Value-less Competition in Euro Market

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Value-less Competition in Euro Market

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Value-less Competition in Euro Market

• Value-less Competition in Euro Market

• John Malcom

September 14, 2021 at 10:03 am

15K equivalent for this??? If you are willing to buy one of these, I have a bridge in NY I can sell you cheap. Not sure I buy the claim of “Massively upgraded”

I guess OK for a Euro market (Compressed distances, a lot of city driving and parking difficulties, lower speed limits – except for the autobahn in Germany). I don’t think much competition for a Euro Aptera.

56 MPH top speed, max batter 143 mi; 5 sec from 0 to 31 mph; 59, 109, and 143 mile battery options.

Maybe good for a college student to commute around a large campus.

http://www.autoblog.com/2021/09/14/microlino-micro-mobility-mini-electric-car/

• Peter Van Achter

September 14, 2021 at 3:34 pm

There are many more electric car models on the market in Europe than in the US. I count more than 60 models today here in Belgium, but the Aptera is obviously unique and a lot more interesting than what te “competition” offers. I suppose that an Aptera wil cost approximately 40 % more here than in the US (transport, import tax , i presume IVA costs , sales tax ) but it remains without doubt my first choice even with those extra costs its a great car from a value perspective.

• Titus Meusel

September 20, 2021 at 7:55 am

40% that’s steep. I looked at other solar cars like the Sion (Sono Motors) wich promises a max. solar range of 16 – 35 km a day and the Xbus (Electric Brands) wich they say could reach additional 200 solar km a day – a number I do not believe. The Xbus has a modular concept, wheel hub motors and reminds you on the VW T2-bus. It will be build close to my place but I remain doubtful on both projects. The Aptera has the most extreme approach in engineering and function and does not neglect design.

• Robert Klasson

September 20, 2021 at 11:40 am

I’m estimating the my Aptera will cost about 46% more than the sales price in the US here in Sweden (shipping cost, import tax and VAT). I guess you need to pay the shipping cost and VAT in the US too, but I doubt it will add 46% to the cost of the car. It’s basically the same for all non-EU cars though. The cheepest Tesla model 3 LR available at the moment is almost 71 k USD here in Sweden.

• Joshua Rosen

September 20, 2021 at 1:02 pm

We don’t have a VAT in the US. There is a sales tax which is state dependent but even in the worst cases it’s much less than the VAT is in Europe. In my state, MA, the sales tax is 6.25%, next door in New Hampshire there is no sales tax.

• Ronnie

September 19, 2021 at 11:53 pm
Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now