Trade-in

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Trade-in

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Trade-in

• Trade-in

ROMAD updated 8 months, 1 week ago 10 Members · 11 Replies
  • vernon-sinnott

July 28, 2022 at 5:47 am

I’d be interested in the answer to this too. My 2018 Jeep only has 32,000 km on it but I would have to sell it to help finance my purchase of the Aptera. Cannot afford 2 vehicles.

• Lou

July 28, 2022 at 6:01 am

In today’s hot market for used vehicles my guess is that you would be better off selling it yourself. Aptera unlikely to have capability to deal with trade-ins.

• Robert

July 28, 2022 at 7:03 am

Aptera is a new car manufacturer I doubt they want to be in the used car business or in the car financing business. My advice is to make your Aptera purchase easy for you and them. Sell your vehicle and line up your financing ahead of time. Make sure your finance company is very clear about what vehicle you are buying. Arrange for insurance for your Aptera ahead of time also.

• john-malcom

July 28, 2022 at 7:52 am

Second Robert’s comment.

Trade ins is a dealer function where they can resell or auction off the trade in vehicle. Aptera will not have a dealer network with its accompanying high overhead expense. This is a reason Aptera can keep their prices lower. With the shortage of used car inventory you can sell it yourself or there are auto networks that will buy your vehicle without you having to purchase one from them. The short straw in either case is you need a clean title before the sale which means you need to pay the vehicle off before selling it.

• kerbe2705

July 28, 2022 at 10:48 am

@Robert Keith Harrigan I agree but Aptera has said that financing will eventually be available so – considering their production model – I’d guess they might contract-out financing to a third-party firm. The same might happen with trade-ins. Leasing could also be handled by a third party…

• Pragmatic_to_a_Fault

July 28, 2022 at 10:51 am

Best bet… call carvana get a cash offer and make your trade go away, no way aptera will take in trades from all over the world with no dealer network to resell the trades.

• CosmeT

August 4, 2023 at 8:27 am

Hi Guys, I am curious if Aptera will allow several of us that are motorcycle’s owners to trade in allowance the bike during the payment and purchasing process.

Being an autocycle considered with motorcycle insurance and plate, to my logic it is a double gain-gain process if Aptera permits trade own bikes, do somebody has asked it before, any comments?

• ROMAD

August 4, 2023 at 9:02 am

The above posts above may provide some insight.

• NapalmCricket

August 8, 2023 at 2:07 pm

Aptera will not do trade-ins. As a manufacturer, they are not interested in getting into the used vehicle market. In the current market, selling vehicles is quite easy. You can likely just sell your previous vehicle to an existing dealer very easily.

• john-malcom

August 8, 2023 at 4:59 pm

👍

• ROMAD

August 8, 2023 at 6:40 pm

Or donate it to a charity for a tax write off.

or to reply.