Vestigial Side Mirror/Cameras with LED Amber Turn Signals

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Vestigial Side Mirror/Cameras with LED Amber Turn Signals

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Vestigial Side Mirror/Cameras with LED Amber Turn Signals

• Vestigial Side Mirror/Cameras with LED Amber Turn Signals

• James Gatan

July 19, 2022 at 8:56 pm

I was thinking, why not just move the front facing amber turn signal assembly, from the top of front wheel pants, and integrate it with the small “vestigial” side mirror/cameras (front facing LED ambers)?

Would that simplify and shorten the electrical wiring connections vs the current set up (wirings thru the front wheel suspension arms to top of wheel pants/amber light assembly)?

It will also solve the missing front turn signal issue, for those who would like to drive the Aptera, in “wheel pant free” mode (i.e. true off roading).

• Riley ________________________________

July 19, 2022 at 11:00 pm

I believe the wheel pants lights are meant to indicate vehicle width. If you swap out the wheel pants for standard fenders it should be fairly easy to add on new lights.

• Steven G. Bueche

July 20, 2022 at 4:57 am

The location of the turn signal light may be dictated by many state regulations. Most give the location of all lights on a car/motorcycle/autocycle to include the height of the third brake light.

There’s no going around this.

I like them just the way they are. They’ll be bright and show the width of the Aptera and show a bit of bling when in operation. If you look at the overhead view of the Aptera you can clearly see the third brake light by the rear view camera.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now