Rain guards

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Rain guards

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Rain guards

• Rain guards

Posted by daniel-crotty on March 31, 2023 at 8:29 am

You know those snap in guards that go over the driver and passenger windows? They keep the rain from blowing in if the window is down. I have never used them, but I think they may also lower the wind noise.

I suspect that Aptera’s design may serve render those unnecessary.

Anyone (especially Aptera guys) know?

Would be just one more of the many Pluses

kerbe2705 replied 1 year, 1 month ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Rain guards

kerbe2705 updated 1 year, 1 month ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • kerbe2705

March 31, 2023 at 1:02 pm

@daniel-crotty Actually, they tend to INCREASE wind noise when the windows are closed.

• Shawgrin

March 31, 2023 at 4:55 pm

Kerbe is right, they would increase CD and noise on an Aptera.

• ROMAD

March 31, 2023 at 7:59 pm

I think you missed the CENTRAL point of Daniel’s post:

Quote:

I suspect that Aptera’s design may serve render those unnecessary.

Anyone (especially Aptera guys) know?

Would be just one more of the many Pluses

End Quote.

• daniel-crotty

March 31, 2023 at 8:05 pm

Sometimes, I think I must be writing in Russian. People’s responses are to something other than the “point”. Thanks for point to it.

• Riley

March 31, 2023 at 8:51 pm

Your English is very good, I understood everything you wrote perfectly fine 😉

I don’t think very much rain will go into an open window but no way to know for sure till you try in person.

• kerbe2705

April 1, 2023 at 10:04 pm

@daniel-crotty I understood your point – but there’s no way anyone could answer it as there isn’t a physical Delta prototype available to test.

In your post you included this phrase: “… but I think they may also lower the wind noise.” This was the part to which I was responding – because I want to correct your misconception.

The issue with aerodynamic vehicles is that they work best when air flows OVER them: Opening windows causes air to ENTER them, resulting loud, thrumming noises and inducing serious drag. This is why modern vehicles (including Aptera) have fresh-air intakes – to let the occupants enjoy fresh, filtered air without needing to open the windows.

or to reply.