Why do I need a credit card for reservation?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Why do I need a credit card for reservation?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Why do I need a credit card for reservation?

• Why do I need a credit card for reservation?

• J T

June 16, 2022 at 9:34 pm

When I try to put down a reservation, it won’t let me submit without putting in my CC info even though I got a coupon code to zero out the $100 reservation fee.

I don’t want to put in my CC info because I am concerned they may charge the full price of the vehicle today, whereas my understanding is that I would pay for the vehicle when it is about to be delivered.

Anybody else have the same concern? How can I get around putting in my CC info?

• kerbe2705

June 16, 2022 at 10:32 pm

@J T just email Aptera at info@aptera.us and ask them directly: I’m sure they’ll work with you.

• Curtis Cibinel

June 16, 2022 at 10:52 pm

Pretty sure you can use privacy.com to use a fake card with a low limit. The purpose is for dealing with vendors you feel are sketchy (not that I would have that concern about Aptera). I keep meaning to try the service especially if they still give you a free $5. Often promoted on Linus tech toss.

• GLENN ZAJIC

June 17, 2022 at 11:42 am

My daughter also received a coupon code for the reservation fee. But, like you stated, we had to put in the CC info to proceed. I was not worried about the full price charge as this is my second reservation. But they did charge me the $100. We have requested this to be refunded but have not yet heard back.

• Che McKittrick

June 18, 2022 at 7:34 am

How do you even get a coupon to waive the reservation fee?

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now