When 2023?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions When 2023?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions When 2023?

• When 2023?

Bruce Jankowitz updated 6 months ago 15 Members · 20 Posts
  • Peter Dezendorf

December 19, 2021 at 7:12 pm

My current delivery date is “2022.” Given the new change in production date, when does my delivery date change to “2023?”

I may drop out with that update.

• Richard Marks

December 19, 2021 at 8:31 pm

I’m just hoping that I am still alive for my delivery.

• kerbe2705

December 19, 2021 at 9:53 pm

I’m counting on 2024 – up until then it’s anyone’s guess!

• George Hughes

December 20, 2021 at 12:10 am

Those who have been lusting for an efficient three-wheeled cool commuter car have been doing so for at least 50 years … I first heard this hype when the car mags put the Dale out front making headlines touting 80 mpg economy during the gasoline crisis of that era.

I was reminded of it when I caught the series documentary about the Dale on HBO recently. Now that was a hummer of a sordid story.

The point is that looking at comparative managements, the rebooted Aptera efforts seems to have all the ingredients for success … We can wait a few months.

• Robin Galston

December 20, 2021 at 12:59 pm

I hadn’t heard of the Dale. Fascinating story!

• Lou Verner

December 20, 2021 at 4:16 am

If we lived in “normal” times, being concerned/P.O.’ed about a year’s delay to projected first delivery would be justified. These are unprecedented not-normal times and with Covid-19 surging yet again, not one of us should be surprised that Aptera’s pushing delivery dates back. I would be thrilled if they could pull off first delivery sometime in 2023 and happily look forward to mine in 2024????????!

• Robin Galston

December 20, 2021 at 11:27 am

Being that there’s no way of telling if, in fact, production starts in ’22 just who will take delivery, it’s best to leave the “expected delivery” of ’22. Especially if it means peeps will back out/get disparaged if it’s changed to later. If ever there was a vehicle worth the wait, this is it!

• Joshua Rosen

December 20, 2021 at 11:34 am

I think you meant discouraged not disparaged. We’ve been mostly civil to each other in this group, I would hope that no one who drops out would be disparaged but it’s the Internet so who knows.

• Robin Galston

December 20, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Thanks for the clarification, even though I looked up the definition I thought it worked. Maybe I was thinking customers disparaging Aptera.

• Peter Dezendorf

December 20, 2021 at 2:00 pm

I am discouraged. I know Aptera is trying their best to get the vehicle into production; I’m not faulting them. OTOH, if the change in production date had been revealed more directly that would have been better.

Also, the timing was good for a vehicle to replace my current one in the first half of 2022. If 2023 (or 2024) is more likely for an Aptera vehicle to appear in my driveway, I may have to buy another car to get to that point. Not a happy thought.

• GLEN KIRK

December 20, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Yeah, I’ve been really wanting this car, enough so that I’m an investor, but 2023 will probably mean I have to get something else. It depends on if my f150 lightening shows up in 2022, which seems even less likely. My main vehicle needs to be replaced so the passenger car may end up being something else like a Kia ev6 and revisit getting an aptera sometime in the future. Thing is, I’m not a person who trades in cars very often, (current main vehicle was bought new in 2013). This is very depressing. Also, I was thinking about increasing my investment, but probably not now. I don’t blame aptera for this, I always thought the time line was optimistic, but I was counting on 6 or 8 months delayed, not a year or more.

• Francis Giroux

December 20, 2021 at 6:22 pm

If anyone with a reservation before mine is looking to “drop out” or cancel/refund their reservation I suggest you auction off your reservation to one of us who are further down the list. I expect that once we get an Aptera in our yard, we will fairly easily get referrals, and if we have purchased someone else’s place in line, we could even more easily sell an early reservation at a profit, especially as this reservation total keeps going up. If we don’t want to wait, imagine someone who sees and/or drives your car and wants one asap. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a few earlier reservations in hand that you could sell? Or maybe you could sell off your “used” Aptera and wait again for a reservation in hand to come up so you can replace it, maybe even upgrade it. I see these delays as opportunities.

• Patrick Liebknecht

December 23, 2021 at 10:07 am

Going by the latest update

No one is getting an aptera by the end of the year ( 2021) try to remember we’re just members spit bawling here no one from APtera charming in on any of these threads or even monitoring these threads… that being said I doubt most people will get theirs by 2024

My thought is this …. I’m going to keep saving all my OT at work and putting away my projected car payment every month until aptera decides to start producing vehicles if they decide to. If not and they fail again , I’ll pay cash for an ICE car that gets decent mpg ( not a hybrid and not a electric car )

As we have seen in California ( this will be coming to a state near you ) , they’ve made it more expensive to use electric and they started with the “mileage tax” when you bought less gas and they lost money on their gas tax , also with the current attack on fossil fuels ( especially coal ) guess what coal produces your electric you need to charge your car.

Soooo that said If I can’t buy a full solar never need charge car , I’m going to stay with ICE cars period

• GLENN ZAJIC

December 23, 2021 at 10:18 am

I am pretty sure this mileage tax will be extending to even ICE vehicles so there may be no escape.

I sure wouldn’t but any new ICE vehicle as something will come along that will be better. I do have full faith in Aptera making it, and making it ” BIG TIME “. I hope to own their roadster, sedan and truck if they stay with their ethos.

• Joshua Rosen

December 23, 2021 at 11:02 am

I’m all for a mileage tax as long as it applies to all cars not just EVs so that it doesn’t discourage EV adoption. Ideally the mileage tax would be based on either the weight of the vehicle or the MPG/MPGe which would do a good job of approximating what the gas tax does. Weight is a good proxy for the damage that a vehicle does to the roadways, MPG/MPGe captures weight indirectly and it directly captures energy usage which corresponds to the environmental effects of the vehicle.

One more thing. States should wait until EVs reach a respectable percentage of car sales before implementing a new tax. California might be there already but nobody else is. With only a couple % of new cars sales being electric the amount of money not collected in gas tax is trivial. In the long term one of the deficiencies of a mileage tax vs a gas tax is that it’s only collected once a year. With the gas tax you are reminded how much an inefficient vehicle costs to fuel every week when you fill it up, with an annual tax people won’t make the same connection so they won’t be as incentivized to buy an efficient vehicle as opposed to an inefficient one. EVs do have a virtual tail pipe because most power plants use fossil fuels. An F150 Lightning is going to dump five times as many pollutants into the atmosphere as an Aptera. With a gas F150 the cost of that is readily apparent every time you go to the gas station. With an EV the cost of fuel is invisible because your electric bill doesn’t break out the cost to charge your car from the total amount, an annual mileage tax that’s based on MPGe would at least give you some indication.

• Joshua Caldwell

December 23, 2021 at 10:59 am

I got a “new” 20 year old car last year with barely any miles (only a single year of my normal usage) so I’ve changed my reservation options to make me one of the later people instead of one of the earlier ones to receive the Aptera.

On the other hand, didn’t they say that people would start receiving theirs at the end of 2021 with most being delivered in 2022?

• Lou Verner

December 23, 2021 at 11:29 am

That may have been true beginning of year but if you watched latest video (see other thread), you’ll find Chris stating they hope to get out first deliveries by end of 2022. Hope that’s not overly optimistic????!

• Jeff Wilson

December 23, 2021 at 11:39 am

I just gave myself an Aptera for Christmas with the expectation that I might see it by next Christmas. But 2023 is fine by me.

• G Johns

December 25, 2021 at 11:07 am

I will move up one.

• Bruce Jankowitz

January 4, 2022 at 11:35 am

My date shows 2022 on their website, hope its close because my Kona ev lease is up early 2023. If this pushes too much I will have to purchase something else so I have a vehicle. Most likely an Ioniq5 or EV6. Looks like I may have to seriously consider this fallback.

Viewing 1 - 15 of 15 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now