What is an Aptera Right-to-repair wiki going to look like?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What is an Aptera Right-to-repair wiki going to look like?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What is an Aptera Right-to-repair wiki going to look like?

• What is an Aptera Right-to-repair wiki going to look like?

• George Hughes

February 22, 2022 at 8:27 pm

This, of course, presumes a wiki for this purpose. It is actually a pretty good fit; the wiki being a digital form of the encyclopedia.

And right to repair is basically a concept that says that the company will seek to use common tools for repair and share information on various aspects of the vehicle allowing one to repair or possibly even improve their personal vehicle. Right to repair is part consumer friendly movement and part slogan but I’m personally unaware of any particular successful manifestation of the concept.

So let me suggest this as a starting point: The Aptera right to repair wiki, which is simply the suggestion that Aptera start from this point to compiling in a usable digital format, an all-encompassing knowledge base. This information is ‘around’ all complex manufactured products but the Right to Repair provides the imperative to openly publish this data in encyclopedic organization online.

By expanding to the wiki format, it becomes easy to incorporate content such as a “How to remove and replace doors” or change a tire video … the same stuff you’ve seen on youtube.

It could become the place to look for ‘qualified’ repair centers in various states, territories and even overseas.

The hardware section of the wiki might go so far as to include 3-D printing instructions for trim pieces or other parts, connectors, etc.

The point is addressing right to repair is a complex job and I don’t know if there is even an example for any product.

That means that however this necessary documentary resource is brought to market, it becomes the model on which all other similar efforts are derived.

My gut is there are folks out there in the consumer movement that have the credentials and interest to play head wiki librarian for the world’s first right to repair site. Sounds to me like there maybe some money out there for, say a doctoral candidate in library science with this as their project.

Depending on the timing of the IPO, a significant effort is this area that seeks to be a public rallying point for right to repair values in the flesh.

I mean it is totally ‘possible’ to connect the wifi from the Aptera with access to its programming to the net including one’s own computer/phone/laptop/tablet/watch/implant. We’ve all seen and probably used the troubleshooter on our personal computers … imagine the same access to diagnostic apps as you would have through your computer to your Aptera through the right to repair wiki.

And wouldn’t it be so cool if the videos and all those diagnostic apps, etc. were were available to invoke right there on the Aptera’s screen 🙂

Viewing 1 of 1 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now