Vehicle Alarm System?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Vehicle Alarm System?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Vehicle Alarm System?

• Vehicle Alarm System?

Dennis Swaney updated 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • JOHN W. DARBY

July 2, 2022 at 8:21 pm

WILL THERE BE A VEHICLE ALARM SYSTEM? WILL THERE BE A VEHICLE ALARM SYSTEM?

Will There be a Vehicle Alarm System?

• kerbe2705

July 2, 2022 at 11:39 pm

@JOHN W. DARBY This topic has been posted several times lately – please search for it to read the discussion.

It’s still too early to know which accessory systems will and will not be available: Aptera is working to create a manufacturable vehicle and many aspects have not yet been “set in stone”.

• Dennis Swaney

July 3, 2022 at 8:38 am

It seems to me that with the targeted date to have not only a “manufacturable vehicle” but actually be manufacturing them only 180 days from now, at least 95% of the aspects should already be “set in stone”. As I’ve said before, I suspect that 1 “production” model will be “sold” to an early reservation made by an employee of Aptera at 11:59 PM PST on 31 Dec 2022. However, actual production for real world buyers most likely won’t begin until way later in 2023. The lack of real information on progress and features from Aptera in their June webinar shows they are further behind the curve as to when they will actually be able to finalize design and features.

• JOHN W. DARBY

July 3, 2022 at 12:17 am

Thanks again,

This is my first time on the site. I will be sure to scan the previous responses in the future.

• Joshua Caldwell

July 3, 2022 at 9:24 am

Vehicle Alarms are so commonly activated by their owners at home or by people trying to find their car in a parking lot that they have become largely ignored by everyone else nearby.

What I would appreciate would be an anti-theft tracking system given the uniqueness of this vehicle strongly raising its likelihood of being stolen. Also, given its expected low production, it would be difficult or take a very long time to get another to replace the stolen one, unlike a Honda, Toyota, or Ford where you can simply pick up an identical vehicle at a dozen dealerships within 20 minutes of you.

• Dennis Swaney

July 3, 2022 at 9:55 am

Sounds like you’re talking about Lo-Jack. Alternately, you could secret an Apple AirTag in your Aptera.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now