Pet kit requests

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Pet kit requests

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Pet kit requests

• Pet kit requests

Posted by matthew-crawford on March 6, 2023 at 5:28 pm

From what I’ve seen in interviews on YouTube, the pet kit is going to be a rugged liner for the rear, with a rugged net divider to keep pets from getting into the front and a set of fold out steps to make it easier for our pets to get in and out of the Aptera. Beyond this I would like to request that there be anchors to clip onto harnesses to help keep the pets safe and an optional vertical divider that would run front to back so that the rear area could be divided between pets and luggage. We take our dogs on vacation with us and there should be enough room to have the dogs on one side and the suitcases on the other, but I would prefer to have something separating them so the dogs don’t climb on top of the suitcases and pillows.

Just a thought. Looking forward to going on vacation in my Aptera with my girlfriend and our dogs.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Matthew Crawford. Reason: Edit to fix awkward phrasing
    joshua-caldwell replied 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Pet kit requests

joshua-caldwell updated 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • len

March 6, 2023 at 5:37 pm

Hi

There are cargo clips “as seen in the delta renderings”…. I suppose these could ne used for a pet safety harness. At least that will be our plan for our 71# Doberman. Fun times ahead!

• matthew-crawford

March 6, 2023 at 5:40 pm

I figured they would be present in the pet kit as well, but just wanted to make sure it was in the teams’ minds. The vertical front-to-back divider is the bigger request. Can’t wait to see the finished kit.

• ROMAD

March 6, 2023 at 7:32 pm

“Just a thought. Looking forward to going on vacation in my Aptera with my dogs and girlfriend”

Ah, isn’t that phrasing a little awkward, Matthew? Is your girlfriend aware that she is in second place to your dogs? 😉

• matthew-crawford

March 6, 2023 at 7:59 pm

LoL. That’s the result of writing going on vacation with my dogs, then deciding to clarify that there would in fact be 2 people in the car. I’m taking cold meds and didn’t proof as much as I should’ve. ^_~

• joshua-caldwell

March 7, 2023 at 6:53 am

Aside from what has already been mentioned, I want the following things in the Pet Kit.

#1 (and most important) the option to keep the interior at a set temperature while you’re away from the Aptera and the Pet is inside + A way to indicate on both the left and right windows what the interior temperature is for so that people don’t simply smash the windows when they see a pet inside a vehicle with locked doors and closed windows.

#2 In my current car I always put the seatbelt through the holder in the top of my pet’s crate, I would love the ability to do this in the trunk with enough room on the belt to be able to hold side by side crates (I’ve never transported less than 2 dogs at a time for my friend). An adjustable belt would be best for this so that when this happens many times a year I can have a passenger in the seat and a secured crate in the back.

#3 Given that my friend has nearly a dozen dogs and works in dog shows, the cargo clips would be the best ways to hold multiple pet crates given all the room in the back and thus there should be an adjustable belt for each pair of cargo clips.

#4 If there could be an air exhaust in the back this would be best so that air flows from the front of the Aptera to the back and minimize the amount of odor up front (comes to mind having transported sick dogs several times).

or to reply.