want.

• James Gatan

June 13, 2022 at 8:31 pm

Thanks for the link. I did read one of your posts, and that you mentioned about the clockwise (or counter clockwise) tire rotation. Yes, I was thinking of that too. If Aptera does install identical OEM tires for all three (All Seasons?) as non-directionals, a clockwise or counter clockwise tire rotation would be a given.

I was thinking of putting non-directional Summers (So Cal/LA driving), after I use up the stock OEMs (after regular rotations & normal use) for much better handling. I’ve been doing that practice, to all my past & current rides. I also opted for the slightly lifted Off Road Kit. Though I don’t go off road, the added underside clearance would help to facilitate easy access to the tire valves (on top of avoiding serious LA road imperfections, clearing tall speed bumps, tall concrete parking blocks and clearing the steep angled approach of my driveway, from hitting the leading edge of the front wheel pants).

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  James Gatan. Reason: Corrections
  • Vernon Michael Gardner

June 13, 2022 at 10:31 pm

If you are in the northern hemisphere you rotate your tires clockwise, if you live in the southern hemisphere then you rotate your tires counterclockwise. jk. Unless you have directional tires, then I recommend clockwise, and balance the tire coming to the front for all of your rotations for the Aptera Roadster.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now