Trailer to Tow an Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Trailer to Tow an Aptera

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Trailer to Tow an Aptera

• Trailer to Tow an Aptera

• Ray Holan

August 6, 2022 at 2:40 pm

This may have been discussed before, but I searched for it on the forum and found nada.

Would there be a market for Aptera or a third party to produce a trailer that would be suitable to haul an Aptera? The tadpole design of the Aptera might have been able to fit this trailer that was designed for transporting a Can-Am trike. However the Aptera is too wide.

An Aptera would make an ideal, lightweight asset for a diesel pusher RV owner if there were an appropriate tagalong trailer.

• Len Nowak

August 6, 2022 at 3:07 pm

Hi Ray

There are wide “over wheel design” trailers that are typically used for towing multiple snowmobiles with 101” wide deck. But their total payload is just above the 2200 # So from a safety standpoint, not the best. I suppose you can share the Aptera details with them for a safe suggestion ?

I believe the Aptera is now 177” long too

• Ray Holan

August 6, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Thanks, Len. I was so focused on the width I forgot about the length!

• Lane Costilow

August 6, 2022 at 3:56 pm

I remember platform to fit Apteras was mentioned in “Delivery plan” discussion …

• Vernon Michael Gardner

August 6, 2022 at 3:56 pm

Ray, maybe it is time to sell the ICE RV? or maybe look into this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJmfmbLRTsw

😎😜

• Ray Holan

August 6, 2022 at 4:34 pm

LOL. I’m not an RV owner. Way above my pay grade;) Intriguing video though.

• Ed Hansen

August 7, 2022 at 12:11 pm

The tail of the Aptera could be fine hanging beyond the back of such a trailer of sufficient width so long as the back tire if properly secured on the bed.

• Ray Holan

August 7, 2022 at 12:46 pm

Good point, Ed.

• Selvan Poothamby

August 6, 2022 at 4:03 pm

Maybe the 14 footer will do…

https://www.missiontrailers.com/88-inch-open-atv-trailers

• Ray Holan

August 6, 2022 at 4:36 pm

Looks like it can handle the weight. The issue would be getting the 3 wheeled Aptera up onto it. We’d need a third ramp for the single rear wheel.

• Selvan Poothamby

August 6, 2022 at 5:04 pm

That (three separate aluminum ramps) can easily be had from any number of off-road bike shops. Or just two! After the fronts get up there, move one over.

• Ray Holan

August 7, 2022 at 12:47 pm

Of course! Why didn’t I think of that?

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now