I would like to see

Electric seating adjustments

Electric steering wheel adjustments

Cool interior mood lighting with ability to change the colors

A star lit headliner option

Night vision option

Heads up display

Parking assist

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Norman Roberts.
    • This discussion was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  bbelcamino.
    WesMan replied 1 day, 4 hours ago 69 Members · 91 Replies
  • 91 Replies
  • Interior design and options

WesMan updated 1 day, 4 hours ago 69 Members · 91 Replies
  • john-malcom

October 26, 2021 at 7:50 pm

The mantra of Aptera is efficiency. That means keeping the weight down as well as the aerodynamics. I would want no additional options that would add unnecessary weight or in any way detract from the efficiency of the vehicle or delay production or make the production cycle longer. And nothing that would increase the base model price.

Owners can add so many things after purchase to personalize.

I know this topic is a fun topic for us as we know that what is in the engineering design of Beta is what we will get in iteration 1.0

I know, old person buzz kill

• Roshiyu

October 27, 2021 at 12:40 am

Let’s see. The Glowgo is confirmed, so I would like programmable RGB to chose our colour, instead of the default green.

The option to choose which metallic highlight we prefer in the interior. Coast and Codex both come with silver, while Vida is copper(Would love the copper with Coast).

And I think the rest you covered. 😛

• WesMan

April 22, 2024 at 12:45 pm

Yes 🤞hopefully an eventual option.

• joshua-caldwell

October 27, 2021 at 5:39 am

Round steering wheel

Heated Mirrors and Seat

Cupholders (haven’t seen any in the Alphas thus far)

USB & round electric ports (I don’t remember what they’re called since not used as cigarette lighters anymore)

* I not only use this for phone charging, but to keep my cooler active.

Night Vision (we have a ton of deer in the area)

Heads up display

* The last two are not practical since not common, but would be nice

• devonte-graham

October 27, 2021 at 5:43 am

I agree, would definitely like cup holders and yes i have a lot of deer in my area too, my mom actually hit one last year. We have a lot of dark backroads with no street lights.

• peter-jorgensen

October 27, 2021 at 8:14 am

Aptera will come up with a reasonable package for interior options. As for myself I’ll add some extra things aftermarket if they aren’t included. The short list for me is as follows:

Blackvue cloud dashcam with parking mode (if Aptera doesn’t have this already)

Heated steering wheel (Maybe already included)

Heated seats (Already included apparently)

A HUD to display speed

A “boombox” soundboard based on canbus data so it can sound like the bubbleship from Oblivion or a jetsons car (For fun).

Possibly extra interior lighting

A black curtain behind the seats so I can stealth camp in the trunk – and also have trunk contents out of sight.

1000W inverter for running power tools, etc (Already included?)

Spare tire storage

• curtis-cibinel

October 27, 2021 at 9:46 am

Blackvue cloud dashcam with parking mode (if Aptera doesn’t have this already)
      Ignoring the brand name this is essentially Tesla sentry mode. Given all the cameras I would hope this can be included or added via software.

Heated steering wheel (Maybe already included)
      Very likely included if they want to minimize use of cabin heating – not sure

Heated seats (Already included apparently)

99% sure they mentioned this in a Q&A – again minimizing cabin heating for efficiency

A HUD to display speed
      Hopefully doable with 3rd party. If we have an OBDII port these are about $50 on amazon and some have basic functions like speed with just internal GPS. I didnt realize these existed and now know what I’m getting my dad for christmas 🙂

A “boombox” soundboard based on canbus data so it can sound like the bubbleship from Oblivion or a jetsons car (For fun).
      Lol fart noises…. The infotainment controller is plenty powerful so this is kinda a nice to have feature or openness which was discussed in another thread. Having this kind of option directly in the infotainment software is possible but would not be something I would expect for a few years given priorities / engineering budgets.

Possibly extra interior lighting
      This is a fairly easy 3rd party thing to add

A black curtain behind the seats so I can stealth camp in the trunk – and also have trunk contents out of sight.
      The pet kit will obviously need an anchor point for the net so this should be relatively easy to add

1000W inverter for running power tools, etc (Already included?)
      This is often called V2L and I’m fairly sure they planned on this. not sure about 1000W but I would expect far more than the 100W I have on my current ICE car.

Spare tire storage
      They have said that more physical space exists under the current floor. It would be great to have an option for a spare but the more common approach is carrying a compressor and can tire goop. Spare tires are very rare in modern cars. Given the very low overall weight this would be a ton to add but I know people that are very uncomfortable without a spare.

• john-malcom

October 27, 2021 at 2:04 pm

Heated seats, steering wheel, cup holders are in. Manual adjusted seats only. No power adjusted steering wheel. No 1000W inverter. The rest unknown until we get a complete features list from Aptera.

Many of these things can be third party it looks like.

• tom-friend

October 29, 2021 at 12:13 pm

Separate switches for seat/back on the seat heaters.

Android Auto

Type C USB charge connection with 15+W charge current

• OZ.

October 30, 2021 at 2:38 pm

Small item, not sure if it’s been mentioned. Would like to see the visors have an extendable slat, or as others I’ve had, be able to slide out on its mounting arm, to block that little bit of light, that’s always in your eyes.

• fanfare-100

October 31, 2021 at 8:43 pm

Imagine if the centre arm console were to be made just a tad wider and then when you lifted it up it would turn into a smaller centre 3rd seat?

• g-johns

November 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm

I don’t want anything other than what they give me.

I’ve been driving from before a/c and 2 speed automatics (D-L). Three speed on the column, floor starter pedals, hood vents, manual steering, recaps. So whatever I get will be fantabulos and enjoyed.

But I’ve decided I will name it.

With some type of glow paint I’m going to have GALAXIE 500 stencilled on it in rememberence of fond teenage memories.

Just saying.

• ryan-carter

November 27, 2021 at 5:42 pm

AC, Heat pump (not resistive heater), Cupholders (with clearance above for tall travel mugs), Heated seats, Heated headlight covers (one can dream), GPS navigation, and, of coarse, a Trunk Monkey (bonus points if you get the reference)

• donald-daniels

December 6, 2021 at 9:25 am

I would like a good quality Terrestrial radio receiver with AM/FM and the new Digital format receiver. My understanding is they are planning on just going with web. Want to be able to listen to my Classical music station. Active noise canceling could be a software OTA upgrade later on, let’s start getting the vehicles out the door.

• Aatheus

December 8, 2021 at 6:01 pm

For myself, A/C and high power USB ports are essential. Gotta keep cool and keep the phone charged.

A wireless phone charging pad would be nice for future-proofing; my current phone does not support it, but my next one will.

Some strip lighting around the interior would be nice.

At least two 10A 12v socket; one for phone charging, one for a low-power inverter

Built-in 120v inverter

• Shawgrin

December 12, 2021 at 7:40 pm

There is a lot to be said for minimalist, less distractions from switches, screens and other lighted items. Much easier to focus on the road and situational awareness. On the other hand, Mercedes has had a excellent night driving feature nearly 10 years. Aptera is designed with daylight driving in mind. When I raced cars it was nice to be able to control most aspects manually if needed. Your average driver does not even use climate control properly and so certain vent/HVAC combinations have been taken away from the vehicle operators. Same reason manual transmissions are not the norm anymore. Colored interior lighting is fun, does add weight to the vehicle. I see the Aptera as a CRX or Miata, a sports vehicle with great acceleration and handling characteristics. With only the basics like HVAC, head lights on with wiper activation, cameras in the sides, front and rear. The cameras could have options other than just vision (i.e. automatic recording on an impact or motion when not moving) added to them at a later point.

• samantha-henderson

January 4, 2022 at 6:33 am

Please include an option to increase seating vs. storage, etc. Single mom with two kids here – even one more seat would make a huge difference. Consider Mom and Dad with one kid or dog… Really need a minimum of 3 seats if you can’t fit in 4. PLEASE!~!!

• Fran

January 4, 2022 at 7:46 am

Copied from my comments in Aptera passenger and cargo limits forum:

I once had eight people in the front (only) seats of my Porsche 914. I many times drove with three comfortably in the 914. The seats were about as far apart as those in the Aptera, but in the Porsche there was no tall armrest in the middle. I’m sure that armrest/cup holder/compartment can come out (with a saws-all if needed) and be replaced with a nice cushion like the Porsche 914 had. Yeah the passenger would have to share the foot space with the other passenger and couldn’t be the tallest one in the car (sitting on the hump that’s left after removing the arm rest), but I’m sure a kid would be just fine if you install a third seat belt.

I’m retired but I still sometimes transport my daughter and friend in my two seat 2000 Honda Insight. And there is an armrest in that car. It’s not quite legal without a separate seat belt, but you have to catch me to ticket me.

• Ben

January 17, 2022 at 12:23 am

I would like to have a HUD, Android Auto and Apple Carplay, A removable divider between the front and cargo space to keep the heat or chill the people area, It will then heat or cool that space much faster.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Bernard Dubuc.
  • Fran

January 17, 2022 at 3:01 pm

Bernard, You could buy a sheet of foil backed insulation board from Lowes or Home Depot and cut it to fit in the cargo area as a divider. If you want to dress it up you could cover it with cloth material. I’d probably choose Denim. The insulation board should only weigh a pound or two. If you have full solar you don’t need to see back there anyway. If you don’t have full solar and want to see back there you can get some 1/8″ thick Lexan (clear polycarbonate) instead of the insulation board.

• Trekkie

January 19, 2022 at 2:50 pm

I would just like to speak as a 50 year old person who is 5’10 married to a 49 year old who is 5’3.

Electric seats, and ones that ‘easy entry’ (when you get out goes all the way back) are an almost must have. I drove the bolt (2017) for three years and it had manual seats. Maybe when I was younger it wasn’t as hard but for some reason when I commit myself to getting into a car and the seat is in 5’3″ mode I get stuck, and a few times couldn’t reach the dang bar under the seat.

So for me, electric seats are a must have item, and not ‘adds weight’.

Honestly I’d like a great sound system attached to a screen that works with CarPlay and Android Auto for the sound system, don’t waste time making your own design, just put a nice sized screen (10 ” or so) and wireless CarPlay/android Auto and call it a day. I loved that about my bolt. It had a basic AM/FM radio but you plugged in your phone and it handed it all off.

Then you can just put your design work into a CarPlay app that lets me gather data on the functions.

Better yet, open up (but fully authenticated) various levels of REST API in that above mentioned system so that your community can build web and phone apps for you. Could even charge for the ‘gold’ level of data and turn it into a revenue stream, would help towards right to repair. Of the current auto guys Tesla ‘kinda’ opens up the data but they could close that at any time as they don’t officially support it.

I get as a company you gotta ship some cars, but for me the electric seat part is a must have, especially with its unique entry method that I’m excited about as well. Just hope I can use it, again not the most flexible anymore, have problems getting into a Taycan or a Audi etron GT

• jacob-schmugge

February 18, 2022 at 11:43 am

I seem to be in good company that I like the minimalist interior and efficiency (and out the factory door price) should be key. However, things like heated and automated seats should be an option down the road in newer versions. One thing I ask: any convenience options that add weight or power draw should advertise the impact on energy usage or added weight when choosing such options.

Other important features for me concern connectivity to and from the infotainment system and power system. I would like the monitor to be swappable with a standard monitor (HDMI/Display Port) plug to offer upgrades later. An E-ink screen would be ideal in my opinion and I scrolled past someone else feeling the same way. It would be more expensive than a similar size screen at 15 inches, but the power saving and night glare reduction would be very useful. They make color E-ink screens as well but that technology is still growing it’s legs.

USB plugs to charge personal devices is a must, but it would also be nice to have a plug inside the vehicle for auxiliary charging from an emergency battery, or if someone wanted to increase range by augmenting existing 12/24v solar charging systems.

Next, and I almost want to give this is own thread to grab attention, I would like the placement of the side and rear view monitors to be on the dash above the steering wheel. I don’t know if there are rules that prevent having screens on that spot, but placement isn’t necessary to reflect light at the right angle, so don’t need to be in their traditional spots, except some people might not be able to wrap their head around not looking where they’ve always looked. I think it would be safer to keep your eyes forward by having all those views directly ahead.

• michael-geer

February 18, 2022 at 2:13 pm

Heated seats definitely

• tom-shafer

February 18, 2022 at 3:35 pm

At this stage, I have no deal-breakers as far as interior. I know that Android Auto/Apple CarPlay will not likely be in the first release of infotainment, and I’m okay with it as a future update. I’m still hoping that a display immediately in front of the driver (or a HUD) might be considered for speed and important status information. Again, not a deal-breaker, just nice to have.

I’m also seeing comments from both (Tesla) yoke lovers and yoke haters. I haven’t driven the yoke, but the videos I’ve seen in action make me not a fan of them. Your current “squashed” steering wheel, I believe, is a compromise I can live with.

Speaking of updates, are OTA (over-the-air) updates planned for the Aptera software?

• jim-newcomb

February 19, 2022 at 8:46 pm

I would like 1) seamless carplay integration, 2) electric adjustable seats, 3) noise cancelling would be awesome (saw it here, and I love it), 4) I would love to have the screen be more flush/integrated, 5) comfortable seats with a useable lumbar adjustment (most are crap), 6) wireless charging for phones and devices, 7) a HUD and 8) remote heating for winter in the Midwest—-we get damn cold up here!

I agree that leds in the roof liner would be awesome especially for camping.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Jim Newcomb.
  • joshua-caldwell

February 25, 2022 at 2:33 pm

An idea from my Cadillac that I wish more cars had. A sun visor that not only swivels, but also can slide out by several inches.

• luke

February 28, 2022 at 5:47 pm

Mat options would be nice. Especially all weather rubber mats.

Page 1 of 3

or to reply.