Rear Cross Traffic Warning

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Rear Cross Traffic Warning

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Rear Cross Traffic Warning

• Rear Cross Traffic Warning

Posted by boz-oclown on October 12, 2023 at 5:06 pm

I’ve been thinking about the possible problem of backing out of a parking spot.

The wide stance of the front wheels and visibility out of a relatively high rear end might make backing out difficult. Will there be any rear cross traffic warning (RCTW)? Additionally, monitoring your blind spots would benefit from a BSM system.

Are either of these systems part of the plan?

I never considered these systems to be that important until I rented a Hyundai Elantra with them. Now I feel they should be in every new car, truck and SUV.

Flytosail replied 6 months, 1 week ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Rear Cross Traffic Warning

Flytosail updated 6 months, 1 week ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • Biker

October 12, 2023 at 5:29 pm

Neither of those systems have been mentioned as features of the Launch Edition.

• WesMan

October 12, 2023 at 7:53 pm

Would be nice. Hopefully the cameras catch most, if not all of the view.

• kerbe2705

October 18, 2023 at 10:02 pm

@boz-oclown Remember that the camera for reversing is mounted below the license plate – the rear-view “mirror” camera is mounted at nearly roof height on the rear hatch.

I’ve not yet driven a vehicle with a cross-traffic warning system – but everything I have driven has had a very wide-angle reversing view. So far I haven’t had any problems… (knock wood!)

• Riley

October 19, 2023 at 12:46 am

Simply back into every parking spot and you will find no issue with pulling forward out of every parking spot.

• Flytosail

October 25, 2023 at 9:01 pm

Or if backing in to a parking scope is “scary” go for a pull through spot.

or to reply.