Why so many used Teslas?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Why so many used Teslas?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Why so many used Teslas?

• Why so many used Teslas?

• Peter Dezendorf

July 29, 2022 at 3:04 pm

I often visit the CarMax website. I may have to buy another car before my Aptera arrives.

Why are there SO many used Teslas on the market? I don’t mean old ones, but 2021 or 2022 with only a few thousand miles on them. I’m in the DC Metro area. Is it different elsewhere?

• Eric Caldwell

July 29, 2022 at 3:10 pm

I’m seeing lot of articles (such as https://www.teslarati.com/used-tesla-evs-flipped-impressive-profits/) saying that people are flipping Tesla’s for a quick profit and that Tesla is even seeking to permaban flippers from ever buying a new Tesla again.

• Dennis Swaney

July 29, 2022 at 3:32 pm

That would be illegal since once you buy an item, you own it. If they can do that, why not ban ANY purchaser who sells it later no matter when or how many years down the road? Maybe Tesla should completely stop selling their vehicles and make them lease only with no option to buy.

• kerbe2705

July 29, 2022 at 3:35 pm

@Eric Caldwell It’s amazing how folks with money to burn spend their cash: I can’t imagine spending tens of thousands of dollars over list on a slightly used vehicle just because the one I ordered is delayed for a few months – or to avoid high fuel costs.

• David Marlow

July 29, 2022 at 3:58 pm

I have personally seen one Mock E owner trying to do the same thing and understand that there are more.

• Dennis Swaney

July 29, 2022 at 6:49 pm

The full name is: Faux Mustang Mock E. 😉

• Pistonboy Delux

July 29, 2022 at 7:46 pm

The buyers may not like the cold and stark minimalist interior.

Minimalist interiors have no warmth to them. Another example of minimalist interior is a prison cell.

I have wondered if I will find the Aptera interior that way.

• John Voules

July 29, 2022 at 8:11 pm

I sincerely hope not. Let’s wait and see for final product. The starkness maybe more color and material related. A simple clean and easy to use environment…modern take for an extremely modern car.

• Riley ________________________________

July 30, 2022 at 3:10 am

I’ve owned a model 3 for 16 months and find myself indifferent of its interior, the minimalism makes it easy to keep clean and gives a kind of timeless feel.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now