What sort of cargo anchors in the back?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What sort of cargo anchors in the back?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What sort of cargo anchors in the back?

• What sort of cargo anchors in the back?

• Crissa Kentavr

January 12, 2022 at 9:57 pm

There’s almost an unprecedented amount of cargo space in a two-seater. And now I’m wondering how I’ll keep stuff from sliding around, coming forward, etc. when driving? I know that many cars I’ve had haven’t had much in the way of tie-downs and anchors… I would really like some in the floor of the cargo area, so I can really strap down, put up dividers, whatever I need. I want to be able to strap in a pet carrier, for instance.

What sort of anchors are being thought of?

-Crissa

• Riley ________________________________

January 13, 2022 at 2:02 am

The only information I’ve heard were the potential for deeper compartments under the main cargo deck. If there is no strap down anchors it wouldn’t be difficult to add them.

• Len Nowak

January 13, 2022 at 4:04 am

No real specific specs but YES plenty of aftermarket possibilities to explore.. Even bungie net amd secure against back of seats. I owned a few hatch back cars and use various aftermarket solutions and we haven’t seen what they have planned for the Pet kit,which may offer more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Audra

Administrator
    January 14, 2022 at 9:36 am

Hi Crissa,

You make a great point. We will account for this! We plan to offer a cargo net and dividers to shield between the luggage space and the cabin to prevent any objects from easily moving around. And to have tie down hooks included in the cargo area. Please stay tuned for updates! 🙂

• Curtis Cibinel

January 14, 2022 at 4:42 pm

Thanks Audra. Great to see more official replies lately. The cargo area of the aptera is a huge advantage and keeping things from sliding is important. Hoping for a minimum of 4 tie points but a rail like Riley posted (and is on my current car) would be a huge bonus.

• Lord Chad Dunham

January 15, 2022 at 5:51 am

I wouldn’t want to have anything built in (at least on the cargo floor) from the factory. Not that I plan on doing much camping in the Aptera, but I may do some since it has the tent option. It would make for a horrible nights sleep with a D-Ring or metal strip in the back.

• Lou Verner

January 15, 2022 at 7:38 am

Chad, I would think most logical placement of D-rings would be on side panels. I think you will be able to “rest in peace”, if you so choose.

• Lord Chad Dunham

January 15, 2022 at 12:50 pm

Resting in peace is the plan when camping. I’m more concerned about resting in comfort.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now