UK Trouble for APTERA!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions UK Trouble for APTERA!

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions UK Trouble for APTERA!

• UK Trouble for APTERA!

Tommy Hughes updated 4 months ago 8 Members · 9 Posts
  • Guy SKEER

January 5, 2022 at 7:01 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/2021-staff-pick-nothing-is-safe-from-this-width-restrictor-intent-on-destruction/ar-AAQ1xi6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

7 Feet = 84 inches total width! If this is the solution to keeping Big Trucks, etc out, it will also Reject/Destroy APTERAS!

• Len Nowak Nowak

January 5, 2022 at 7:41 am

This has been answered many times including:

They have a homologation team looking into it.

There could be a less wide model at some point for markets were it is not allowed “as is”

The FAQ contains some of this and even mentions that with the front fairings off it is about 84”

If this helps at this pre production stage.

FAQ already provided direct “from Aptera”:

Search Aptera’s FAQ Spreadsheet

Please search the spreadsheet with Ctrl+F (for “Find”), or for Mac use command+F or cmd+F

This spreadsheet is periodically update by an Aptera Team member …

• Guy SKEER

January 5, 2022 at 9:58 am

Thank You, Leonard…Sorry!

• Pistonboy Delux

January 5, 2022 at 5:45 pm

What question was being asked?

• Scott Gilbert

January 6, 2022 at 3:23 pm

As long as “problems” are being addressed:

I have tinted windows in my current Prius and was warned NOT to tint too MUCH or too DARK as the police will cite vehicles (and owners) when it is determined that the driver cannot see through the rear window or the driver’s window is too dark. This also applies to covering your rear window with paint or decals that obstruct vision to the rear.

Question: If the rear “window” is covered in solar panel(s) and I cannot legally see through it (although I probably have a camera) will this vehicle (Aptera covered in solar panels ) be allowed on the road in my city/county/state.

I will call and ask them.

• Riley ________________________________

January 6, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Unfortunately you will be pulled over as aptera has no front license plate, green glowgo light and blocked rear window. Not that any laws are being broken, it’s just that the officer pulling you over is confused.

• G Johns

January 6, 2022 at 11:40 pm

Riley, You will not get pulled over in the state I live in because no front plate is required on auto’s.

Another thought is as this is a autocycle/motorcycle no front plate is required.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

January 7, 2022 at 5:36 am

G Johns, I think Riley’s point may be, it is not that the items are illegal, but as an autocycle, a fairly new/unusual vehicle to most, enforcement may try to apply rules that don’t apply to it.

• Tommy Hughes

February 27, 2022 at 11:47 pm

In the UK you can tint all your back windows to completely black, you could even paint over them, there’s no requirement to see out of a rear window, it’s not even a requirement to have a rear view mirror, most vans on the road you cant see out the back, so the police that’s told you this doesn’t know their stuff

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now