What will you keep in your aptera?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What will you keep in your aptera?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What will you keep in your aptera?

• What will you keep in your aptera?

Posted by efra on August 4, 2022 at 7:11 pm

Do you like a perfectly clean car, or do you tend to keep things in your car for handy access at any time? If so, what kinds of things do you consider necessary?

I plan to keep a spare wheel, as I drive on gravel roads a lot, and have had flats several times since moving here. I also carry a hiking backpack with basic survival gear. I plan to also carry several solar panels to help extend the aptera’s solar for when I am camping far from a charger. Of course, a small tool kit will also be required. I think that I could get all of that down to below 150 lbs. Then there’s my every day stuff that I need for work such as computer bag, water, change of clothes, boots, tools, etc.. I’ll be close to the 300lb recommended cargo weight sometimes, but I really won’t need much more than that, so I’m happy.

UnidentifiedDrivingObject replied 1 year, 8 months ago 15 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • What will you keep in your aptera?

• OkieKev

August 4, 2022 at 8:26 pm

Pencil and a ruled pad to keep track of my power usage and solar gains early on till I get to know my new baby

Phone charger

Tire plug kit and inflator

Windshield shade

Umbrella

Flashlight

Multitool

First aid kit

• kevin-yu

August 9, 2022 at 4:37 pm

We have similar list of item but I would add the following:

a lightweight rain poncho

a space blanket (sometimes comes with First Aid Kits)

a small bottle of Water (used as emergency drinking/washing/coolant/wiper fluid)

a can of Tire Slime (granted you already listed Tire Plug Kit but I have never actually use one before)

• seth

August 4, 2022 at 10:13 pm

water, food camping supplies, tool kit, Full size spare tire/tire patches. Roadside service card just incase I’m near enough to a road/cell service for them to find and drag me to a repair shop when I inevitably break something

• Lane-Costilow

August 4, 2022 at 10:19 pm

I keep a car fairly empty: just sunshades that fit over my eyeglasses, a spare tire/jack, and window shades. I don’t leave my registration or insurance card in the car, it’s on me, so I’m the only one that can prove it’s mine. Otherwise —

In town: music

Nearby towns: music, bottle of water or coffee

Long-distance: music, overnight bag, water and coffee, snacks

• SteveW

August 5, 2022 at 12:21 am

These items are in order of importance:

Tool to get the wheel pants off (will replace tool-less fasteners if any). I don’t want someone stealing my pants!

Plug kit, Multitool, inflator, paper towels. All this wrapped in something that I can kneel/lie down on under the car.

Some kind of iPhone mount + charger for the dash to the left of the center screen (absolutely required).

Insulated water bottle with ice water.

Extra glasses/sun glasses.

Hand sanitizer

Box o Kleenex

Very small first aid kit

For longer trips:

Small plug-in cooler. No adding ice!

Pillow, Mattress pad, blanket so I can pull off and rest.

Jacket

Camping gear

• efra

August 7, 2022 at 4:30 am

Good point on replacing tool-less fasteners. Depending on the cost of replacements, I’ll probably do the same. I am also with you on the cooler. I’ve been wanting to get a little 12V one, but I’ll have to upgrade my solar system first (right now I’m using a single foldable panel and a mini jackery battery.)

• Matt

August 5, 2022 at 11:21 am

This is not the answer you were looking for! I would like to see Aptera work with WeatherTech to provide floor protection for us in the snow belt. We track a lot of what’s outside of our vehicles inside with us. I don’t want to damage the floor if it can be helped.

• Sam

August 6, 2022 at 12:55 pm

As usual, the very minimum, including a can of inflate a flat.

• Russell

August 6, 2022 at 1:40 pm

Month old banana peel, empty nab cracker wrappers, stray Starbucks cups rolling around the floor, assorted Cliff bars, left overs from Chik-fil-A… pretty much all the same stuff I carry in my current EV.

• 993cc

August 6, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Are you me?

Seriously with an Aptera I’m going to need to be a LOT more diligent about not letting the compost pile up .

At least I likely won’t need to carry a complete tool kit with me everywhere. Driving a 17 year old VW it’s a basic necessity.

I also won’t need to bring along the bag of rope, bag of bungies, and bag of ratchet straps I have along for when I rack or tow things, since I won’t expect the Aptera to fill that role.

I’ll probably try to find a smaller portable freezer than my current one. Mini Spare, light weight jack, and lug wrench, and I’m good to go. Throw in a sleeping bag for winter travel emergencies.

That should leave some space for the doggo and a bit of luggage.

Oh yeah, and my spouse. He gets a bit indignant when I leave him behind.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Bob Kirchner.
  • Pistonboy

August 7, 2022 at 2:33 pm

An adaptor so I can charge at non-tesla chargers when away from home.

• steven-g-bueche

August 8, 2022 at 4:17 am

I’ll and attach a spare tire mount for the spare, emergency road kit, emergency Med Kit and sun glasses. Oh, and an autograph book for those who think I’m a rock star and to give out my referral number. lol

• che-mckittrick

August 8, 2022 at 6:07 am

My daily driver is usually a cluttered mess while my “fun” car is fairly clean. I don’t care much about my daily so I don’t bother keeping it clean but the Aptera will be my daily so here’s hoping I’ll keep it clean as possible.

• mark-salyzyn

August 9, 2022 at 6:01 pm

– Full set of service tools (I expect some will be Aptera issued) + jack

– Exped MegaMat Duo 10 sleeping pad 4″ mattress (still do not have dimensions of trunk)

– BougeRV 12v 28L portable refrigerator or equivalent, efficient phase change compressor.

– Single highest power that 115v plug in Aptera supports, Induction cooktop and enough cookware to make any meals I care.

– spare tire NB: Elaphe also takes 15″ rims too, lightest material, undersize tire. Will evaluate since it may affect camping experience. I used plugs and hand pump on my Goldwing, so not averse to that, but have had road hazard shred tires too leaving me in pretty rough place.

– lucky penny

• UnidentifiedDrivingObject

August 9, 2022 at 7:39 pm

I’d keep my Aptera as light as possible. No unnecessary crap that would add to the weight, but just the essentials.

The stock Aptera emergency flat tire kit & jack (included), a breaker bar/lug nut socket combo (superior to a typical lug nut wrench; have a set), torque wrench (for lug nuts; have it) a small tool kit (that I will assemble) and a first aid kit.

Finally, a lightweight set of front floor & trunk liners (WeatherTech DigitalFit type) and a premium front facing dash cam.

Oh btw, I’ll stash my auxiliary personal EV, the KS 16X electric unicycle inside the trunk on most times, plus full face downhill helmet, moto goggles, wrist glove guards, elbow/knee pads (for last mile/short errand trip use or while Aptera is parked/at charging station, if ever recharging is needed).

or to reply.