What if Out Of Service and has to be towed?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What if Out Of Service and has to be towed?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What if Out Of Service and has to be towed?

• What if Out Of Service and has to be towed?

EVservices .us updated 7 months ago 5 Members · 7 Posts
  • Cosme Tome Melendez

November 3, 2021 at 1:02 pm

Guys, I am figuring what is going on if my Aptera if for any reason it is out of service on the road, highway due low battery charge, a failure, or a simple break down that allows moving on its own wheels, etc. but need been pulled with a leach or rope from another helping driver?

Does the Aptera ‘s nose has a pulley eye, or a threated base where install a hook or something similar? I had not seen anything in forum, discussions or either videos.

Thank you for reading!

• Peter Jorgensen

November 3, 2021 at 3:03 pm
  • Cosme Tome Melendez

November 4, 2021 at 1:56 pm

@Peter Jorgensen, thank you very much very good, I will read it out so, maybe most of the questions I have in mind are ready responded, I appreciate!

• Guy SKEER

December 7, 2021 at 6:12 pm

Towing

Can it be Towed and Charge by regeneration? Unoccupied? Will BMS and Drive Soft/Hardware have that Feature/Mode available?

• my_discord_number_is_0328 bloody stupid

December 7, 2021 at 8:06 pm

adapting motor to screw into average trailer? current motor is heavy, probably requires suspension unlike whats in a average trailer or else motor damage.

• Guy SKEER

December 8, 2021 at 4:13 am

Hmmm – @my Discord… : I guess I was Too Terse in My Query.

What I was asking was: If an operational Aptera is Flat towed (all three wheels on the Road Surface), Can it Regenerate to charge its battery? Is the Software/Hardware capable of this “Enhancement”? I guess it would require a “Sense” signal from the Braking system of the Tow Vehicle, in order not to be Like a Mule that Refuses to be led away. Maybe Lightest level of Regeneration most of the time, but going to Full/Heavy Regeneration when the Brakes of the Tow Vehicle are Applied Until the Batteries are full.

Makes me wonder about Regenerative Braking when the Batteries are Full: Is there a Resistive “Dissipator” Bank that absorbs Regenerated Electricity when the Battery (Cue Scotty Doohan’s Voice): “She canna take any More, Jim”?

• EVservices .us

December 8, 2021 at 5:23 am

There will likely be a freewheel mode, for such towing situations.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now