Reply To: Aptera Ads and Advertising / Marketing

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Ads and Advertising / Marketing Reply To: Aptera Ads and Advertising / Marketing

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Aptera Ads and Advertising / Marketing Reply To: Aptera Ads and Advertising / Marketing

• george-hughes

August 9, 2022 at 6:33 pm

If you’re like me, this is ‘double-take time’ and I did; rewinding the stream on I think Rachel Maddow’s Monday night show to see a ten-second spot that was definitely an Aptera commercial.

Ten seconds isn’t long and it showed the one of the Alpha’s on a bridge, said something about the 1000 mile range and the website.

The title implies a local cable TV system but the medium was YoutubeTV …. an internet based streaming outfit that bundles streaming channels into an enhanced cableTV offering.

As all this is associated with Google, it would be helpful to me to know how targeted the media buy was. I was doing media most of my days and the question is whether they were dialing those whose online searches/visits/time spent surrounding Aptera on Google and I would be a natural target and the show watched would fit my viewing (media consumption profile).

I’m not assuming that I was specifically targeted, but the invasive tracking that now is the advertising industry allows targeting of ads to criteria like use of the term Aptera in google search and viewing specific programs.

Has anyone else seen an Aptera advert in a mainstream media context?