Second Vehicle Reservation?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Second Vehicle Reservation?

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Second Vehicle Reservation?

• Second Vehicle Reservation?

Posted by laura-batchelor on July 12, 2023 at 1:20 pm

I want to go ahead and make a second reservation for a 1000 mile vehicle. We are getting an Accelerator Launch Edition and will upgrade to the larger range when they become available. How does one make a second reservation without losing the original one?

harry-parker replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 11 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Second Vehicle Reservation?

harry-parker updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago 11 Members · 15 Replies
  • Sam

July 12, 2023 at 1:34 pm

Log in. Click the menu for Vehicle,or Reserve, and reserve it. Afterwards, you can click My Account and scroll to the bottom for Orders to see both orders. Probably other ways of doing so as well.

• laura-batchelor

July 14, 2023 at 4:05 pm

Thanks. I was going through my reservation page instead of starting fresh from the website home page, so that was the issue. Chalk it up to tired brain cells…

• joshua-rosen

July 12, 2023 at 2:24 pm

I’d contact Aptera directly to see if you can get your second order put to the head of the line for the long range. You are an Accelerator investor, that should entitle you to preferential treatment.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Joshua Rosen.
    • laura-batchelor

July 14, 2023 at 4:00 pm

I don’t want to skip ahead of the line. I just want a reservation for when they eventually are made. We will get an Accelerator LE and drive it until we can upgrade, so there is not a huge rush. In fact, driving the 400 miler will give us a good idea of whether we can get by with a 600 miler. Back of the envelope figures show us inbetween the two ranges for our useage.

• JRWiley

July 14, 2023 at 4:45 pm

Or. . . get by with the 400.

• Kamakiri

July 12, 2023 at 2:40 pm

I’d have your partner set up a second account, since you said ‘we’. Couldn’t hurt to check with Aptera directly if you can get a good slot for the 1,000 mile queue whenever those go into production.

• BigSky

July 12, 2023 at 3:16 pm

I have 2 reservations on my account. Just go order it and your second car will get a new reservation number for the new car and it will not impact your first reservation. I am basically doing the same thing, but I am waiting for a 600 mile.

• laura-batchelor

July 14, 2023 at 4:01 pm

I finally figured out that my Reservation was what I was clicking on (duh!) and using the homepage button, as you suggested, would indeed get me where I needed to go. Thanks.

• Bureaucrat

January 11, 2024 at 1:11 pm

What are the delivery terms for a second aptera? Is a separate deposit needed? [It would be good to give meaning to the reservation number – beyond the accelerator ranking.]. Does anyone else have multiple reservations? If both reservations are for launch editions, how is that ranked/listed? Bye to

The Bureaucreat

• harry-parker

January 13, 2024 at 7:06 am

🤓 Of course a 2nd deposit is needed to show you are serious.

Your new reservation will be placed at the end of the queue of 40,000+ reservations, so that is 2+ years out. Delivery date will depend on what country you are in and which battery size you requested. The most popular 400 mile range orders will be followed by 250 range orders, then by 600 mile range orders and finally the 1000 mile range orders.

• david-marlow

January 11, 2024 at 4:52 pm

sense I have a second reservation for a 600 mile version, I would expect that my order would be filled in reservation number for 600 mile versions, so not for a couple of years. By then I should know if the 400 mile launch editioon will be enough for my needs in the Michigan winters.

• robert-howe

January 12, 2024 at 7:46 am

My original order was for a 1000 mile Aptera (reserved in December 2020). When it became obvious the 1K version was going to be last in line for production, I switched it to the LE and reserved a 1K under my wife’s name. It seems there’s not many 1k signups out there so it doesn’t matter where we are in that reservation queue.

• Greek

January 12, 2024 at 10:49 am

I am one of those multiple order customers of APTERA including the 1k model. Not sure at the end if I will be more than pleased with the 600 mile range model. At 70mph with the probability of using some battery consumption for cabin comfort, we should still get close to 6-7 hours of nonstop driving (way beyond the typical drivers ability to go without a stop). I will probably still purchase a 1k model, but really it would be more for my personal ego of owning it. Not sure if I actually have a use case for the APTERA as a back up for loss of home power, I do have a roof full of solar panels. Maybe a long camping trip that will allow me to live off the vehicle for as long as I need, that maybe the best excuse for me to purchase.

• JRWiley

January 12, 2024 at 1:04 pm

@Greek – If I have a 600 mile range Aptera and want to stay within the 20-80% charge limitations, wouldn’t that limit me to 360 miles (even less at 70mph with cabin heating or cooling)? Just trying to understand how to realistically look at the range of a 400 mile LE. I also have a 600 reserved and would appreciate your perspective on what I should expect for the range on that one.

• Greek

January 12, 2024 at 1:35 pm

I will also follow 20-80 charging window for daily needs, but for the occasional long trips, I do plan on using the other 40% of the available charging limit. Doing so occasionally will have limited effect towards degradation. My 2014 i3 which owned since May of 2016 has always been fully charged and mostly recharged starting below 20%. My Tesla I have been staying with in the 20-80 parameters thus far. I believe most of us will baby our APTERA, but there is no reason why you can’t fully enjoy its range when needed occasionally.

or to reply.