Tutorials

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Tutorials

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Tutorials

• Tutorials

Posted by Pragmatic_to_a_Fault on January 22, 2022 at 2:59 pm

For those of us who don’t live in California and will probably have a “carvana” truck pull up and drop off our new aptera.

I would like aptera to release prior to delivery ( well prior to delivery ) an in-depth set of tutorials for our aptera.

Nothing beats having the salesmen showing you how it works.

Since we won’t have a salesman show us anything, it would be nice to know how to get in start and park the aptera in my driveway when it gets here.

Videos would be best… a giant book of stereo instructions written by engineers for engineers isn’t helpful to the average Joe.

Pragmatic_to_a_Fault replied 2 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Tutorials

• ray-holan

January 23, 2022 at 4:40 pm

Patrick, great idea. My hunch is the set of video tutorials you suggest will more likely be done by forum members like you and I and by early Aptera owners. Aptera staff will probably be pedal to the metal getting Apterae out the door in 2022. Hope we get an “official” version of what you suggest despite my betting otherwise.

• Pragmatic_to_a_Fault

January 23, 2022 at 6:40 pm

I remember trying to set the clock in my friends Benz , pushing buttons to access folders in the instrument cluster. It wasn’t easy at all. And that was just setting the clock twice a year thanks to daylight savings time lol

• Biker

January 24, 2022 at 4:28 am

Aptera may not have a traditional “salesperson” but very likely the delivery person can stay and show you vehicle functionality until you are satisfied. After the sale, they would be available to walk you through any other issues. Youtubers will likely satisfy any detailed functionality issues – free work Aptera doesn’t have to spend resources on.

• Pragmatic_to_a_Fault

January 25, 2022 at 5:47 pm

If they plan to send Someone on every delivery from the republic of California to anywhere USA and abroad. That will cost them a small fortune.

• Biker

January 26, 2022 at 4:23 am

The mobile service technician (which Aptera should have in place by delivery time) could also be the delivery person -they would be local to the delivery area.

• robert-klasson

January 25, 2022 at 11:35 pm

The delivery people will have to know at least how to get into the vehicle and load and unload it on the transport. It’s not much, but they should at least be able to show you how to get into the vehicle and get it moving even if they are not working directly for Aptera.

Tutorial videos and a manual built into the infotainment system is a great idea though. A one sheet printed quick start guide should be enough to teach new owners how to access such functions if they decide to go that route. I still hope for a full length printed manual though that may be outdated.

• ray-holan

January 26, 2022 at 8:22 am

Robert, I’m a big fan of the “quick start” sheet. It eases a new owner into working with whatever product it is designed for. Builds a little confidence which the new owner can take into their exploring the operation of in-depth features later.

• joshua-rosen

January 26, 2022 at 10:26 am

They could have a remote advisor do the hand off via the phone, Google Meet or Zoom. The advisor would have remote access to your car which would make it possible for them to walk you through things. I’d also like to have remote human service advisors for when things go wrong. The worst thing about Tesla is their service and one particularly bad aspect is that it’s not possible to talk to a person, everything is through the app. The only good thing about dealers is that if there is a problem there is a service manager to talk to who can schedule your service when convenient, triage the problem to determine if it’s something that needs immediate attention or if you can let it slide, explain what the issue is, and for serious problems get you in a hurry. With remote access it’s possible to diagnose most problems remotely, with a human advisor to talk to it will also be easier to schedule a ranger visit.

• Pragmatic_to_a_Fault

January 26, 2022 at 6:10 pm

I can see me FaceTiming the tech when the idiots in my neighborhood drive up the street at 80mph and poof my aptera is gone with the tuner car lol

I like the quick start guide and in-depth videos in the onboard entertainment screen. But early YouTube videos to give us a head start would be nice. I mean it’s not like we have anything else to do while we wait 2-3 years for our cars ( snark intended )

or to reply.