Vehicle options (cont)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Vehicle options (cont)

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Vehicle options (cont)

• Vehicle options (cont)

Guy SKEER updated 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • duane voth

December 25, 2021 at 2:04 am

(1) As most folks are taller than I the choice to increase the Aptera body height for more headroom makes perfect sense … but since I’ve already hinted at custom seats … do you think think any of those smaller shells could be used in production? A lower center of gravity would be worth the loss of resale value. ???? (2) And I’m hoping disabling the rear drive wheel for longer range could be a simple panel option (or software update).

• Guy SKEER

December 25, 2021 at 5:19 am

I am Confident that the APTERA will become the New equivalent of the present day Prius. That Said, I’ll bet that when that happens, there will soon thereafter come into being Carbon-Fiber Custom Seating Shells made. Eking out another Inch or Three of Head-/Hip-/and Leg-Room Will be welcome, along with some Weight Savings. I would look for some surround of occupant Head and Neck, because, as light as the APTERA is, G-Forces might be a bit higher when T-Boned behind the Front Wheel/Suspension.

I would hope that if the “Disable a Motor” ability is brought into being, that “Disable Two Motors” would also happen. Then You could Limp Home, no matter which Failed.

I wonder, though, if Disabling any Motor wouldn’t give rise to Lesser Range, due to increased I-Squared R Losses. You’re still be carrying the Weight of Three HubMotors… The Remaining Driving Motor(s) would live at Higher average Currents for Longer Accel/Decel Times, and would be shouldering the Aerodynamic Load ‘mongst the remaining Driver Motor(s)…

For Options Not Yet offered, I will Pay Mightily for an Air- (or Other Scheme) Variable Ride Height Add-on, to compare with the Hydrodynamic Arrangement found on The Citroen DS19. Combine that with a Collapseable “Chock” (maybe has to be Two Possible Heights and Curvatures Capable) and some “Hard Points” Beneath the Car, You can Pick Up Any Wheel to change out/repair a Tire! Pointed out by several here, Being able to Get “Up on Tippy-Toe” would Narrow the Front Track by a Few inches for Garaging/Trailering.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now