What will you keep in your aptera?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What will you keep in your aptera?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What will you keep in your aptera?

• What will you keep in your aptera?

• Efrain Goody

August 4, 2022 at 7:11 pm

Do you like a perfectly clean car, or do you tend to keep things in your car for handy access at any time? If so, what kinds of things do you consider necessary?

I plan to keep a spare wheel, as I drive on gravel roads a lot, and have had flats several times since moving here. I also carry a hiking backpack with basic survival gear. I plan to also carry several solar panels to help extend the aptera’s solar for when I am camping far from a charger. Of course, a small tool kit will also be required. I think that I could get all of that down to below 150 lbs. Then there’s my every day stuff that I need for work such as computer bag, water, change of clothes, boots, tools, etc.. I’ll be close to the 300lb recommended cargo weight sometimes, but I really won’t need much more than that, so I’m happy.

• OZ (It’s OZ, Just OZ)

August 4, 2022 at 7:19 pm

My smilin’ face and happy butt.

• John Malcom

August 4, 2022 at 7:24 pm

👍 me too.. That is two happy butts

• Efrain Goody

August 4, 2022 at 7:25 pm

Lol, nice.

• kerbe2705

August 4, 2022 at 8:10 pm

@Efrain Goody “keep” as in “permanently store” or “keep” as in “carry when necessary”? Having endured multiple break-ins over the years I keep NOTHING visible in cars…

• Efrain Goody

August 7, 2022 at 4:22 am

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I live in rural central America, so that’s not much of an issue for me. A lot of folks here don’t even lock their houses when they leave. Also, I don’t imagine that it’ll be very easy to see what’s in the back with the full solar option.

• Kevin Bradbury

August 4, 2022 at 8:26 pm

Pencil and a ruled pad to keep track of my power usage and solar gains early on till I get to know my new baby

Phone charger

Tire plug kit and inflator

Windshield shade

Umbrella

Flashlight

Multitool

First aid kit

• seth feldman

August 4, 2022 at 10:13 pm

water, food camping supplies, tool kit, Full size spare tire/tire patches. Roadside service card just incase I’m near enough to a road/cell service for them to find and drag me to a repair shop when I inevitably break something

• Lane Costilow

August 4, 2022 at 10:19 pm

I keep a car fairly empty: just sunshades that fit over my eyeglasses, a spare tire/jack, and window shades. I don’t leave my registration or insurance card in the car, it’s on me, so I’m the only one that can prove it’s mine. Otherwise —

In town: music

Nearby towns: music, bottle of water or coffee

Long-distance: music, overnight bag, water and coffee, snacks

• Steve Wanamaker

August 5, 2022 at 12:21 am

These items are in order of importance:

Tool to get the wheel pants off (will replace tool-less fasteners if any). I don’t want someone stealing my pants!

Plug kit, Multitool, inflator, paper towels. All this wrapped in something that I can kneel/lie down on under the car.

Some kind of iPhone mount + charger for the dash to the left of the center screen (absolutely required).

Insulated water bottle with ice water.

Extra glasses/sun glasses.

Hand sanitizer

Box o Kleenex

Very small first aid kit

For longer trips:

Small plug-in cooler. No adding ice!

Pillow, Mattress pad, blanket so I can pull off and rest.

Jacket

Camping gear

• Efrain Goody

August 7, 2022 at 4:30 am

Good point on replacing tool-less fasteners. Depending on the cost of replacements, I’ll probably do the same. I am also with you on the cooler. I’ve been wanting to get a little 12V one, but I’ll have to upgrade my solar system first (right now I’m using a single foldable panel and a mini jackery battery.)

• Matthew Modesitt

August 5, 2022 at 11:21 am

This is not the answer you were looking for! I would like to see Aptera work with WeatherTech to provide floor protection for us in the snow belt. We track a lot of what’s outside of our vehicles inside with us. I don’t want to damage the floor if it can be helped.

• Richard Mitchell

August 6, 2022 at 7:26 pm

An excellent suggestion! WeatherTech is great protection!

• Selvan Poothamby

August 6, 2022 at 12:55 pm

As usual, the very minimum, including a can of inflate a flat.

• Russell Fauver

August 6, 2022 at 1:40 pm

Month old banana peel, empty nab cracker wrappers, stray Starbucks cups rolling around the floor, assorted Cliff bars, left overs from Chik-fil-A… pretty much all the same stuff I carry in my current EV.

• Bob Kirchner

August 6, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Are you me?

Seriously with an Aptera I’m going to need to be a LOT more diligent about not letting the compost pile up .

At least I likely won’t need to carry a complete tool kit with me everywhere. Driving a 17 year old VW it’s a basic necessity.

I also won’t need to bring along the bag of rope, bag of bungies, and bag of ratchet straps I have along for when I rack or tow things, since I won’t expect the Aptera to fill that role.

I’ll probably try to find a smaller portable freezer than my current one. Mini Spare, light weight jack, and lug wrench, and I’m good to go. Throw in a sleeping bag for winter travel emergencies.

That should leave some space for the doggo and a bit of luggage.

Oh yeah, and my spouse. He gets a bit indignant when I leave him behind.

• This reply was modified 1 day, 14 hours ago by  Bob Kirchner.
    • Efrain Goody

August 7, 2022 at 4:32 am

Lol, same. I clean out my car regularly, but the junk always seems to pile up faster than you’d think possible.

• Pistonboy Delux

August 7, 2022 at 2:33 pm

An adaptor so I can charge at non-tesla chargers when away from home.

• Steven G. Bueche

August 8, 2022 at 4:17 am

I’ll and attach a spare tire mount for the spare, emergency road kit, emergency Med Kit and sun glasses. Oh, and an autograph book for those who think I’m a rock star and to give out my referral number. lol

• Che McKittrick

August 8, 2022 at 6:07 am

My daily driver is usually a cluttered mess while my “fun” car is fairly clean. I don’t care much about my daily so I don’t bother keeping it clean but the Aptera will be my daily so here’s hoping I’ll keep it clean as possible.

Viewing 1 - 13 of 13 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now