Rivian EV News

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Rivian EV News

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Rivian EV News

• Rivian EV News

• rich

March 8, 2024 at 12:03 pm

RIVIAN is also next to go as GUEST on the TESLA SUPERCHARGER system nationwide sometime in the Month of March. Following Ford…

• craig-merrow

March 8, 2024 at 3:48 pm

That’s really sharp! Nice to see a midsize version being added to their lineup.

• UnidentifiedDrivingObject

March 8, 2024 at 7:33 pm

This R3(X) just supplanted the (Chinese) Volvo EX30, as my 2nd choice..right below “Top Dog”/#1 AWD Aptera. Once pre order commences, I’ll surely place for one (for 2026).

• curtis-cibinel

March 8, 2024 at 10:19 pm

The r3 visual is extremely basic and off-putting. For comparison this is a 2004 Pontiac vibe which is now 20 years old and has similar utilitarian functionality/size (I drive one for 8 years) . I get they don’t want to overalls or poach people from higher models but it is just a very basic box and they didn’t even include rails.

March 8, 2024 at 10:54 pm

I dunno about you. But to me, it exudes retro boxy vibes, with a Kammbak rear/K-Tail (Nope, not that “Vibe”; that Pontiac/Toyota Matrix with a sloping curved roofline never even popped in my mind as a comparison, at all). This flat roofline R3 reminds me of a Tonka toy, in real life. Appealing also, to the “boxy” upright theme of a modern ICE Suzuki Jimny Kei suv. Electrified. To me, this would be a smoother analogy to it (plus 2 more doors)..to these US shores. At this size, this would sell like hotcakes.

• ImAlwaysMIA

March 9, 2024 at 12:26 am

Not even close, Rivian clearly going to rally car vibes with the R3 based on design and what they’ve mentioned about the vehicle. Look up the Lancia Delta Integrale.

• Greek

March 9, 2024 at 5:57 am

Funky Ugly Cute vibes is what I am feeling….part Range Rover part Gremlin.

March 9, 2024 at 9:10 am

Show an Aptera to an “Average Joe” on the street, who has never heard of it, nor seen nor understand, would probably say the same exact thing.

I remember someone I showed a picture post of an Aptera in Reddit a few months back, actually quipped with a nasty four-letter word. Weirded out.

Yeah, once in a while..we need to “look in the mirror”..😉

March 9, 2024 at 11:48 am

The “eccentric” Russian 4×4 ICE cousin of the R3..the Lada Niva.

or to reply.