Vehicle needs a name

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Vehicle needs a name

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Vehicle needs a name

• Vehicle needs a name

Posted by benjamin-dreidel on January 7, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Aptera needs to name their first vehicle something other than the same name as the company. Otherwise it will be confusing if they succeed and start working on other vehicles, as they are hoping to do.

ROMAD replied 1 year ago 39 Members · 49 Replies
  • 49 Replies
  • Vehicle needs a name

ROMAD updated 1 year ago 39 Members · 49 Replies
  • adrian-delisser

January 7, 2022 at 6:54 pm

Roadster

• Lou

January 7, 2022 at 7:22 pm

Tesla’s already got that one.

My choice: Revolution!

• OZ.

January 7, 2022 at 7:40 pm

It’s an “Aptera” future models will I am sure have different names.

• V-Pilot

January 7, 2022 at 8:39 pm

I’ll call mine what it is…Luna

• george-hughes

January 7, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Think of kind of like the VW which was officially a “Volkswagen” but everybody called ’em bugs or beetles.

Given the inspiration for the Aptera was the silhouette of a species of fish swimming rapidly near the ocean floor – Shark or one of the species of shark might be the name your feeling ought to be.

• len

January 8, 2022 at 4:06 am

As you may already know and to the info supplied by others here

The Company in Aptera Motors Corporation as stated in their official financial documents

They have said this first vehicle will be referred to as “ Aptera”

The first 330 units sold back in Dec 2020 were 40 kWh Paradigm Edition ( 220 units ) and 100 kWh Paradigm + ( 110 units ), basically prepackaged with certain items, like Full solar, Enhanced radio and interiors, FWD, etc…..

And YES the color combos like the White/black is, Sol. all black is Noir and brushed aluminum (silver.) / gray is Luna.

Maybe they will have more fun with later iterations of the roadster-style autocycle. Surely new names will be need for the rest of their pipeline of vehicles, they hope to advance to ( attached sketches)

But many choose their own names and may even have vanity plates that may display them .

Enjoy Yours!

• Dr.D

January 8, 2022 at 8:37 am

Tricorn?

• david-marlow

January 8, 2022 at 12:52 pm

Shark is a good choice but we can do better. Paradigm says a change in thinking, which it is, but we need a name that says also says cost effective efficiency and cool, almost magic.

We might need to make up a name, start with something simple like Ace, but build on it. Maybe Acetera?

• Nate

January 8, 2022 at 2:30 pm

I also think it needs a name, even if it’s like the original Volkswagen, which was called the Type 1.

There are a lot of possibilities, but both the make and model being Aptera seems odd.

• ROMAD

May 19, 2022 at 10:56 am

No different than Ford (the company) selling Ford (the make). Of course, they also have model names so eventually the Aptera (the make) will also have them. Personally I figure the first Apteras will be a “Mark 1” or “Mark A” even if not officially labeled so.

• Pragmatic_to_a_Fault

January 8, 2022 at 3:51 pm

How about. pollywog

It looks like a tadpole. But it’s fancy

• Riley

January 9, 2022 at 2:01 am

I know they’ve been vocal about distanceing themselves from the old company that had the Aptera 2e but hear me out.

3e – 3 wheel sports car

4e – 4 wheel sedan

4s – suv

4t – truck

4v – van

6t – big truck

I personally dislike when car companies use a series of letters instead of more memorable and meaningful names. I beleive aptera called their first car aptera becouse the car speaks for itself. The best marketing is the simplest and most memorable.

• joshua-rosen

January 9, 2022 at 6:19 am

How about Athena? Aptera is the Greek word for wingless. Nike was a winged Goddess, Athena didn’t have wings, both are associated with victory. Greek Goddess’s would provide a pool of names for future vehicles.

• john-malcom

January 9, 2022 at 6:54 pm

Hmmmmmm….The EV company that just sold 1 million EVs in a year and is the number one selling EV company in the world does not use names…….. for its cars (Only the cyber truck) And it is the company that grew from nothing to the highest valued automobile company in the world……

It has been known as Aptera for more that a year since release. Renaming/rebranding at this point would cause confusion in the market place at a time just before production goes into the market place. Keep the name and as George Hughes says in another thread, The value proposition will sell the vehicle.

• carl-ferreira

January 9, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Apteryx – A wingless bird with hairy feathers (B.C. comic strip)

😉

• henry-kitt

January 9, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Let’s go with the Aptera EAGLE

Aptera means wingless flight, their vehicles are all about wind resistance, everyone thinks it resembles a plane, and the bald eagle is the national animal of the US and it’s a US based company. The Noir especially looks like an Eagle, or a crow actually but that’s not a cool name.

Aptera intends to make other vehicles and they should have cool names, and starting with Eagle can create a theme. Their successive cars can be the Aptera Hawk, Aptera Pelican, Aptera Albatross, and the Aptera Stork delivery vehicle.

Maybe I can convince Aptera of doing this… with your help.

• carl-ferreira

January 10, 2022 at 9:46 am

I always thought that the Noir version was reminiscent of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon.

Toothless was a Night Fury – one of the fastest, smartest, and rarest of the known species of dragons.

Alas, Night Fury wouldn’t make a good car model name, and is likely trademarked.

• david-marlow

January 11, 2022 at 4:04 am

The number system might be good ,

2 for 2 passenger

3 for 3 wheels

2 or 3 for how many motors

then a letter code for battery size

“S” for standard 25Kw

“M” for medium 40 Kw

“L” for large 60 Kw

“XL” for extra large 100 Kw

so the current model might be 233M

• david-clark

January 11, 2022 at 9:40 pm

name it the Phoenix.

for….obvious reasons.

• ROMAD

May 10, 2022 at 10:31 am

OK, the company & make name is “Aptera” just like “Ford”. However, what will be the model name(s) (since even motorcycles have make & model names)? I think the states require both make & model designations to register a vehicle. I understand the very first limited-edition models will be the Aptera Paradigm so I’m curious as to what model the rest of us will be getting.

• len

May 10, 2022 at 11:19 am

The company is Aptera Motors Corporation

The first vehicle is simply being called Aptera now….

Yes there are two (limited number) models:

Paradigm edition (220 units)

Paradigm Plus (110 units)

If you go by the std exterior color offerings there are names like these, revealed on the alpha development vehicles:

Noir a matte black Aptera

Sol a matte white Aptera

Luna a brushed aluminum ( silver ) Aptera

( You can order optional custom colored too )

As I understood it

Will there be other names????

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Len Nowak.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Len Nowak.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Gabriel Kemeny.
  • OZ.

May 10, 2022 at 5:17 pm

As a game changing vehicle, the first vehicle is just an “Aptera” by Aptera. A future sedan may be a “Peoplehauler” by Aptera. Future variations of the “Aptera” may get some sort of designator or year tag. The color schemes are the color schemes, just like any other car maker has. Don’t get me started on what the Paradigm and Paradigm+ editions likely really are….

• gary-greenway

May 11, 2022 at 3:28 am

Internally and in some legal filings, Aptera called this “The Roadster”. But they decided to simplify and just refer to it as the Aptera. Paradigm and Paradigm+ are merely trim levels of the same model.

• matt-gleason

May 19, 2022 at 7:22 am

I’m not sure how popular this would be, but I love the fish-like look of the aptera, so Orca or Dolphin would be a great name for the 3 wheel model, Gray would be a good name for a sedan, and Blue would be good for a van.

• Russell

May 19, 2022 at 8:04 am

I like the names Apteryx, Raptor and Raven. But since I have a deposit on a Sol, Orca seems like a better fit.

• ROMAD

May 19, 2022 at 11:10 am

I’ll probably call mine “Helios” or “Aten-Re”

Page 1 of 2

or to reply.