What will your first day with aptera be like?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What will your first day with aptera be like?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions What will your first day with aptera be like?

• What will your first day with aptera be like?

Bryan Bowes updated 7 months ago 23 Members · 26 Posts
  • Riley …

April 29, 2022 at 7:21 am

The day I took delivery of my 2021 tesla model 3 was spent looking over the entire car, asking the tesla tech a list of questions i found online, figuring out all the new features and installing all the extra bits I had ordered in advance such as floor mats, seat covers, screen protector ect.

Aptera is a brand new company shipping a car that has so many firsts for most people – 3 wheels, composite shell, in wheel motors, vinyl finnish and solar cells. I want to be prepared and am creating this post to better build in my mind what the day I take delivery of my aptera will entail.

What will your first day with your aptera look like?

• Tyler Fisher

April 29, 2022 at 8:24 am

First Day: Taking a lot of pictures! & playing around with all the settings/controls

First Week: Touring it around to show all my friends and family. πŸ™‚

• Wes Man

April 29, 2022 at 8:33 am

I guess it depends on if there’s any difference in the price between having it delivered, vs picking it up in Cali. If I pick it up in Cali, I plan on taking about a week to take the scenic route home. But if it’s delivered, I’ll probably do a bunch of local driving to hype the car up.

I definitely plan on working more from the various parks around me, instead of working from home.

• Dennis Swaney

April 29, 2022 at 8:57 am

Same here. If I have to go to Carlsbad to pick it up, it will be about a 400 mile, 7 hour trip back to Prescott. Since I plan on getting a 400 mile range, it’ll probably take most of the day just get home.

• Christopher Brisbois

April 29, 2022 at 9:09 am

Ditto, I’ll be making the drive to the East Valley. Who knows, maybe we’ll run into each other on the way back? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• Len Nowak

April 29, 2022 at 8:45 am

IMHO if you are not one of the first owners you have lots of pre ownership opportunities…

There will be Aptera public reveals, I imagine, before the Paradigms hit the roads.

Continued and probably ramped up podcasts

Once the production intend vehicles are crash tested I imagine maybe some will be allowed to drive in a safe test environment.

You will have all the Paradigm owner feedback in this community forum and others.

Who knows you may even be able to preview the Right to Repair manuals too before your time?!

I assume you follow all the present info and the nearly 500 FAQ , which gets updated when things progress to production and validation and the Aptera team grows

You can request to visit Aptera but with the new Carlsbad facility being retrofitted for production we may have be patient…

And with experiences like Sandy Munro around… We all should be informed! No?

So you will be pretty well β€œbriefedβ€πŸ‘¨β€πŸŽ“…well before. And you already your present EV experience.πŸŽ‰. Your experiences will be great too to read

I don’t own an EV yet. I have a Level II charger in my charge, so I joined three EV clubs and attend many EV Zoom meetings β€œ to learn before I own” . I love Plug In America, Generation 180 Drive Electric national events and more. . Sure many club members have Teslas but there is a growing mix of other EV so this has been priceless for me.

I plan to bring a fellow Aptera Paradigm pre order owner to pick up his Aptera and follow him in his Aptera back home. There we be a debriefing!πŸ˜‰

I plan tri state Aptera trips before the cross country trips!

Congrats!

• kerbe2705

April 29, 2022 at 10:37 pm

@Leonard Nowak if you’re planning to install a Level 2 EVSE in your garage you might want to consider doing it sooner than later: Many electrical utilities offer nice rebates – but some have limited funding so it’s often “first come, first served”.

And I’m also fairly certain that electricians aren’t going to be lowering their hourly rates as the months go by… I had the 220V line installed while I was having the house rewired so it didn’t cost “extra” – and that’s usually the most expensive part of the process. When I installed the EVSE a year later, the electrician did the work in under 20 minutes and charged me $200. My utility gave me a $250 rebate for installation, so I put the extra $50 toward the cost of the EVSE – a fully-warranteed, factory-refurbished Siemens VersiCharge, purchased from Home Depot for about $150 less than “new”.

• Paul Kirchner

April 29, 2022 at 9:42 am

First day, get in at Carlsbad and drive home to Oakland. Hmmmm…. I5 no, 101?maybe or pick up the Pacific Coast Highway (1) at Morro Bay see the ocean the whole way home. Cali baby!

• GLENN ZAJIC

April 29, 2022 at 12:35 pm

Non-stop. OK, maybe a little instruction reading first.

• Bob Kirchner

April 29, 2022 at 4:44 pm

I hope I don’t have to pick it up in Carlsbad. That would be a 3700 mile drive home, and the flight out would cancel out the carbon savings from years of driving the Aptera. Hopefully they will offer a distribution point in Canada somewhere east of Northern Ontario.

• Patrick Liebknecht

April 29, 2022 at 8:18 pm

Explaining to my neighbors what it is … followed by trying to figure out how my new works without having a salesman explain it to me

• kerbe2705

April 29, 2022 at 10:48 pm

I’d actually LIKE to pick up my Aptera at the factory – perhaps even traveling cross-country by Amtrak (a bucket list item) to do so! I’d then use the “7-day, 1000-mile Return Policy” to drive up the PCH to visit friends in LA and SF.

If all goes well during THAT adventure, I’d drive the 1900 miles home, stopping to visit friends and family across the southwest – and as many Frank Lloyd Wright structures along the route as possible. Mr. Wright designed a very interesting automobile and I like to think he’d have found Aptera to his liking!

• Philip Raymond

April 29, 2022 at 11:48 pm

Aptera is about to get a gift from the many reservation holders who, no matter how far they live from California, will gladly drive (or fly or train) to Carlsbad to pick it up. That is what I plan to do, although I’m guessing mine will be built sometime in early 2024. Then drive up to L.A. and then get my kicks on route 66 to Chicago! My 60kwh Noir should handle it easily, but I’m looking forward to all of the dropped jaws along the way.

• John Malcom

April 30, 2022 at 6:44 am

I live in FL and will be following your example πŸ‘. I agree, many will. My drive will be Route 10 from LA east. Not quite as a glamorous as a Route 66 trip. Perhaps you remember the TV Show, Route 66 in a corvette. New era now with a super efficient EV. I reserved a Noir as well. A good test of the climate control for me and Aptera if I pickup in a summer month driving through the southern deserts.

• Ben From Cincinnati

April 30, 2022 at 6:43 pm

If I can pick up, I suppose I would make a trip of it back to Ohio where I live through Texas to visit family.

If I have to get it delivered, then I suppose I will just spend the next day checking my solar power charge at work all day and peer longingly out the window until work is done. (I’ll have to pay for it somehow!)

• Juan 911

April 30, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Well, it would be the first new vehicle I have ever purchased, so I’d see how it compares to the only car I’ve ever had, a Porsche 911 C4 (996). If it’s not fun to drive, yoke is too much of a hassle, and if the screens are bothersome, I’d look into returning (not sure how that works for deliveries). If everything turns out great, I would book an appointment to get the windows tinted due to the attention the vehicle would get. I’d definitely take a lot of photos and videos too. So excited for it to be released!

• Wes Man

May 3, 2022 at 9:46 am

I doubt you’ll have to return it. Just make a post in here somewhere and I’m sure someone will take it off your hands.

• Fanfare 100

April 30, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Well, it will probably take me an whole day to become acquainted. But following that, there are already 2 friends limned up that want to take it out for a spin. Then I want to take it off-roading, camping and cross-countrying, maybe a bit of cruising up and down main-street and going to EV-meet-ups and Energy Expos. Can’t wait!

• Kevin M Curley

May 1, 2022 at 10:36 am

First give her a bath. Then become one with her. Massage her. Give her a rub down. Lay on her. Lick her. Treat her like a queen. All the usual things a red blooded american male does with a new girlfriend.😍

• Eric Quinn

May 2, 2022 at 7:49 am

Obviously get to know it and understand it.

Most importantly drive to all my family and friends houses who think this is a joke.

#3 Its says free deliver when I put down my reservation.

its 3,000 miles from my house to Carlsbad.

• Joel Smith

May 2, 2022 at 11:14 am

I am a reluctant long distance traveler for various reasons, but I am seriously considering making an exception to that to go pick up my Aptera at the manufacturing site.

Firstly, tour the factory and have someone seriously in the know acquaint me with my new vehicle. Then really get to know the vehicle for a leisurely, week-or-so long drive back up the coast. Many sites to see along the way and relatives and friends to stop by to visit and show off the new ride to.

<font face=”inherit”>I anticipate having read and seen the accounts of many other </font>recipients<font face=”inherit”> before I get that chance so I will have much better notion of whether that is a good idea before I get my chance.</font>

• Morris Wilder

May 2, 2022 at 2:16 pm

On the first day, my Noir will be sitting in the driveway all day looking like this…

• Paul Kirchner

May 2, 2022 at 2:22 pm

That be throwin’ it down!

• Chinedu Onyejekwe

May 3, 2022 at 8:04 pm

Being patient and sitting myself down with the repair manual and confirming that I have everything I need to perform 75% of the necessary maintenance prior to me needing it, so I don’t feel caught off guard when the time comes. I’m pretty bad at maintenance with vehicles, so I’m hoping with this vehicle I’m able to finally break my lazy habit and keep it in like new condition on the inside and the outside through practice.

• Bryan Bowes

May 4, 2022 at 7:42 am

Drive it back home to Denver and then ponder the entire way home how to tell my neighbors this thing will be around for the next 40 years.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Bryan Bowes.
Viewing 1 - 19 of 19 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now