What is the status of suspension development

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What is the status of suspension development

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What is the status of suspension development

• What is the status of suspension development

Kayleigh Venne updated 4 months ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • Peter Dezendorf

March 4, 2022 at 6:27 am

I suppose I am like some others concerned with how Aptera will ride. Of course, the suspension is big part of the ride. The type of suspension and how it is tuned is critical. Especially as Aptera is so light. Lightness by itself, however, doesn’t mean a bad ride.

For 20 years I rode motorcycles (sold my last one in 2019). Mostly BMW, but I had a few Ducatis. One Ducati I bought used was great, except the ride was not good. I messed the parameters, but I couldn’t get it tuned in. I went to a local dealership (Duc Pond in Winchester, VA). They worked on the bike for about an hour. Wow! The bike rode great!

So, what is the status of suspension development?

• Ray Holan

March 4, 2022 at 7:23 am

Hi, Peter. Since the engineering dept. only recently deployed their survey of Aptera reservation holders, I assume it will be a while before we hear anything definitive about suspension tuning. Perhaps not until Fall of 2022 when we are closer to actual production Apterae rolling out of the factory. I assume there are several tunings being considered. One would be a compromise between highway cruising and off-road travel. That would be a challenge. Another would be to provide buyers with a choice of tunings: regular and “sport” or “off-road”. This probably won’t be offered as it might complicate the manufacturing process. My blue-sky option would be a magneto-what-you-call-it that automatically adjusts in nanoseconds to different road conditions. Very unlikely.

• Fanfare 100

March 4, 2022 at 9:17 am

At some future time I can only imagine a software-defined auto-tunes suspension based on what it foresees as the road conditions lying ahead.

• Kayleigh Venne

Administrator
    March 4, 2022 at 11:05 am

Hi Peter! Happy Friday.

As usual, the Aptera Team appreciates your curiosity. 💚 Thank you for asking us about this. We understand that you’re looking for more information about the ride of the vehicle and the Aptera Team looks forward to providing it. We’re confident that our production-ready vehicles will provide a smooth ride. We recently took our beta out to the track to test a few things, including the suspension, and you can learn a little more about the results here – https://aptera.us/beta-hits-the-track-for-vehicle-dynamics-testing/

We look forward to providing more concrete information in time! Thank you for your patience and for being a part of the solar mobility movement.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Kayleigh Venne. Reason: Fixed a typo!

Beta Hits the Track for Vehicle Dynamics Testing

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now