Will it drift?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Will it drift?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Will it drift?

• Will it drift?

Posted by david-zacharias on May 19, 2023 at 11:55 pm

😏 I wonder, if the Aptera will be able to drift.

Clearly not the #1 priority, but a nice detail, if you are able to drift around in circles of some fossile cars 😄

What do you think? What thinks the Aptera Team about that?

david-zacharias replied 10 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Will it drift?

david-zacharias updated 10 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • Riley

May 20, 2023 at 12:38 am

I remember hearing that it would be possible to purposefully lose traction on the rear tire to make the Aptera do a full 180 at standstill using the three elaphe motors. I beleive an aptera can drift if such a feature was programed into the car.

• ImAlwaysMIA

May 20, 2023 at 9:28 am

Kicking the rear out should theoretically be super easy. The vehicle is front weight biased and it will have awd, it’s all about how TC gets programmed.

• Shawgrin

May 20, 2023 at 5:33 pm

Due to the tripodle balance it will be much harder to kick the rear end out that a 4 wheel vehicle. (weight distribution is more spread out on a 4 wheel vehicle.)(doubt the motors and electronics would even be possible with out some major work)

• harry-parker

May 23, 2023 at 12:19 pm

You can see the Aptera Beta do a little drifting in their “Moose Test” video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BRaKbWQdxY

Doing more will need some tricked out motor control software to control the torque and braking on the individual motors.

• david-zacharias

June 18, 2023 at 12:55 am

Thanks for your replies. We will see. At the moment the most important thing is, to get the Aptera on the road 🙂

or to reply.